Rainy mnsshp

Yep- last night was perfect. Only thing we saw cancelled was the last Villains mingle. We were prepared either way, though. Go to the Columbia outlet and get a great deal on a real rain coat. Then have a great time no matter what! :)

We kept looking at the radar and not believing it could still be dry! It looked like we were right under a monsoon!! It paid to be brave. We never saw a line longer than 15 min. Even character lines seemed short.

Fair warning to sorcerers: get to the fire house by 6:30 to line up for your card. A CM told me they have run out at these events. At 7 they sent out several CMs to get through the line faster. Paper tickets are processed MUCH faster than plastic cards (resort guest) who have to go in the fire house. They will need to punch a hole in your ticket and see your wristband to give you the card.

The evening of September 14th, 2007 saw a tremendous amount of rain. It was a MNSSHP night and our family was in attendance. On the DIS there were many references to the large rainfall, and accompanying thunder and lightning of that evening. Outdoor (and some indoor) rides closed. Parades were canceled or delayed. Fireworks were rendered invisible by the low clouds. It was so bad that Disney gave all guests a compensation voucher which was basically a 1-day park ticket that had a 1-year expiration period.

Our family dawned ponchos and marched ahead. For us it added to the experience and is something we reflect on as an adventure and has become is a rather fond memory today. Much of whether poor weather will be a negative experience or not depends on the attitude of the person.

ducky_love said:
Yep- last night was perfect. Only thing we saw cancelled was the last Villains mingle. We were prepared either way, though. Go to the Columbia outlet and get a great deal on a real rain coat. Then have a great time no matter what! :

Fair warning to sorcerers: get to the fire house by 6:30 to line up for your card. A CM told me they have run out at these events. At 7 they sent out several CMs to get through the line faster. Paper tickets are processed MUCH faster than plastic cards (resort guest) who have to go in the fire house. They will need to punch a hole in your ticket and see your wristband to give you the card.

Hey, just wants to point out this is not true. We got our cards at 11:30 last night with zero wait. In fact, the firehouse was closed and CMs were just hanging around outside with cards and a hole punch.

Hey, just wants to point out this is not true. We got our cards at 11:30 last night with zero wait. In fact, the firehouse was closed and CMs were just hanging around outside with cards and a hole punch.

Curiouser and curiouser. What will I do Friday night I wonder...?

newbie here (to disney and mnsshp), are all the rides still open during rain? i know not all of the park's rides are open for mnsshp, but i was wondering what rides actually close when it rains? or when there is thunder and lighting? thanks!

We are leaving tomorrow for our first Disney experience - we have tickets for the MNSSHP friday as well - I am hoping for no rain :)

Well I can tell you we went to a Christmas party last December that was so wet, they cancelled the outdoor stage shows, they cancelled Character greetings, the parade was scaled back to floats only, no one on foot or horses, and during the parade the rain got so hard the characters that were left, got off at Casey's and did not even finish the parade, the fireworks could not be seen due to fog produced by the heat from them and the rain, and they did not cancel.

I don't buy any tickets in advance anymore.

I think you should get a refund if it gets to be that bad.

Im kind of lost on one thing. What are these cards that are given out at the firehouse ?

Unfortunately, they usually cancel the Headless Horseman if it rains. It isn't safe for the horse to run on the pavement if it's wet.

Otherwise, the party usually goes on as ususal. Have a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter