• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Room?

magicalfoursome

DIS Veteran
What is the rainforest room? Is there a charge? Is it for adults only? Sorry if this is a silly question but I really don't know!

yes there is a charge. daily, or length of cruise. it is adult only

it is a quiet area within the Spa. couple of heated tile loungers, a dry sauna, a steamroom, showers. very low lighting, extrs soft background music. nice place top relax and get some reading in.

really only worth paying for a length of cruise pass if you intend to actually use it every day.

Back when they had the romance package it was part of it. we used it maybe 3 times on our 7 day cruise. we enjoyed it greatly but unless it was included in a package( sometimes after a spa treatment they let you use it too) I wouldn't pay the prices listed.

I've only been in the Rainbow Rooms on the Wonder and Magic, but they have three different types of steam room, with varying intensity, two therapeutic showers (they shower you with fog or with scented mist, not for normal showering) and 4-5 heated tiled loungers arranged around a fountain. It is shared by both men and women, bathing suits are required and bathrobes and bath shoes are provided by the spa. There is self-serve cold lemon water and cucumber water as well as hot tea available. It's very peaceful. You have full access to the spa's regular lockers and showers too, and to the dry sauna that is not in the rainforest room but in the locker room.

Usually when we get back from a busy day in port, the family starts showering and getting ready for dinner and I head off to the rainforest room. Sometimes I just unwind with a book on the heated lounger for a little while and then take a shower in the locker room. It means one less person trying to shower in the stateroom, plus I like the showers in the spa better. :)

The daily cost was $15 a night in 2008, I don't know if it's gone up since then since I buy the weekly pass now. A couple months ago when I cruised, the weekly pass was $99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter