raise.com and disney cards- help

Delrea

Mouseketeer
Last year I bought several thousands dollars worth of target gift cards from raise.com and bought disney gift cards with them. I jiust bought $600.00 worth and I'm trying to buy Disney gift cards again on line. and I'm being told I can't!upload_2016-8-15_9-15-15.png

I see the $100's are sold out. We're you trying to buy those and it didn't go thru because of that maybe? Try the $50? Are you trying to use more than 4 gift cards I think is the limit.
As far as I know this still works. I did it in June but know of others still doing it.

I see the $100's are sold out. We're you trying to buy those and it didn't go thru because of that maybe? Try the $50? Are you trying to use more than 4 gift cards I think is the limit.
As far as I know this still works. I did it in June but know of others still doing it.
Nope I was trying to buy 4 $50...

Are you sure there is a balance on that raise card you bought? Are you putting in your redcard pin#? I was able to buy a $50 card last week on Target. Their new website has been awfully glitchy lately for everything.

Are you sure there is a balance on that raise card you bought? Are you putting in your redcard pin#? I was able to buy a $50 card last week on Target. Their new website has been awfully glitchy lately for everything.

This is absolutely true - their website is always terribly glitchy. And definitely confirm your balances - especially if you leave cards alone, secondhand merchants have problems with folks selling their cards by their ID #'s, then retaining those #'s and using the cards themselves. It's a great scam, especially when folks use some of their card and not the whole balance, they don't necessarily notice the last $x is missing. FWIW, I use the whole balance within 24 hours, either buying Disney cards or buying a fresh Target GC.

See for me, it's showing the $100 cards in stock. Glitch city over there at Target, always has been always will be. Maybe log on from another account?

I hope this isn't a new policy. I ordered a Disney gift card online last week and planned on ordering another $400 worth today. I had no issues last week but now I'm worried.

I just did this 2 weeks ago. I looked just now on Target and noticed the new wording "You cannot use a Target GiftCard to purchase this card."

I have buying Target gift cards from Raise this week and buying Disney cards from Target. I had a $50 gift card available so I just now went to the Target website and was able to get the 5% off a $50 card with my Redcard and also use my Target gift card to pay for it. I should have a $100 available later today so I will purchase a $100 Disney card and report back if I have any issues with it. But at least as of this morning, the $50 cards can be purchased with the gift card.

Hmmm. I did this recently as well, but now in the details of both the $50 card and the $100 card, I see "You cannot use a Target GiftCard to purchase this card." I'll be interested to see if people are successful in doing so, or if more people are having trouble.

I also wonder if you can use the target gift cards to purchase Disney Gift Cards in the brick and mortar Target stores, or not.

Last year I bought several thousands dollars worth of target gift cards from raise.com and bought disney gift cards with them. I jiust bought $600.00 worth and I'm trying to buy Disney gift cards again on line. and I'm being told I can't!View attachment 187903

::sigh::
This is why we can't have nice things.
Arguing with frontline CSR's; calling corporate; demanding accommodation because "I've done this in the past..." These are the things that get deals shut down. Every. Time.
It's always best to take a breath, give it a day or two, do a little recon via google and other places where these types of deal discussions are conducted...

Wow! I purchased $750 worth of Disney gift cards last week and the tracking shows them being delivered tomorrow....glad I did it already but I hope it's just a glitch!

I used to buy Southwest gift cards with Target gift cards, bought on Raise. Even Starbucks cards.

But now the only cards I can buy - Disney gift cards. When I tried to buy Southwest gift cards couple weeks ago, the web-site would let me use Target gift cards to pay for the order, I got a confirmation through an e-mail, but then I got e-mail about my order being cancelled. I tried to do it again - same result.

I called Target, and they told me the policy had changed, you could no longer do it. So I had to use Target debit card, and that still gave me 5% discount. It was not that great as before, but at least something, as you can't really get better than 5% discount on Southwest gift cards anywhere else.

But with Disney gift cards I still was able to use Target gift cards to pay for them.

I suspect Target probably would cut it off some time too. But that is life. If they feel like they are not making money - they would cut it off. They are a business after-all, they'd have to make their profit to stay in business.

Last edited:
::sigh::
This is why we can't have nice things.
Arguing with frontline CSR's; calling corporate; demanding accommodation because "I've done this in the past..." These are the things that get deals shut down. Every. Time.
It's always best to take a breath, give it a day or two, do a little recon via google and other places where these types of deal discussions are conducted...
Well... not quite sure how I could handle this WITHOUT going to customer service. I DID do it before so when I make another large purchase to do it again and can't just because. . . I have to speak with them. Had it been noted that those cards couldn't be purchased I wouldn't have bought the gc through raise. My situation has been handled because I went to Customer service. I didn't argue, and I didn't call corporate . . . I stated the facts. Recon on Google would not have helped me with the $600 in Target gift cards I was holding...

Moot point. The deal is dead. (It's all over the interwebs.)

Have you run into an official statement from corporate by chance...? I'm going to start looking into it too.

Edit: I see some claims that they got the memo at Target 8/4 and an update went into effect that put the policy in place. They claim the Disney cards are not seen as entertainment cards anymore but gift cards so it won't work to use gift cards for them anymore. But then also say the red card 5% is still working, so I am not sure why reclassifying the cards wouldn't have closed off that discount too. Very odd!

Last edited:
Yeah, I ordered a $50 card yesterday no problem. Today I tried to order 4x$50 and the order was cancelled. According to Target customer service the new policy just went into effect today that you can no longer use target gift cards to purchase Disney cards. Now I do have $200 in Target gift cards to sell...

I just tried buying a $50 Disney gc with Target gc codes purchased on Raise, and it worked... But I always "apply" the Red Card first to capture the 5%, and then add Target gc codes to complete the purchase. We'll see if they send an e-mail with the cancellation... So far it shows that it went through.

I've been purchasing a lot of Disney cards lately in an effort to PIF my upcoming cruise. The only discount I am wanting to deal with is using the 5% Target debit red card discount. I did $2000 in the store 2 weeks ago and then a couple days later I ordered another $1000 in cards from the website. I then tried to order another $1000 and it didn't let me. And then today I went into the store and tried to buy $2000 more in cards and it was declined. I just politely accepted it, bought my other stuff and left - not wanting to make an issue of it. My next step is to go to another nearby store and maybe buy $500 worth and see what happens . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter