Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom any thoughts???

i was there last July...i got there (a little too) early for breakfast before heading into the AK. the food was great...took a 6yr old their for breakfast years ago and it got her into the animal spirit before heading into the park. have had dinner at the DTD rainforest...can never go wrong

we will be dining at the Rainforest Cafe at AK and any thoughts good or bad????

We were there in May for lunch. We thought that the quality of the food had deteriorated since the last time we had dined there, a few years ago. We won't be back.

we will be dining at the Rainforest Cafe at AK and any thoughts good or bad????

I've been there and the food was awesome. I've been there ith my family and friends. I don't know what to say about others, but we liked their food very much.:)

I had dinner there in May, and the food was just alright, comparable to a Chili's. The service was terrible, though, and the atmosphere was way too noisy for us. Even the six year old didn't like it. It was the worst dining experience our whole trip.

We hate their lunch and dinner, but I think they may sprinkle crack or heroin dust on the tonga toast,:confused3 because no matter how hard we try we always end up back there for breakfast. Don't even get me started on the pie of the viper.:yay:

You will probably find us there every AK day. Like the food. We usually get apps. And the drinks are good! Theme is fun. It is loud....but it is the jungle! Lol

It's a bit overpriced (ok, A LOT overpriced) but we've had decent meals there and it's a great place to cool off in the hotter months. If you go to their parent website (can't think of it right now, but maybe google Rain Forest Cafe rewards club) you can sign up for their rewards club and get coupons. We got a 99 cents kids meal coupon a few years ago that was a lifesaver for us. Our kids just don't eat $10 worth of a kids meal!

We went for our 1st trip Feb 2012 and ate here first thing before our AK day. We had a great breakfast and I didn't think the prices were bad. We all liked our food and can't beat the atmosphere. Our 2nd trip is planned for Jan 2013 and we're doing it again! Our reservation is 8:30 and park opens at 9. I think last year our reservation was 8 but we were there early and it didn't even open right on time. I know we were waiting in the cold for longer than we thought...so we pushed it back a little bit this time.

DH and I had lunch their in September and the food was great. The burger was huge and very yummy! :banana:

It's about the same as any sit down chain. We were there for dinner in March, and it was fine. If you have small children, some areas may slightly scare them. My DS is spooked by almost everything (completely freaked at Mickey's PhilharMagic :confused3), so take this with a grain of salt. But, we sat near the bar, and it was a bit brighter and the animal sounds weren't as loud. Every few min or so, the animals get louder, so if you have a little one like mine, it could make eating there a challenge. I assume most kids would love it!!

We love the RC at AK, it's a must for us every trip. It is loud there and the tables are close together, but we still enjoy the atmosphere and have had some great food there.

It's a bit overpriced (ok, A LOT overpriced) but we've had decent meals there and it's a great place to cool off in the hotter months. If you go to their parent website (can't think of it right now, but maybe google Rain Forest Cafe rewards club) you can sign up for their rewards club and get coupons. We got a 99 cents kids meal coupon a few years ago that was a lifesaver for us. Our kids just don't eat $10 worth of a kids meal!

Now it's the Landry's Select club (used to be Safari club).

I like RFC's food, but we always get the same things every time. I get the pita quesadilla appetizer as my dinner (without the chicken, as I'm veggie), and DS gets the kid's cheese pizza. DH used to get other things, but now goes with the same thing I get. With a salad.

Note that the AK RFC is at AK, not in AK. To enter from AK you have to go through an exit turnstile, and to enter (or re-enter) AK you must have your ticket and go through a turnstile.

Some people have found that if the lines for the main turnstiles are very long, they can cut through RFC to Entrance Gate 27.

Its ok but I greatly prefer the Yak and Yeti or Tusker House for sit down service at DAK

We ate there back in 2009 and its like any other RFC around the country. Decent chain restaurant food. We definitely prefer Yak and Yeti at AK for more original food and neat atmosphere. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter