Raise/Target Redcard megathread gone?

Also adding. ..I had made probably 10 purchases in a day before a while back. So I think target changed something in their system along the way.

However, I only know what I read here regarding Target GC's and DCL GC consolidation App. lol.

It's cool, for those that want to play that game.

I'm giving you info. I don't have a redcard at this point so I haven't done any of this. But it seemed like you didn't know that about the combining.

I also don't feel like it's a game. And I'm not sure why you're mentioning flaming?

FWIW the GC site isn't an app; they got rid of the helpful "keep track of your GCs app" just before creating the website and allowing the combining of GCs.

To me it doesn't seem like work; I just keep forgetting to apply for the red debit card. Many people shop at Target all the time anyway. :)

Still a lot of work for a $5 -10K venture.
I have purchased Disney Gift Cards at Target, using my Red Card. Usually when I'm in there buying stuff anyway. That's about as much work as I do for "discounts". All the other "buy here, go there, change payment type, purchase, wait to be OK'd, is it in the mail?) is more work than I'm into doing, also.

My eyes are terrible and putting in GC one at a time is a pain (yes, I know NOW you can combine them...but I forget or just want to get them into my DVA). But..it's kind of fun in a twisted way plus I keep waiting for Target to put the kibosh on the discount since they've been slowly eroding things (the 5% pharmacy rewards-remember that? Dollars to Education? RIP...etc). For me, any little bit helps since DCL and ABD doesn't appear to be discounting their services.

I have purchased Disney Gift Cards at Target, using my Red Card. Usually when I'm in there buying stuff anyway. That's about as much work as I do for "discounts". All the other "buy here, go there, change payment type, purchase, wait to be OK'd, is it in the mail?) is more work than I'm into doing, also.

For me, the work is a matter of me going on a Disney Vacation or not. Unfortunately, I can not straight out afford $8,500 (cruise, taxes, gratuities and excursions) so saving $3,500 is necessary. Otherwise, we'd be cruising with someone else and I'd be regretting it.

I want to take another Disney Vacation between August(our Alaskan Cruise) and our next big vacation in December of 2017 and we'll be doing it spending about $1,200 out of pocket saving about 75% of the cost of the vacation. The only way I can do it is by doing all the work; and really, once I got a hang of it, it's not any work at all. It's second nature to me now.

For me, the work is a matter of me going on a Disney Vacation or not. Unfortunately, I can not straight out afford $8,500 (cruise, taxes, gratuities and excursions) so saving $3,500 is necessary. Otherwise, we'd be cruising with someone else and I'd be regretting it.

I want to take another Disney Vacation between August(our Alaskan Cruise) and our next big vacation in December of 2017 and we'll be doing it spending about $1,200 out of pocket saving about 75% of the cost of the vacation. The only way I can do it is by doing all the work; and really, once I got a hang of it, it's not any work at all. It's second nature to me now.

Totally agree with your last sentence. Using the techniques in that old thread, I saved over $2,000 with just a couple of hours of work. I bought 96 Disney cards over the process on probably 25 or 30 Target cards. I'm an IT guy so using a computer comes naturally to me..

If I spent 4 hours all told, I would be surprised, and 4 hours for $2000 in savings or cost avoidance is a pretty good pay rate :)

I must be missing something but you are saving 40% by stacking these gift cards? I was under the impression it was about 12%? 7% raise and 5% target. I know there was a fancy eBay way but still thought that was only at max 20%? So what is the secret that I missed?

I have no problem with the work but I do remember the easier days of just a straight 20% off from Target before they cut out a lot ways to do that a few years ago. Albeit the 2 hours on the phone reading off 70 gift cards was arduous as pp mentioned. lol
Right now we just do Kroger fuel points for the 14% and I must admit I was too lazy to do the target for the additional 5.

I must be missing something but you are saving 40% by stacking these gift cards? I was under the impression it was about 12%? 7% raise and 5% target. I know there was a fancy eBay way but still thought that was only at max 20%? So what is the secret that I missed?

I have no problem with the work but I do remember the easier days of just a straight 20% off from Target before they cut out a lot ways to do that a few years ago. Albeit the 2 hours on the phone reading off 70 gift cards was arduous as pp mentioned. lol
Right now we just do Kroger fuel points for the 14% and I must admit I was too lazy to do the target for the additional 5.

It's virtually a never ending churning process. The eBay aspect plays a large part in the process. The Disney Gift Card Deals thread in the Budget Board explains it all starting at around page 540.

You CAN save 100% if you are truly dedicated to the process. I haven't got there - yet.

I collected the money and paid for my family's upcoming cruise, and saved us over $3000 by doing the Raise/Giftcardzen Target gift card thing. So we have spending money for the 12 of us :D

Someone needs to make a cheat sheet on Google docs or something. That way, every time someone comes along wondering how it's all done we can just say, "hey, look over here ->"

I have been reading the GC thread on the Budget Board but I can't read that many pages in a couple of days. If my PIF date is coming up in a few days, would I have time to purchase GC at a discount?

I have been reading the GC thread on the Budget Board but I can't read that many pages in a couple of days. If my PIF date is coming up in a few days, would I have time to purchase GC at a discount?

No more than the Target 5% from buying in store. The churning process takes time - months - to save a substantial amount.

What's really annoying is that the thread is missing... with no indication of what happened. That thread was full of great community based information and a legit and pretty simple way to save a LOT of money on Disney vacations. I know that I spent a bit of time documenting and refining my process in an effort to educate and help every visitor of this site.

Someone needs to make a cheat sheet on Google docs or something. That way, every time someone comes along wondering how it's all done we can just say, "hey, look over here ->"

That would be nice. I will say I have thought that before years ago on certain things but realized there were many who were not annoyed on here and loved helping. Many were elated to share their knowledge on what they have learned even if it was repeated, often times you would go to type before 3 other people beat you to it.

I have been on here well over 10 years and must say though times have changed. People get annoyed easier and bicker more on here. If you weren't there for the beginning or did not want to wade through 500 pages you are out of the "club". Ridiculed or scoffed at. Just like in life nowadays the times have changed. So in short yes a google doc would be perfect!

Moderators/administrators can delete whole threads without explanation. Generally it's done for the "greater good", I believe.

Great thanks. Your rational doesn't make it any less frustrating. It will instead make me think twice about contributing to this community at any future point.

Anyone thinking of making a Google Doc as a cheat sheet should be mindful of that as well. Probably would fall under the "rules" about linking to other social media sites.

Moderators/administrators can delete whole threads without explanation. Generally it's done for the "greater good", I believe.

There is a thread on the budget board as well. With the method posted on churning, I believe , it lead to Target making changes to their policy on gift cards. It has affected those of us that buy a few Disney cards online using our Red Card. There is now a limit and the $100 cards sell out quickly. People also getting banned from the Target site has a negative impact. The few may have ruined it for the many and may lead to Target not allowing the discount in the future....imo.

Do anyone know if you/I could go to Target in person and purchase a DCG for a large sum, say for instance $3000 and get the 5% discount by using your Target RedCard?

Do anyone know if you/I could go to Target in person and purchase a DCG for a large sum, say for instance $3000 and get the 5% discount by using your Target RedCard?
You can't purchase an empty card (like other gift cards) and have a large amount put on it. Target only sells the smaller, specific amount cards. But, yes, if you buy Disney gift cards at Target with your Red Card, you get 5% off on them (BTDT).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter