• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ramada inn lakefront (idrive) or seralago kissimmee

macca77

Mouseketeer
Hi i was originally planning to stay at seralago, but the wife has been looking at the reviews and their is some really bad recent ones, so we are now thinking of changing our hotel.
Has anyone stayed at either of these?

Also at the ramamda inn lakefront, can you here the fair from magical midway on idrive as we have a 2 year old we are worried there may be some noise that could wake her up.
Thanks.

Are you booking as a package? or DIY? Are they your only 2 choices?

Diy wayne, im trying not to find somewhere with walking distances to some restaurants, Thats pref got a nice pool for our 2 year old, that is inside a hotel instead of a motel.

Also has to be with monarch as i have already booked seralago, now the wife is worried about all the bad reviews that familys dont feel safe.
Dont really want to spend over £400 if i can help it.

Problem is finding somewhere with a good pool in that price range.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...iews-Orlando_Vista_Hotel-Orlando_Florida.html @ £410 has more restaurants than most around it, even possible to walk to DTD from there (15 mins) but pool doesn't look great.

We have stayed here 3 times(maybe again next year) http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...-Best_Western_Lakeside-Kissimmee_Florida.html £396 a few places to eat around but more at LBV area.

I am not a fan of Idrive, personally rather be LBV or on 192 but we are all different.
Take a lot of reviews with a pinch of salt. Its not easy but you have to read into them and work out what they mean, often you will get a bad review for nothing, usually people pay too much for rooms then expect 5* when really they have just overpaid and would have been happy if they had paid half the price.
If I had to choose between the 2 you listed I would stick with Seralago, purely for location.

Cheers wayne, we looked at the vista one and like you said wasnt keen on the pool. Best western looks nice.
Im really not that fussed tbh but its more for the wife and daughter as i dont want them worrying or not liking the hotel once we get their.

We have only stayed in idrive and disney before, that why we wanted to try kissimmee for somewhere diffrent. I think we will have to have another talk tonight to decide whats best and for us to do.

I also dont read into the reviews that much and told the wife not to do it, for this reason alone, but lately it seems to be getting really bad reports she worried me with them all :confused3

Thanks for the help.

I stayed at ramada inn last year. Wasn't planning on going to orlando but got a great deal for £400 for 2 weeks including flight.

I found the hotel fine. The rooms were average, but they were cleaned every day and did the job.

The hotel also has a good view over a lake with gators and snapping turtles in it.

The pool was fine also, but only used it once or twice. We normally just walked to wet n wild for pool facilities.

The one negative is that the doors are open to the outside. We didn't have any problems but my girlfriend was worried as it didn't seem overly safe.

I couldn't hear any noise from the fairground next door.

It is also a great location with restaurants everywhere.

I'm contemplating booking the Ramada Inn for 15 nights from 30 Sept as Alpharooms.com are offering rooms on a B&B basis for £25 a night, including Quidco. Although it doesn't rank highly on Tripadvisor the recent reviews are all largely positive. It is very handy for Universal, where I shall be spending a large proportion of my time and looks to have great views from all of the rooms.

I stayed at ramada inn last year. Wasn't planning on going to orlando but got a great deal for £400 for 2 weeks including flight.

I found the hotel fine. The rooms were average, but they were cleaned every day and did the job.

The hotel also has a good view over a lake with gators and snapping turtles in it.

The pool was fine also, but only used it once or twice. We normally just walked to wet n wild for pool facilities.

The one negative is that the doors are open to the outside. We didn't have any problems but my girlfriend was worried as it didn't seem overly safe.

I couldn't hear any noise from the fairground next door.

It is also a great location with restaurants everywhere.

I thought that the rooms were all inside, as the hotel looks to have a tower building? Is it extra to stay in them rooms and you were allocated room lower. On the pictures for the hotel, it looks like its doors open from the inside?

The doors open up to a corridor that are open to the outside. ie there are not rooms on both sides of the corridor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter