Random Disney GC Question

Kristina685

Mouseketeer
Hola fellow Disers! I have a random question...I would like to purchase $500 in Disney gift cards. Unfortunately, the store that sells them only has them in increments of $50. Does anyone know, if I purchase 10 of these, can I essentially trade it in for one $500 one once we get to WDW?? It would make it much easier to carry around 1 card as opposed to 10. Thanks for your help!

Keep in mind, some stores limit how many gift cards you can purchase at one time.

Gift cards are used in money laundering schemes.

Hmm... Maybe I'll just wait to see if the store gets them in higher increments. We have a few weeks before we go. Thank you both for your help!

It's quite simple to combine them online. And buying $500 worth would not set off any red flags whatsoever. Buying $10,000? More likely.

There's an entire thread dedicated to Disney Gift Card Deals that could even help you save money on your $500 worth of cards. One super easy way? 5% with your Target Red Card or about that if you have a Sam's Club membership.

I'm going for the Sams Club and using a rewards credit card, which will put it over Target's 5%. I'm not interested in any shady money bouncing around schemes. You can also buy Target gift cards online but there seems to be some risk involved.

The limit probably hinges on the $3000 threshold at which the sale of a monetary instrument with cash must be reported to the government. $500 is not going to trigger anything.

I purchase Several $500 dollar Disney Gift cards from Sam's Club online for my upcoming trip--free shiping, no tax. Plus, there is a discount on the cost of $500, you only have to pay like $475.00 but GC is worth $500.

I'd also suggest that if you combine cards, you hang onto the rest in an envelope just in case. I've heard horror stories from Disney about people's gift cards that make me want to keep everything until I know I'm done with them (maybe even a few months after) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter