Rainforest in AK worth OOP?

amy390

Mouseketeer
So, is it worth it to pay OOP for the Rainforest Cafe in AK for the food, ambience, etc. My 5 yro DD would love it I'm sure, but, we're already doing Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast OOP. :wizard:

Thanks

We were not impressed with the prices or the food when we went there on our visit last year. We thought the boys would love it, but it felt so loud and busy that they really weren't too impressed with it either. We wouldn't go back.

but DH and I had a great breakfast there that wasn't really that over the top price wise. But, again that was a few years ago. We have a RFC cafe now not that far away, so no way we would go at WDW. You might just want to check out the RFC store at DTD, pretty cool for the kiddos and they had a bunch of neat pretty good priced toys/t-shirts ( we were there in 06);

Have A Great Trip!!!

I steer clear of the RFC solely because of the noise. I think the "ambiance" of the place causes folks to simply be a lot noisier.

Well, I'm here to give the opposite point of view!

In December 2006 (last month), we had lunch at RFC in AK -- DS, 8, had identified it as a "must do" for this trip b/c we'd had a nice time at the one in Chicago. DH and I agreed to go and pay oop for it -- not b/c we were expecting much, but b/c we wanted to respect DS' request.

We all enjoyed our meals. Maybe b/c it was lunchtime (and it was NOT full), the noise level didn't seem any better or worse than any other WDW TS place, and we found the atmosphere fun after having spent the morning at AK. I had the "plant sandwich" which is a vegetarian sandwich of various grilled things like portobello mushrooms, etc., and I was amazed at how good it was. DH had a shrimp dish and he, too, was surprised since he wasn't expecting much from it. Our server was outstanding -- very attentive, friendly. So ultimately we went in thinking we were just doing our DS a favor, and came out feeling that we would eat there again.

We LOVE RFC but with so many other choices that you do not have to pay OOP for on the DDP, I would only do it at Disney if there is little chance that you will have another chance to do in the future. There are RFC all over the country and most are just like the ones at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter