Rainforest Cafe-worse service-EVER!

Wow! Glad that we had no plans to go to RFC on our upcoming trip! I guess I didn't realize what a big deal RFC is! We have one at the local mall that we avoid like the plague. After one trip so the kids could see the elephants it just became an overpriced, poor service, dark and noisy place to eat. And after a little while in business everyone else must've figured that out too! The waits went from 45 minutes to 5 in a matter of months!

For those that have never been it does have a cool look, but I can't imagine eating there while at WDW with so many other cool places to eat!

CdeSade why do you think the op service wasnt as bad as she stated? There have been more than one post on here about horrible service at this place~
Also she says there were 3 tables in there so what "flow" would they be breaking?

I really do understand the waitress's thing, paying out busboys and ect. and I always tip well but I also understand that some people dont tip well, act like they are your only table and so on.
I dont think that was the case here, it would have been nice to have the waitress say "hey your food is on the table" but to do it with a nasty attitude, nope sorry that just dont fly in my book!
And the rolling eye thing....thats something you just dont do, because I am thinking If you are rolling your eyes and giving me an attitude then you dont want your 20% all that bad, and why should you get it, acting like that?
You want a good tip then be a good waitress/server even if sometimes you have to grin and bear it.
Sorry just my 2cents~
Dana

danalee said:
CdeSade why do you think the op service wasnt as bad as she stated? There have been more than one post on here about horrible service at this place~
Also she says there were 3 tables in there so what "flow" would they be breaking?

I really do understand the waitress's thing, paying out busboys and ect. and I always tip well but I also understand that some people dont tip well, act like they are your only table and so on.
I dont think that was the case here, it would have been nice to have the waitress say "hey your food is on the table" but to do it with a nasty attitude, nope sorry that just dont fly in my book!
And the rolling eye thing....thats something you just dont do, because I am thinking If you are rolling your eyes and giving me an attitude then you dont want your 20% all that bad, and why should you get it, acting like that?
You want a good tip then be a good waitress/server even if sometimes you have to grin and bear it.
Sorry just my 2cents~
Dana

Well, how many times have you heard people overegaggerate restaurant stories? But you're right, I wasn't there... and there is NO EXCUSE for eye-rolling. But it seems to me that if this server had that bad of an attitude, she woulda been fired long ago.

The "flow"... unless you're a server, then you have no idea what that is.

As far as the only 3 tables thing... how many other servers were on the floor? Even 1 table can be a lot when the kitchen isn't doing their job. But ya, attitude is something that a server should never have. And you're definitely right... a server that is rude doesn't care about his/her tips. I'm not gonna tip a rude person well, either.

I don't have children... don't want any for at least 15 years, LOL. I do know that on vacations, parents want things perfect for their kids. It's a magical time for them and it should be for you, w/o any added stress. Even after serving for as long as I have, if I had a server say "you have got to be kidding me" in response to my child, I'd most definitely call on a manager (privately). But then again, 95% of managers are ex-servers... you're always right (until you leave). That's just how restaurants are ran, even the best of the best.

I'm sure the horrible service at RFC is due to horrible management. When management can't do their job, the kitchen won't do their job, and the service lacks considerably... most people don't handle 100 little stressful things very well. Not trying make excuses, it's just my livelyhood ;)

Oh yeah... just because we SAY we can do it, doesn't mean we can. Today I had a table ask for the 1905 salad w/ no garlic. Well, the garlic is in the dressing already (which I told him). He ordered it anyways. I didn't have the time to do him a favor, nor am I allowed in the salad prep area. So I went back and made him his very own salad dressing. I didn't explain to him what I had to go through, that a manager yelled at me for going back into the salad prep area. I just said "I got ya covered, how about that" when I tossed his salad in front of him. And did the table leave me extra? NO. Oh well though, life goes on.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you like it when a server thanks you for a great tip? I don't make a big deal, but I always walk back over and say "thanks so much guys!". I think people enjoy being commended for being a good person.

And yes, I really do enjoy serving and I'm 100% certain that I reflect that. So if you're ever in the Tampa area, hit up Columbia (Spanish/Cuban food). It's the coolest restaurant here, w/ so much history... better than anything in Epcot. We'll give you a tour if you'd like (it's a city block-size building) and we have the nightly Flamenco dancers show at 7:00 and 8:00 (except Sunday). More of an adult-oriented place, though. My name's Christopher... w/ a shaved head ;) Just don't expect to be in and out in an hour for supper, it's HUGE...

BTW: big props to the moms on here. You guys have a crazy job, too! THE craziest!!!

RobInBigKC said:
Cripes! I hate to hear that. Oh, well, thanks for the info. Now I won't feel so bad that my DS's post-season baseball tournaments usually find us in Oklahoma City (Edmond, actually) instead of the Tulsa area. (I'm waiting for him to hit the "big time" and play at Disney's WWofS.)

-- Rob

Ya, it was sad for me and my sis. We went up to Tulsa to visit some friends right before I moved to Tampa and missed it by ONE DAY.

Well I hope the team does really well this next season! And I hope you enjoy the beautiful landscape of OKC/Edmond, LOL!

It's a shame you had such a bad experience at RFC :( My wife and I have only eaten there once and it was a great, if rushed, experience... It was in 2002 on our last day in WDW... We were just browsing around DTD, my wife spending the last of our money :) , before we got pickedup for our flight... She had been sick for the whole trip but was feeling better that day... So we saw RFC and thought we would give it a go... It was very busy and we were worried about missing our airport transfers... So I asked how long it would take to be seated etc and explained why... They got us in within 10 minutes and explained to our waiter we were in a bit of a hurry... He did a fantastic job and made sure that all our drinks and food got out quick smart :) It didn;t even feel wrong tipping him, I'm Australian and tipping is all a bit new to us...

Anyway I long way to say we had a great time.. So much so that we will be visiting RFC in Disneyland, Vegas and both in WDW on out trip this year... Jst so we can compare...

Oh and the food was fantastic too :D

CdeSade said:
And yes, I really do enjoy serving and I'm 100% certain that I reflect that. So if you're ever in the Tampa area, hit up Columbia (Spanish/Cuban food). It's the coolest restaurant here, w/ so much history... better than anything in Epcot. We'll give you a tour if you'd like (it's a city block-size building) and we have the nightly Flamenco dancers show at 7:00 and 8:00 (except Sunday). More of an adult-oriented place, though. My name's Christopher... w/ a shaved head ;) Just don't expect to be in and out in an hour for supper, it's HUGE...

man, we love the Columbia. next time we're there we're requesting you and you and I want you to make my palomilla tableside. :teeth: I was a server in and after college and the only place I ever remember people taking care of you for going out of your way was when I worked in a private club. we were at dinner tonight at a Beef O'Brady's and my wife was complaining about how long it was taking to get the check. I pointed out ther poor girl was trying to run 9 tables. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter