rainforest cafe - reservation needed ??

DisneyRookie2007

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the rainforest cafe accepts reservations? if so, is there a special phone number to call........I don't think they are on the DDP.

It's our 1st time travelling without the DDP and our 1st visit to this restaurant...thanks

At Yorkdale, I make RFC ressies all the time for lunch. However, I think they don't take ressies after 6pm on weekends....first come, first served.

I believe we made them for our 2005 visit but I don't have a number. I believe we made them from the resort, maybe 1 day in advance.

We just returned from WDW two weeks ago. We have reservations for RFC (Animal Kingdom location). We booked the ADR with them about 4 months in advance, through the Disney "Toll Free Number".

I think I've heard some rumors that you can't book ADR's at the Downtown Disney RFC, but I'm not positive about that.

I think I've heard some rumors that you can't book ADR's at the Downtown Disney RFC, but I'm not positive about that.
You can make reservations for the location in Downtown Disney by calling them directly. They can not be made by calling WDW-Dinning, going the Cast Members at the Concierge desks in lobby of each Resort and the various Guest Relations locations at the 4 parks and Downtown Disney.

If you want to go to the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom you can make a reservation via CRO ::yes::

I just did this recently for my upcoming trip :thumbsup2

The toll-free # is 1-877-939-3732

Hope this helps :goodvibes

iluvwesties (aka Carol) :wave:

You can make reservations for the location in Downtown Disney by calling them directly. They can not be made by calling WDW-Dinning, going the Cast Members at the Concierge desks in lobby of each Resort and the various Guest Relations locations at the 4 parks and Downtown Disney.

Yes, my bad, I should have been more clear. I meant to say I heard you couldn't make ADR's through WDW.

go to the Rainforest Cafe at AK and before going into the park and book your reservation for dinner. Since the park closes around dinner time it nice to have it on your last thing to do list while at Animal Kingdom. That way you don't have to wait in line to book and the worry of not getting a reservation is reduced.

This year we booked at Boma for dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge just a short drive from AK.

When we went in April last year, I called as soon as we got there.....and I am gald we did. We had to wait 4 days to get in for dinner at the Downtown location. Unless of course you want to wait in line for 2-3 hours....never fun with small kids.:sad2:

If you are planning to go to the Downtown Disney location, I would make a reservation. We normally go once per trip, and go around 3pm - 4pm as we have found that going later is simply too crowded for us. Even going that early there always seems to be a wait for a few minutes with the reservation.

If you are planning to go to the Downtown Disney location, I would make a reservation. We normally go once per trip, and go around 3pm - 4pm as we have found that going later is simply too crowded for us. Even going that early there always seems to be a wait for a few minutes with the reservation.
That is around the times my family and I go to that location and we have never waited for our table. After we give them our name they tell us to go in the Gorilla line or Elephant line and then we are sitting at our table.

That is around the times my family and I go to that location and we have never waited for our table. After we give them our name they tell us to go in the Gorilla line or Elephant line and then we are sitting at our table.

Interesting, may have been our luck I suppose. We generally go in late April or early May and have normally had a wait of about 20-30 minutes even with a reservation at that time. We don't have any requests, simply a table for three, but as I said may just be our luck. Luckily there is always a lot to see in the area so we don't really mind a short wait.

The wife called on Friday and made a couple of ADR's for Kona Cafe, 50's Primetime and Rainforest cafe (AK).........got the exact dates and times we wanted no problem

Whats with the attraction of this restaraunt?

Its overpriced, the food is mediocre and the "show" is a let down after doing a disney resort all day. Our 5 & 7 year olds would rather go to a MacDonalds with a play land over a rainforest cafe.

That said, our experience was with two rainforests in Ontario so maybe the USA experience is different (should not be since its a chain).

Whats with the attraction of this restaraunt?

Its overpriced, the food is mediocre and the "show" is a let down after doing a disney resort all day. Our 5 & 7 year olds would rather go to a MacDonalds with a play land over a rainforest cafe.

That said, our experience was with two rainforests in Ontario so maybe the USA experience is different (should not be since its a chain).

I totally agree. There is much better restaurant in DTD. I find the wolf gang express is one of the best tasting food availabe in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter