Rainforest cafe

We always make it a point to eat breakfast there when we are at the parks. It's affordable and really delicious. Not sure about lunch/dinner though since we have not been during those times.

Well everyone has said it all lol, but still want to give my 2 cents!

Before RFC opened in DLR, I had only eaten in them twice: Once in Las Vegas and second time in Singapore and it felt soooo cool at the time! I had never done many of those theme restaurants and this really worked. I tried to go when I went WDW when I saw they had one at DAK (perfect theme lol) but was too busy and didnt want to wait.

So when I heard one was coming to DLR my old stomping ground, I was really, really excited. As someone said it IS the theming thats the most fun and feels the most 'Disney' out of all the DTD restaurants. So it is great to get you in the mood and it is fun.

Buuuut, now, sadly I dont really like going as much. I probably been to the one in DLR about a dozen times now since opening and yes the food IS overpriced and its not that great (although yes the burgers are actually quite good). And the crazy wait for it is too much at times...which clearly speaks to its popularity though. But there are better restaurants in the area and although the price points are all the same, the food is better!

But yes if you never did it, have kids, definitely go! I been on other websites where RFC comes up and people are pretty brutal lol. I'm surprise people are more positive here about it. But no, its no longer the restaurant I MUST do when I go to DTD anymore...but generally if someone wants to go I will do it.

But yes, that place is ALWAYS so freakin busy lol. I chalk it up to not just its theme, but its location being so close to the theater, parking, Disneyland Hotel and monorail, this and ESPN zone seems to have the 'sweet spot' in terms of foot traffic and everyone constantly passing through this area going to see a movie, coming and going to the hotel, getting off the monorail, etc. Add to the fun design of the building and you got a hit!

Do they have a kids menu? I know it's for families but I couldn't find one on allears.net.

And is there a section of the restaurant that is a little "less loud"?

Thanks!

I've been to three of them and I love them. The atmosphere is great and I really like the food. DD3 really likes it too and she usually doesn't like anything that is loud and noisy.

Having been to both at WDW and one in Atlantic City, DL one was disappointing. At all, the food really isn't good. But the atmosphere at DL was terrible both times. First trip, it was freezing outside and they say us upstairs and outside where there is no atmosphere. Second time, we were back in a corner near the bar and there wasn't much to see.

Do they have a kids menu? I know it's for families but I couldn't find one on allears.net.

And is there a section of the restaurant that is a little "less loud"?

Thanks!

They do have a kids menu. I can't remember everything that was on it, but when we were just there the kids with us had chicken nuggets, popcorn shrimp, (plus a combo of nuggets and shrimp) and grilled cheese.

Apparently I'm in the minority here but I really dont like much of their food. Have been on 3 seperate occasions and have been pretty much disappointed each time. We even asked for our daughters pizza to be removed from our bill last visit, and i've NEVER done that! It was that bad. I say its a must do once for the experience, but that's about it. :/

My opinion on the question :

1) Many food options, some are very good (chicken quesadillas and the pot roast) while other are not so good...

2) The experience might be fun for kids but remember it's basically animatronics, like you'll find at Jungle Cruise...

3) The restaurant, as other said, can be very busy! Last time, we had to wait more than 2 hours for a table. We finally went to another restaurant!

I did make reservations so even if busy, I shouldnt have to wait, right? We are going march 1

christinaspring said:
Apparently I'm in the minority here but I really dont like much of their food. Have been on 3 seperate occasions and have been pretty much disappointed each time. We even asked for our daughters pizza to be removed from our bill last visit, and i've NEVER done that! It was that bad. I say its a must do once for the experience, but that's about it. :/

I completely agree with you. We have been a few times and it has always been about the experience for the kids, not the food. My husband and I have been very disappointed with their food each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter