Rambling questions!!

Steph2527

DIS Veteran
I think we've finally decided to have a DFTW! Im SO excited! We are thinking May 2014, wishes wedding. Other than that, no real definite ideas! It's a little overwhelming starting to plan! Has anyone had their reception at the napa or sonoma room at at the CG? Is there anywhere i can find more detailed pics of the rooms? Can we customize the menu, or is it a set menu? Is is possible to have just a one tier wedding cake, and then have cupcakes instead ? What is the norm for going to speak/see the DFTW people to see our site options, how far is advance should we do this (takes some planning, we are from NY). Any idea on how much a dessert party costs (EP) for say 30-40 people. How about transportation for our guests via the private charter bus, and how many resorts will they pick up at, and at what cost?! What is the discount % for rooms for our guests (obviously depending on which resort they stay at). So confused! Sorry for the rambling!

if you go onto Carrie's website, disney travel babble, you can find lots of pictures of all the reception rooms there.
the menu is completely customisable! you can work with your planner to make up a menu! you will be able to have the one tier cake as well. :D

you can phone and arrange a site visit if you're date is within 16 months. you can give them a phone or email to set something up!

dessert party menus vary from around $25-$40 per person, plus a venue rental fee/decor and drinks on top of that.

you can charter a bus for a minimum of 5 hours, at around $100 an hour, give or take. this can do as many stops as you want, but you might want to keep in mind the guests that get on at the first stop being on the bus for ages!

discounts are around 8% for value, 10-15% for moderate, 20% for deluxe and 30% for deluxe resorts that have conference centres.

all of this info can be found in Carrie's book, the Passporter's guide to disney weddings. it's the bible!

if you go onto Carrie's website, disney travel babble, you can find lots of pictures of all the reception rooms there.
the menu is completely customisable! you can work with your planner to make up a menu! you will be able to have the one tier cake as well. :D

you can phone and arrange a site visit if you're date is within 16 months. you can give them a phone or email to set something up!

dessert party menus vary from around $25-$40 per person, plus a venue rental fee/decor and drinks on top of that.

you can charter a bus for a minimum of 5 hours, at around $100 an hour, give or take. this can do as many stops as you want, but you might want to keep in mind the guests that get on at the first stop being on the bus for ages!

discounts are around 8% for value, 10-15% for moderate, 20% for deluxe and 30% for deluxe resorts that have conference centres.

all of this info can be found in Carrie's book, the Passporter's guide to disney weddings. it's the bible!

Thanks so much! Great info!

What about the venue attracts you? Is it the decor or the location/view/food? Because the only thing that's changing is the decor, and I'm pretty sure from those renderings that it's not going to be so dramatically different that when the tarps come down 9 months before your event you're going to freak out when you see the new look. :rotfl:

I'd be more worried about the fact that the menus can't be customized. That's usually the thing that deters people from using CA Grill. :thumbsup2

Steph2527 said:
I think we've finally decided to have a DFTW! Im SO excited! [/QUOTE=]

Congratulations!! Planning a wishes wedding myself and its SO exciting and so much fun! A lot of your questions have been answered but I'm sure you'll have many more! If you're on Facebook I would suggest joining the DISBrides group! It's a great place for pictures and great resources from other brides!

Were thinking about calling to try and make an appoitment to meet with DFTW for possible site visits to narrow down which venues we would like to use. How many can we see when we arrange this visit. We are interested in looking for a ceremony, reception, and possible dessert part location (s) (we have in mind what we'd like, but would like to see them in person). Will they be able to give us some details and do they have examples of anything if we plan this meeting? We are from NY, the plan is to go from a thursday evening to sunday, and meet with DFTW on that friday. Is there anywhere i can see what we are able to order as far as menu wise if we chose the CG napa room as a reception location?

Were thinking about calling to try and make an appoitment to meet with DFTW for possible site visits to narrow down which venues we would like to use. How many can we see when we arrange this visit.

They usually limit it to 3, but the number might go up or down depending on travel time between locations. You can go see almost all the locations on your own, the exceptions being private rooms inside the theme parks, like Living Seas Salon and American Adventure Parlor in Epcot. I have tons of pictures of all the venues on my website, so that might help you narrow things down.

Will they be able to give us some details and do they have examples of anything if we plan this meeting?

Until you are 6 months out from your weddings (and have signed a contract) they can't give you much in the way of specific pricing, but they do have a slightly scary generic estimated proposal they can give you that shows what it would cost for certain numbers of guests if you added everything but the kitchen sink.

We are from NY, the plan is to go from a thursday evening to sunday, and meet with DFTW on that friday. Is there anywhere i can see what we are able to order as far as menu wise if we chose the CG napa room as a reception location?

California Grill's event menus will all be changing when their new restaurant menus do this summer. Here's a link to an older set of menus, just for reference: http://www.********************/ftw/wdw/menus/calgrill.html

You'll need to replace the ******************** with m a g i c a l k i n g d o m s .com—for some reason the DIS doesn't like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter