Rainforest Cafe Safari Club?

cjhampton

Earning My Ears
I was thinking about joining the safari club when in DL, but a have a couple of questions:

When we join, do we get a temporary car? I am wondering because we won't be home to get the real card before we want to use it again.

Do we get a free appetizer immediately when we join?

TIA

Thanks for your quick reply!

I did a search on the forum, but must have missed this link.

Thanks again!:)

cjhampton,
yes and yes.
And if you buy any merchandise or return for a second visit on your trip, it more than pays for itself. We got one a few years ago and I really like the "front of the line perk". When you check in, they put you next in line (after already checked in people with PS's) for a table. During busy times that usually equates to a ten minute wait. I have overheard the hostess telling walkups that the wait is 45 minutes. Plus the free app or 10% discount is nice.
Enjoy!:cutie:

When they send out your permanent card they also send a $10 gift certificate. It takes a while to get your permanent card so sign up a good ways out from your trip date.

Thanks for all the good information! Looks like we'll be enjoying at least one meal the Rainforest.:)

I'm not sure about this... but do AP holders get a 15% discount here? If so, can you use the AP discount the same time you are using the Safari Club? i.e. If you get the free appetizer and then the same time get 15% off your meal?

We went with friends when we visited in May. They wouldn't do his AP discount but he did receive the one for his safari card. Helped a lot with the wait too.

We didn't buy the membership when we were in WDW in 2004 and we should have because it was worth the cost of the membership. We got our money's worth on our DL trip. you get a free appy or 10% off the meal. We got one big meal and the quesidilla appy and it was enough for both of us so it ended up being the cheapest place to eat.

All you have to do is visit a Rainforest Cafe once a year and the membership will continue without cost. you also get a coupon around your birthday...

Glad I did it.

We joined too, and it's definitely worth it. I normally order the pita quesadilla as my entree because I love it, and now we get it for free! The biggest bonus, I think, is the priority seating. We went to dinner with another couple a few weeks ago and the quote time was an hour and 45 minutes without the Safari Club, but we were sat in less than 15 mintues! Can't beat that :)

Sure sounds good! I suppose though on our first visit we'll have to do the wait time because we won't be members yet.

I have read trip reports here of people encountering long lines, filling out the paperwork, and boom the were members who got fast seating. So I'm not sure you'll have to worry about that.

see what im gona do is make rainforest in the middel of our stay, the first day we get in i will go over and fill out paper work get membership and then have my temp card and ps for later

You don't have to get your membership and wait! We put our names down for a table and then i signed up. They told me to walk straight on over to the "reservation" desk and tell them I was a member. I was seated shortly thereafter. You get your membership card (temp) right away and can use it immediately!

I have used it at Disneyland, Disneyworld, San Francisco, Las Vegas and one or two more locations.....
I always get in quickly, order the appetizer vs. the 10% discount and the card paid for itself within two visits..... We continue to receive the benefits.

You can't stack discounts or coupons though. We receive a 5.00 discount for birthdays and anniversaries but if we use the coupon we can't get the free appetizer... so we never use the coupon.

For the first time ever we encountered a bit of a glitch in their system. While in Orlando last week and dining at the RFC at Animal Kingdom I was told the appitizer must be ordered as that and brought before the rest of the meals my family ordered. They will no longer bring the appetizer with dinners of your other parties... It worked out well as I ate slowly but this is the first time I have ever heard them tell us that....

Don't worry though - you will come out ahead if you visit the RFC two or more times and the card never expires!!!

I have read trip reports here of people encountering long lines, filling out the paperwork, and boom the were members who got fast seating. So I'm not sure you'll have to worry about that.

Today we were up at the mall that houses a Rainforest Cafe, and I can verify the stories I had heard. :)

We went up to the reservation lady in the big purple elephant, told her we were going to join. Since it was a slow time (therefore priority seating didn't make much difference at all) she just gave me a priority seating pass, and pointed to where the desk was in the merchandise area. I went over there, filled out the form (would have filled it out ahead of time but it turns out people would fill it out, pretend they were joining, get the perks, but never join, so they keep them locked away), paid, and we were in.

Went in, got our free appetizer (yay they could keep the chicken off of the pita quesadilla, which was VERY VERY good, almost like a veggie gyro but without the feta and with sour cream and salsa, LOL), ordered one adult entree and a kid's meal....

And then there was a "thunderstorm" just as DS's food arrived (we ordered his while we were still dithering), and he said "get me out of here, I want to get out of here, get me out of here, I'm scared" for 2 solid minutes (we were trying to jolly him out of it, we weren't just sitting there, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)....so we had them pack up the rest of the food to go, paid, and left. And ate in the kid's play area just outside of the Cafe. :upsidedow

So anyway, my point is that we got the free appetizer the same day we signed up. So I'm not just telling other peoples' stories now. :)

I have used it at Disneyland, Disneyworld, San Francisco, Las Vegas and one or two more locations.....
I always get in quickly, order the appetizer vs. the 10% discount and the card paid for itself within two visits..... We continue to receive the benefits.

You can't stack discounts or coupons though. We receive a 5.00 discount for birthdays and anniversaries but if we use the coupon we can't get the free appetizer... so we never use the coupon.

For the first time ever we encountered a bit of a glitch in their system. While in Orlando last week and dining at the RFC at Animal Kingdom I was told the appitizer must be ordered as that and brought before the rest of the meals my family ordered. They will no longer bring the appetizer with dinners of your other parties... It worked out well as I ate slowly but this is the first time I have ever heard them tell us that....

Don't worry though - you will come out ahead if you visit the RFC two or more times and the card never expires!!!

So let me get this straight, how do they know you are ordering an appetizer with your "safari club discount" if everyone orders at the same time? I guess I just don't see what the big deal is if everyone eats at the same time. Can't you just not say anything, and when the bill comes slip in your Safari card along with method of payment, and have them take the appetizer off your bill?

Also, I did not know you could get a free appetizer everytime?! I thought it was a one time deal? Go RFC!

So let me get this straight, how do they know you are ordering an appetizer with your "safari club discount" if everyone orders at the same time? I guess I just don't see what the big deal is if everyone eats at the same time. Can't you just not say anything, and when the bill comes slip in your Safari card along with method of payment, and have them take the appetizer off your bill?

Also, I did not know you could get a free appetizer everytime?! I thought it was a one time deal? Go RFC!

If you use your card for priority seating they know you are members. They ask if you want the appetizer or discount. Yes you can use the free appetizer EVERY time you visit and remember the card never expires. I have had my card for over 5 years I think and use it at least 3 -4 times each year!

If you use your card for priority seating they know you are members. They ask if you want the appetizer or discount. Yes you can use the free appetizer EVERY time you visit and remember the card never expires. I have had my card for over 5 years I think and use it at least 3 -4 times each year!

Pshh duh I forgot that they would know you are a Safari Club Member from the priority seating.. Silly me! That is still a good deal though... I am totally going to join!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter