Rainy Forecast

etmom

Earning My Ears
Hi all. After months of planning I am soooooo excited to go to DW two days away!!! :cheer2:

The forecast however is not encouraging. Thunderstorms every day. Is this normal for this time of year? Do rainstorms come and go quickly? We plan on making the best of it but I am so hoping for some sunshine

Now that the rainy season is upon us, it usually rains at around 3:00 p.m. Sometimes, it can be strong, but for the most part, they are over quickly. Plus, most of the day visitors leave when it starts raining, so if you can weather it (no pun intended :umbrella: ), the crowds will go down a bit.

Hope that helps!

There is another similar post on the Theme Park Strategies thread...I'll repeat my reply from there...we arrive at WDW on June 1 for 6 days...same forecast of scattered/isolated t-storms ranging from 30% to 60%. My plan is to use the dollar store ponchos...have 3 for each of us if one rips. Wear shoes we don't care about getting wet. Pack my backpack things in ziploc as I always do to get through security quickly, just add a large one for the camera in case. Make the best of this much needed trip by splashing in puddles, singing in the rain and having a great vacation...rain or not.

Hey momsgoofy we are going the exact same dates. Have a great trip

thanks for the advice, especially the ziplock bags. :goodvibes

We are at DW every summer. We always have in our bag ponchos...also, if you drive to the parks, leave a dry pair of sneakers in the car..a towel to dry off...or else you will FREEZE when you turn the car's AC on! Lastlu, unless the weather forecast is for a dangerous storm, don't let it get to you....it's the summer, you are in a tropical climate...the showers usually come and go quickly....if in the park when it happens hit an indoor attraction, or grab a snack...enjoy!

I am leaving late next week and was wondering the same thing, I will have to check the forecast in Orlando.

Nicole princess:

Tinkerbell_Girl said:
I am leaving late next week and was wondering the same thing, I will have to check the forecast in Orlando.

Nicole princess:

Go to weather.com, type in Orlando and then the "10 day forecast". It's pretty handy...

momsgoofy said:
Go to weather.com, type in Orlando and then the "10 day forecast". It's pretty handy...

Thanks

Well it looks like the weather will be partly cloudy a few days before I get there so hopefully that will continue.

Nicole princess:

Our last trip was the first week of June and we had rain everyday but honestly it was no big deal - my DH didn't even remember it when I brought it up the other day! We had ponchos that we carried (the little disposable $1 ones are great and don't take up much room in the pack). Extra shoes or sandals that dry fast can keep your feet more comfy. The rain comes down hard but not for long and it is so warm that it really didn't bother me at all. We had to wait for some of the storms to pass at times (water parks, fantasmic, etc.) but once they passed things went on as planned. The only thing I had to worry about was keeping my DD5 covered since she used to have a thing about her clothes getting wet - but that's a whole other story! :teeth: Have a wonderful time and don't let a little rain get you down! :flower:

Are there places in the parks that you can find shelter in case it rains really hard? Are some parks better than others in terms of rain?

:sunny:

tinkssister said:
Are there places in the parks that you can find shelter in case it rains really hard? Are some parks better than others in terms of rain?

:sunny:

We just got back from WDW and it was downpouring along with thunder and lightning on Tuesday morning which was the day we were planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon. :sad2: It finally eased up but it was still raining lightly so we decided to buy ponchos and go to MGM since so many of the attractions are indoors. :umbrella:

www.wftv.com is a great local station for the weather. We had had several days of rain but we needed it. It is supposed to start clearing over the weekend.

safetymom said:
www.wftv.com is a great local station for the weather. We had had several days of rain but we needed it. It is supposed to start clearing over the weekend.
Safetymom I love looking at your pictures!! Thank you for posting all of them- even the scanners!! now I know what to expect. :flower:

Phooey on the rain! We still had a fabulous time at WDW even though it rained everyday we were there except yesterday....and by the look of the sky when we boarded our plane at 7pm...it may have still. We really only had one day (Friday) that we needed the ponchos, wore them the whole day at MGM...didn't stop us or many others...still got to see the new stunt show...while it rained. (Two thumbs up!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter