Rainy mnsshp

Resting up for the party tonight right now at the Poly. Forecast looks like the storms subside around 8. We may be okay for the party.

I'm curious about this too as we have tickets for the party on the 21s (this Friday!!!) and the forecast is for rain. :(

How rainy/stormy would it have to get for them to completely cancel the party?

I'm curious about this too as we have tickets for the party on the 21s (this Friday!!!) and the forecast is for rain. :(

Party cancellations virtually never happen. Rain is always forecast this time of year. Pay no mind until Thursday, then you can start to prepare.

JohnNYC said:
Resting up for the party tonight right now at the Poly. Forecast looks like the storms subside around 8. We may be okay for the party.

Let's hope so. I have two little boys (and myself) so excited for parade and shows. Don't want them to get canceled!

It rained pretty hard at a MNSSHP we went to last fall. They weren't about to cancel the party. The parade was delayed by about 30 minutes due to some lightning. We just rode some more rides during the delay. Bring along some ponchos and you can still have lots of fun.

Will they move some characters inside for meets? I'm so hoping to get a pic with the dwarves

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We had tickets for the party a few years ago as Hurricane Wilma was moving in - it was raining cats and dogs and windy but they did not cancel the party so we went. All the parks were closed for part of the next day and we had to stay in our rooms.

You will be wet, but it will still be better than any day not at Disney. :)

We are here now too! We are relaxing waiting till the last minute to get ready for the party. I don't mind rain...but let's just hope the T-storms stay away. My daughter is the only one of us dressing up. I don't want her to have a soggy costume! :)

We are here now at BLT...napping before the party. Looks fine outside. A little ominous cloud-wise but I think we'll be okay. We did the party in 2005 on our honeymoon and it POURED, but they never called anything off.

Look for us tonight! Two 30-something adults dressed as NERDS (I mean actual nerds...geeks...not the candy!).

We were there last October and it rained through nearly the entire event, but it was still fantastic! The crowds were so low we walked right onto rides and up to character meet-and-greets. The villains show at Cinderella's castle was canceled because it was too slick. The villains instead met with visitors so we were able to have our photo taken with Dr. Facilier! The parades went on as scheduled. We all still had an amazing time :)

We have tickets for the party in October. I just wanted to know do they still have the fireworks if it is raining ?

I'm ticked DH made us change tickets from tonight to Fri... I'll bet it pours buckets Friday night...

I'm ticked DH made us change tickets from tonight to Fri... I'll bet it pours buckets Friday night...

Your experience today is a perfect example of why I do a major eye roll every time someone worries about rain forecasts more than two days out. They got it wrong 8 hours ago, how can people put any faith in forecasts 2 days or 7 days or even 14 days out?

Sorry you changed your plans. Tell DH I'll be mad at him too if it rains Friday night. ;)

Well I can tell you we went to a Christmas party last December that was so wet, they cancelled the outdoor stage shows, they cancelled Character greetings, the parade was scaled back to floats only, no one on foot or horses, and during the parade the rain got so hard the characters that were left, got off at Casey's and did not even finish the parade, the fireworks could not be seen due to fog produced by the heat from them and the rain, and they did not cancel.

I don't buy any tickets in advance anymore.

He was genuinely concerned for safety on a storm but was also being whiney about getting wet. I pointed out that it's just S likely to rain Friday and he can't postpone. He will just have to suck it up. So will we see you F
riday night?

That stinks thatnyou changed your days. it was pretty much a perfect park evening tonight. Cool and turns outndry since about 3:30. Florida weather - what can you do?

GatorMama said:
He was genuinely concerned for safety on a storm but was also being whiney about getting wet. I pointed out that it's just S likely to rain Friday and he can't postpone. He will just have to suck it up. So will we see you F
riday night?

If it's pouring rain I'll find him. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter