Ralph Brennan Gingerbread reviews???

We did it a few years ago and it was great fun - I've always wanted to go back, but am waiting for maybe next year when Zoe is 4! Be warned that it involves a lot of sugar!!!!!

I would highly recommend this to anyone, especially if you have kids or want a group bonding activity.

As to what it is, The Jazz Kitchen hosts a series of "Gingerbread House making parties". When we did it, it was $45 - not sure of current price - and we went in a group of 3 adults and 1 child (I was pregnant with #1 at the time). Every adult ticket includes the supplies for one standard size gingerbread house - pieces, covered board, frosting, and candies, and a souvenier Tshirt for the kids. I believe a drink was also included (food was available for purchase, too.

We arrived and lined up outside the restaurant. Then, they took us up to the top level of the restaurant and had tables set up. We gathered around as they gave instructions and then we were off on our own creative course. They had Santa there for the kids with Polaroid photos, and when you were done, they wrapped the whole thing in Saran Wrap, so you could take it home. I thought I had a photo of the one I did in my archive, but I can find it! If I do, I'll post it up.

We did it the very first year and had a great time! It was my son and I. We started making our house and realized we would not be able to take it home with us because of flying, so I asked for foil and plastic wrap so we could pack it up and they gave us a whole brand new kit to take with us on the plane! I was totally surprised!!!! We went a head and finished the one we started and left it behind for any locals who wanted to take it home with them. We haven't had a chance to go back and do it again, but we would.

Thanks for the info - it isn't cheap, so I wanted to know if it was worth it - I'll try to get reservations this year.

Anyone else have any info on this or pictures? I'm going to look into it for our trip next month. Will it already be sold out?

I don't think it sells out that quickly, but I would contact the Jazz Kitchen directly for more info. Disney Dining can give you their number. 714-781-DINE.

I called the jazz kitchen this afternoon and here is what I was told. They will start taking reservations on November 10th. The dates for the gingerbread assembly are December 13-14-16-17-18-20-21st. No November dates. :( He could not find the regular price, but for APs it is $45 for two people, the kit, and drinks. Additional people can be added for $10. Hope this helps.

Steven

Wow - same price as 4 years ago! That's a first in Disney history! :thumbsup2

It is so worth it, especially if you can take it home with you and enjoy it throughout the holiday season. We had such a girls-bonding over it!

Thank you all for all the information! We make a gingerbread house each year and how fun will it be to make one at Disneyland.

I just love these boards! Thanks for all the information you all share-:thumbsup2

Yay!!! :goodvibes Because of this thread, we now have reservations to make a Gingerbread House at Ralph Brennan's on Dec 14! We do not have AP's and were given the price pp stated above. $45 to include first 2 people and $10 for each additional. We are very excited! :cool1:

Would love to see any pictures if someone has done it in previous years!

We did the Gingerbread House session last year. My 3 year old grandson had a terrific time! This is my first attempt at photo posting. (Crossing my fingers!);)
DSC_0217-1.jpg

That really looks like so much fun!!! But we would have no way of getting it home :( Hmm...maybe I will eat it hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter