Random act of kindness in Disney

Riverhill

DIS Veteran
I have been convinced for years that people who love Disney, are kind people in general. They want to make that Disney feeling happen everyday.

Tell me about a fellow vacationer that made a difference in your Disney experience.

For me it was a very nice woman from Europe who approached me a gave my family 6 Fass passes to Kali River rapids. She was on her way out of the park. We were thrilled!!

While it has never happened to me, I have offered to take pictures for people. I have given way lots of FP's on the way out of a park. I have given way tickets to MVMCP because we were too cold and too tired to go. I have bought balloons and given them away to random kids. I have given away lots of pins over time to little kids and a couple of adults that you could see that inner child gleam in their eye. I have helped lost kids find a CM to help them find their parents. Stuff like that helps me to feel like maybe the world can be a better place, even if it only happens at WDW.

When I was about five, we went to WDW with my three very spoiled cousins. We were all in a gift shop, and my cousins' parents bought them all very expensive gifts that my family couldn't afford. We were by the cash register, and my mom said "we're just looking around, we're not doing any expensive souvenirs this trip, ok?". I responded with "yes, mommy". The cashier was so impressed that she gave me a Magical Moments Certificate and announced to the store that I was a poised, polite princess. She said that this kind of maturity was hard to come by at my age, and such a Magical Moment was something no amount of money could ever buy. I was absolutely thrilled! It was better than any souvenir! My cousins immediately forgot about their new expensive gifts and were immediately jealous of my Magical Moment.

That wasn't so much a fellow vacationer's doing, but it was because of my fellow vacationing family that it happened!

A fellow DISer that we met at the Wishes Dessert Party in April gave us 4 fastpasses to Peter Pan so after the party, we were able to head over to Fantasyland and ride Peter Pan right away even though the standby line was 45 minutes. We would have skipped Peter Pan if not for the FP as we only had an hour to do rides before the park closed. :) We got in several rides and it made for a super fun night.:dance3:

In 2007, I went to Disneyland for the day with my best friend and her aunt. I was always into Disney movies, but this one moment is, what I think, what sealed me into being a Disney Park addict like all of you. :lovestruc

It was right after the fireworks, almost closing time and we were making the traditional Disneyland guest rush to ride the Matterhorn before close. My best friend and I were just saying to each other how much we wish we could ride Indie one last time too, but we had never been on the Matterhorn. Just as we get to the entrance, someone gave us a dream fast pass so we could ride Indie again after all! I just remember how shocked I was that a regular guest like myself would give away not just a fast pass, but a special "Year of a Million Dreams" one to myself and my friend. Ever since then in all my Disney visits I try and do the same thing for other people.

Back in May my friend and I were in the Animal Kingdom, and had just got into a 40 minute line for Kali River Rapids, and all the fastpasses had gone. As we were walking through the line to join the end of it, a guest in the Fast Pass line (which runs parallel to the standby line) said "Are there two of you?" to which we replied "yes", and then he said "Here you go" and handed us 2 fastpasses, with a return time of right away. Instead of 40 minutes, we were on and off within 10 minutes :)

We decided to 'pass it on' later that day when were at Hollywood Studios, in the line for Fantasmic- we gave some other guests some glow sticks that we had.

It really is the little things that make a difference- we were so grateful that he gave them to us :)

The one with offering to take pictures with someone's camera so they can all be in it or someone offering to do the same for you is my special one. It means so much to me. I didn't buy our Photopass CD last year after all and out of over 1000 photos, only 5 of them had both me and my DD in as it is just the 2 of us. Those pictures were all taken by passers by who offered to do it for us. Bless them all. It means more to me than they will ever know.

Another one, maybe a bit silly, but it made a huge difference. DD (7 at the time) and I were standing on the little decked area near to BTMR having a soda. DD was walking along the rocks and slipped, grazing her knee. She was really upset for some reason. Another little girl about the same age came over and offered her a Kleenex and a Bandaid. My daughter made a miraculous recovery and 2 years on, still talks about the kind little girl. :goodvibes Sometimes it is the smallest thing that makes the biggest difference.

Last September, our last night in MK, at closing (and our last night of the whole trip):

Dd was begging me for a balloon. I didn't want to spend $10 for a balloon when all we were doing was walking out of MK at closing and getting on the bus to back to our resort. (And we were leaving on DME the next morning at 8:30 a.m.)

But oh, she wanted a balloon!

I stuck to my guns... no balloon.... and then...

As we were nearing the end of Main Street, some random woman saw my dd and came up to me and asked if she would like a balloon. And handed her a huge lavendar balloon with the Princesses on it.

I have no idea if she heard dd asking for one. I really don't think so, though... our conversation had ended by that point. But either way it was a bit of Disney magic.

Re: Fastpasses, we handed three Soarin' Fastpasses (on our way out) to a couple entering Epcot about 2:45 in the afternoon. I would like to think they'd written off the idea of Soarin', entering at that point in the day, and hope those FPs made a Soarin' ride possible.

We started a tradition a few years ago. I was appauled by what Disney charges for the glow stuff they sell during parades and remembered that a party store back home (Party City) sells these things very cheaply. So now each year before we leave I go buy several packs of glow bracelets and necklaces. They come in 10 packs and are cheap. I then let my DD give them out to kids around her while we wait on Wishes. She loves the attention and all the kids are thrilled for the cool gifts.

On our trip in June we had 2 FPs for Everest but decided not to go back over there. My husband saw a young boy and gave him th FPs. Nice - but they were a group of 4 :headache:. I told DH that for future reference he should make sure he sees (or asks) how many are in the group - and that it would be better to give it to the parent. They could have been leaving the park too, or heading for an ADR. One thing that he does tell people when he passes on our FPs (we have done it before) is that they will accept them even after the time on the ticket has passed. I know when FP first came out we would throw them away if we missed our window of time - it wasn't until I came on these boards, and read trip reports in another group , that I found out you can use them even after that window of time.

I did a "guys only" trip about 5 years ago, and me and my buddy were at CHH and paid for the family behind us lunch. He just stood by let them order, and then asked them if he could pay. They originally said no, it was okay, but he insisted and suggested they use the money they would have spent for lunch on some special souveneirs for the kids.

We just came back a week ago and during the afternoon one day at MK my kids were so tired so we were leaving and going back to the resort. I tried to give away 2 FP to Space mountain... I couldn't!! No one would take them, everyone gave me a strange look like "why" "whats wrong with them".:scared1: I couldn't believe it. One woman even said "whats wrong? You don't like the ride?" I said no we are leaving and can't use them, she then said "well, ok I guess I will take them."
I was just trying to be nice... go figure.

In 2008 on our last day in the parks, MK, we won the Dream Fastpasses. We had no intentions of using them as we just went for a few hrs before our flight. On our way out we looked for a couple on their honeymoon to give 2 of the passes to. We found a couple and approached them and we explained we had won these, did not use them and were unable to use them so we wanted someone to be able to use them so we gave 2 of our 4 away ( kept 2 as souveniers). The couple was thrilled!

And it made us feel good that the passes weren't going to waste

In the good old days of Disney, I had 2 experiences from CMs.

1) I was in line to enter Epcot early in the morning. Its was super hot out and I kept pushing my short sleeves up over my shoulders. Every couple of minutes, the sleeve would fall and I pushed it over the shoulder again.

Out of nowhere, a CM tapped me on the shoulder and held out a handful of safety pins. She said "Do you want to use these to keep your sleeves up?" Wow!

2) On another trip, I had just entered MK. There was a barber shop quartet singing on Main St and when I went to take a picture, my camera wouldnt work. I went to the camera shop and asked for a disposible one. The CM asked if I forgot my camera and I said no, mine broke. He asked to take a look at it, then handed me a brand new camera exactly like my own. I told him I didnt want to buy a new camera, just a disposible would be fine. He said..no charge, have fun out there and take lots of pictures!!!!

Its these memories that have me going back and back and back and back. Disney is not the same as years ago, but Ive been on lots of other trips and by comparison, the CMs are friendlier and go out of their way to make a guest happy more than any place Ive been.

Last June, we decided to get fastpasses for Soarin' before going on TT, we weren't as long as we had origanally thought so decided to just queue for Soarin' and then go back on after with our FP's.
After we got off the first time, it was about 10 minutes until we could use our FP's but we saw 2 people looking at the waiting time of 120 minutes, saw them start to turn around to leave and just decided to give them our fast passes. They looked so suprised and happy. :goodvibes

TBH, that's usually what happens almost every time I've gotten fast passes. :rolleyes1

DH and I were waiting in a VERY long line for Splash Mountain when a couple in the FP lane stopped by us and said they had two extra FPs. They gave them to us and we were in the front of the line within 5 minutes! It was so so nice of them but we felt bad for the people we were near who saw all of that happen..

In Aug of last year, was traveling back to POR from MK with my DS (6 mos) and DD (6). My mom had bailed on me and stayed back at the hotel..The 3 of us were exhausted. The bus was packed and a very sweet guy not only gave me his seat, but he stood the entire ride back and held my stroller for me. If his DW had not been there I would have kissed him smack on the lips! lol. I could not thank him enough!!!

We had FPs for Splash Mountain... decided it would be the last ride we did before heading back to the resort so we could change for MNSSHP. We headed back to Splash Mountain close to the time that our FPs were for, but there was absolutely NO line... so we went ahead and waited. Rode SM, then as we were walking away from the ride my DH noticed a family of 4 and gave them the FPs that were due to use right then. The look on the other Dad's face was priceless... like he couldn't believe his luck!

Another time during the same trip, we were waiting to head to one of the parks for the evening (don't remember which one)... we had returned to the resort to take a break. Standing in the line, waiting for the bus, we started talking to the lady who was in front of us. I'd say she was in her 60s, definitely a "grandmother" type... she chatted up my two DDs (who were 6 and 4 at the time). When it came time to board the bus, of course it was crowded. The 4 of us (me, DH and 2 DDs) had to stand. But as the bus started leaving, the "grandma" pulled DD4 into her lap! I thought it was so sweet.:lovestruc

We were waiting in line at AK near Camp Minnie Mickey to see Lilo and Stitch last October. Florida was having a horrible heat wave the week we were there and we were sweaty and tired. My DH got into a conversation with the guy in front of us who was waiting with his daughter who was the same age as my youngest DD. We got all the way up to the 2nd spot when the CM told everyone that they were taking one more family and then Lilo and Stitch would be taking a break. Now we had seen Stitch the year before so we really wanted to see Lilo but I didn't think we could last another 20 min in that heat waiting. To my surprise, the guy we had been talking to told the CM after their turn and the characters were getting ready to go, that we were with him! So we saw Lilo without waiting any longer and I could not thank that man enough. I think I told him thank you at least 4 different times. What a nice guy! I hope to pay it forward to some other family on my next WDW trip in November.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter