Random Disney Trivia

Did u know...
That when Rockin' Rollercoaster starts counting down that it doesn't wait until it counts to one before it starts?

(watch the video for proof: TheCoasterViews (the person who put up the video):drive::cool1:

spursboy13 said:
Did you know, Mickey was a replacement for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit? Disney made an agreement with Universal basically saying that if Mickey Mouse was successful, Universal could have Oswald.

Actually, I believe Mickey was created after Walt lost Oswald. Walt Disney signed a contract with Universal, unknowing that they owned the character.
"Then Mintz dropped the bombshell. He declared that he owned all rights to Oswald and warned: 'Either you come with me at my price, or I'll take your organization from you. I have your key men signed up'
Walt was desolate. Not only had he lost his star performer, Oswald."
Then:
"How Mickey mouse was born we may never know. Walt told the story embellished over the years, that on the train ride back to California he had concocted a new character, based on a friendly mouse who had visited his drawing board in Kansas City."

I read this in the book "Disney's Art of Animation.
From Mickey Mouse to Beauty and the Beast."
But yeah, it's still pretty cool how he created him. If there was no Universal, there would be no Mickey.

Did you know Hidden Mickeys were created by CMs when Epcot was in construction? They weren't wanted to put classic Disney characters like the Fab Five featured in any other park but Magic Kingdom, so the CMs added Hidden Mickeys to satisfy themselves and have a game to play :)

Let's see...

-Cinderella castle is made of fiberglass
-The Earfell Tower, Hollywood Studios icon, has Mickey ears on top. If the ears were real, the hat size would be hat size 342 3/4
-Mulan was the first Disney movie to feature people with belly buttons:rotfl:
-Disney World is twice the size of Manhatten

Since Mulan and Lilo and Stitch had the same director, there was a Mulan poster in Nani's bedroom and a restaurant named Mulan's Wok.

-Walt designed MK so that when you enter a new land, you can't see the others
-After fitting DisneyLand into the MK parking lot, you would still have room for 500 cars
-On Cinderella's Carousel, only one horse has a gold ribbon on its tail

Some of the food in Living With the Land is used in the Garden Grill restaurant.

In each park, there is something(s) with a specific number on it. (Ex. The road sign in Dinoland USA, I think, that has 4,22,95) This number is the day that park, or, if there's more than one, attraction, was opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter