• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random PhotoPass tips :)

Do you have to have your photos put on a CD to use PhotoPass? We don't really keep tangible copies of photos and most of our albums are hosted online. I thought I read somewhere that uploading to Facebook and places online is free - it's only if you want your copies on a CD that there's cost involved.

Did I misunderstand, or is that how it works? :confused:

I don't know where you might have read that. I just checked http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/ (which is a great resource for everything you need to know about PhotoPass) and it says you can purchase downloads at $14.95 a picture. The CD is the most cost-effective way to purchase PhotoPass pictures.

I don't know where you might have read that. I just checked http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/ (which is a great resource for everything you need to know about PhotoPass) and it says you can purchase downloads at $14.95 a picture. The CD is the most cost-effective way to purchase PhotoPass pictures.

I got this off the actual Disney World site.

Disney's PhotoPass Service is a picture-perfect way to make sure you capture all your magical memories—and get everyone in the picture—during your Disney vacation! With this complimentary service, you can view your photos online, and even share them with your friends and family through email and Facebook. And if you love a particular photo, or all of them, you can also purchase products and gifts that will ensure your vacation memories last a lifetime.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/photo-pass/

But then, I went to the help page http://www.disneyphotopass.com/skins/100147/help/ViewingPhotos_Help.htm#sharing and it says that they don't actually upload the photos to Facebook, it's more or less a link that takes them to your Disney photo album page. Boo. :sad1:

So, you can share your album through Facebook and email without having to pay for anything, but to actually upload the photos to Facebook or have digital copies outside of the Disney hosted site, you have to buy the CD.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are in the parks seasonally, like May-September. Maybe someone else has a more definitive answer.

I have a photo of my sister and I at Blizzard Beach in January, so they USED to have some year-round (but that was back in 2009), so I don't know what it's like now. I remember seeing them on the lazy river and at the end of the family raft ride...

Here's a tip I learnt about last night from a friend and REAL Disney nut:

You can ask a Photopass Photographer to come somewhere to take a shot. The worst they'll say is "Sorry - I can't".

Obviously, if there's a queue you might not get away with it and I doubt you could take them anywhere - but if your fave spot near by - why not?

His example was in Hollywood studios - he's a massive Star Wars fan so he got the photographer to come from nearby to take a pic with him and the family with the At-At walker.

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

We are preparing for our trip in August and my DD found some new info on Photpass and I wonder if anyone can answer our question...the new prices on photopass are up and there is an opportunity (as before) to purchase in advance however, there is a "new" kiosk in the parks where you can purchase a newly introduced pkg that includes your ride photos(from certain rides) and shots at certain Character meals (O'Hana, Tusker House, 1900 Pk Fare etc) for only a few dollars more. Has any one heard if you pre-purchase your photopass before you go IF you can ADD this as an upgrade? Just curious :) Many thanks!:confused3

We are preparing for our trip in August and my DD found some new info on Photpass and I wonder if anyone can answer our question...the new prices on photopass are up and there is an opportunity (as before) to purchase in advance however, there is a "new" kiosk in the parks where you can purchase a newly introduced pkg that includes your ride photos(from certain rides) and shots at certain Character meals (O'Hana, Tusker House, 1900 Pk Fare etc) for only a few dollars more. Has any one heard if you pre-purchase your photopass before you go IF you can ADD this as an upgrade? Just curious :) Many thanks!:confused3

It sounds like you are talking about the new "PhotoPass Plus" which costs $199.95. It includes a photo card with lanyard (so you don't have to keep track of your card), 400 stock photos you can use for a photo album etc, photos from dining at 8 different restaurants that have photo packages, and pictures from 7 different rides.

Personally, we don't ride most of the rides that have pictures on them, definitely not as a family so we wouldn't want those pictures. We MIGHT eat at ONE of the restaurants included but we can buy that package for $30 something dollars rather than the additional $100 for the plus package. I prepurchased the basic photopass for $99.95 and I'm looking forward to using it. But the price of the PLUS doubles the cost of the photopass. For us, no thanks.

Oh, and yes, if you prepurchase the standard photopass you can upgrade to Plus at the park. My receipt offered me that.

WOW! you got a great deal on your Photopass! When I looked it up it was 169.95! I felt the additional upgrade money wasn't too bad but if I could get the 99 deal.... WOW!:woohoo: we do eat at the restaurants and ride the rides so I guess for us it seems a bit better! Thanks for the information, and I am glad I now can call it by name!!:goodvibes

ineedmyblankie;31838088 • At Magic Kingdom said:
We had this done and our photographer also took individual pic of DD and DS which I thought was really neat - those are my 2 favorite photos from our trip.

Also, if you find some of your pictures are missing when you do get home, don't hesitate to contact photopass in an attempt to find them. We got home to find our Minnie pictures at Animal Kingdom were of a different family. At first I wasn't going to worry since I had some on my own camera but I contacted photopass, and provided the descriptions they asked for and they were able to recover and provide us with the correct photos. In other words, never hurts to try if you have a problem.

When we did magic shots, SIL took a picture with her own camera. It lets us show people what the pose looked like before the magic was added. It's kind of cool, particularly the balloon magic shot.

It would also work well in any magic shot where you're supposed to look shocked (holding Tinkerbell or Stitch on the Bench). SIL didn't get these, but it would look pretty funny if you're shocked but there's nothing there to be shocked about.

Every time we see a Photopass photographer, we ask if he/she can do any magic shots.

This is our favorite magic shot. My son and Stitch are sitting on the curb infront of the ice cream parlor, and Stitch is eating an ice cream
hs3.jpg

We had stopped to take these 2 shots
hs1.jpg

hs2.jpg

The photographer asked us if we wanted to do another cool shot and would we just walk up the street with him, or did we want to get going. There was a line behind us waiting to take these 2 sitting shots (there was another with both Mickey and Minnie but I can't find one right now) and he told those people he'd be right back. We walked up to the ice cream parlor, took this shot and went on our way. The photographer went back to his line.

WOW! you got a great deal on your Photopass! When I looked it up it was 169.95! I felt the additional upgrade money wasn't too bad but if I could get the 99 deal.... WOW!:woohoo: we do eat at the restaurants and ride the rides so I guess for us it seems a bit better! Thanks for the information, and I am glad I now can call it by name!!:goodvibes

The pre-visit photopass purchase is available to everyone. The price went up in March (when the regular price went from 150 to 170). It is $119.95.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter