Rainforest Pass

Vanessa L.

Earning My Ears
What is the Rainforest Pass? I keep reading about it, but can't seem to find any info on it. Is it worth it?

It's a pass that you purchase which allows you into the Rainforest Room in the spa. The Rainforest Room has steam and sauna rooms, hot stone loungers and (depending on your ship)hot tub and special showers with varying degrees of cold/hot. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the stone loungers and will likely purchase several passes for our upcoming trip. They are super relaxing.

Within the spa on the Disney ships there is an area called the Rainforest Room. to access it, you have to purchase a separate pass -- either a single day pass which is purchased before the cruise (I am not sure if you can purchase single day passes once on board), or a length of cruise pass which is purchased on board.

I can only speak to the Dream and the Fantasy, and I know the Magic and Wonder's Rainforest room is a bit less extensive.

On the Dream and the Fantasy:

The area is co-ed, so swimming suits are required. There are severe themed showers, each with different scents, water temperatures, and waterfall patterns. The showers are best described as "fun" experience showers, not for cleaning. There are also different kinds of saunas. Finally, my favourite area in a separate space is a room of tiled heated lunging chairs in that are angled with head and feet up. Then, off of that space is another space on a deck overlooking the ocean. In this space are two hot tubs, each of which seat two people. The space has extra space where you can just stand and look over the railing. The railing has clear plexiglass (or whatever it is) both below AND ABOVE the railing as well as overhead so you are not actually leaning OVER the railing -- this also protects against the elements. The area "pops out" relative to the rest of the side of the ship and provides a really nice view. Doors separate the hot tub area from the tiled chair area from the showers/sauna area.

A locked door separates the entire Rainforest Room from the rest of the spa area. To access the Rainforest Room, you check in to the front desk of the spa and surrender your Room Key (and single day pass if you have one); you are given a wristband to wear and it will open the lock on the door to the Rainforest room. When you are done with the rainforest room and cleaned up using the (free to everyone) shower and change rooms, you return the wristband to the front desk and they return your room key to you. You can come back later that day if you want -- just repeat the process.

Some people (like me) really like the rainforest room and use it every day of the cruise (except debarkation day when it is closed to departing guests). I particularly like the tiled heated chairs, as I have back and neck issues and find they are VERY VERY helpful for that -- I dont have to bring a heating pad with me, I can just go spend time on the loungers (on our last cruise I asked if if I was just going to use the lounger could I just wear yoga pants and a tshirt instead of a swimsuit and they said that was fine, so that is what i did some days, since i didn't always use the showers; i don't know if that was a CM being nice or is actually their policy).

Some people do NOT like the rainforest room at all.

Some people will use the rainforest room once maybe twice in a cruise and they are happy with that.

If you do a google search for

disney cruise "rainforest room"

you will find a lot of pictures, blogs and various websites with lots of good info about the RR on the various ships.

Finally, I have a post on here about the cost of the passes and it appears buying the single day passes is probably cheaper than the on board pass, though there may be a less expensive on board pass that could be a few dollars cheaper. See the threat for the discussion on that.

Hope this helps.

SW

we absolutely loved the rainforest room on the Fantasy and used it often, really liked the hot tubs out on deck at night when the air was cool. We only did a day pass on the Magic and we're glad we did. While it was nice, it was nowhere near as nice as the Fantasy and we missed the hot tubs. They also did not have as many shower options. Still enjoyed it, but wouldn't have used it as much as we did on the Fantasy.

I am staying concierge on our upcoming Fantasy cruise over Halloween week . I wonder if a length of cruise pass would be something my hubby and I could enjoy ( we are cruising kid-less for our 25 anniversary ☺️) I wonder how crowded the hot tubs and overall room would be, 2 hot tubs that fit 2 doesn't seem like there's room for many passengers to enjoy when approx 4,000 people are on the Fantasy! I don't want to purchase a pass if we aren't able to enjoy it!

I am staying concierge on our upcoming Fantasy cruise over Halloween week . I wonder if a length of cruise pass would be something my hubby and I could enjoy ( we are cruising kid-less for our 25 anniversary ☺️) I wonder how crowded the hot tubs and overall room would be, 2 hot tubs that fit 2 doesn't seem like there's room for many passengers to enjoy when approx 4,000 people are on the Fantasy! I don't want to purchase a pass if we aren't able to enjoy it!

We did this and it was hit and miss with the hot tubs, but we suffered the wait in the hot stone chairs:). I will say it was more hit than miss. Since we have seen the shows before, going up to the rainforest room after the main dining was really nice because very few people were there and with the cool ocean breeze and darkness it was much better than during the day for us. Granted we sailed in January, but the ship did seem full.

We did book the week pass when we checked in, in the concierge lounge, they had spa representatives there. Not sure if it would be cheaper to pre book, others may know this.

Can anyone supply the prices for the Rainforest Room? I think a single day is $18.88 after gratuity, but what about longer or whole cruise packages? We're going on the EBPC in a couple of weeks and were just curious about the cost.

It depends on the cruise. A recent Navigator for the Fantasy on disney cruise line blog had the price for a couple for a week at $190 (pre-gratuity). My mom and I have debated and we think that we will just buy day passes. At $190 for two people you need to go 5 days or more for it to be worthwhile and I'm not sure that we will make it there every day.

Just a suggestion - if you are unsure how many days you will be using the spa, book single day passes prior to your cruise. Once you board, you will not be able to purchase single day passes, only one for the length of the cruise.

Not always true that you must buy a weeklong pass once onboard. This may depend on the sailing but I had no problem getting a daily pass on the spot during a Fantasy 7 night Eastern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter