Rainforest cafe at AK?

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
Any experiences at the Rainforest cafe at the AK- good bad or indifferent?

Wait times for tables?

What's good to eat?

Recommendations for a 1yo and 3yo?

Absolutely hated this place and will not eat there again. Wretched food, worse service.

Sorry for the negativity, but this place is dreadful. Many, many others really like it here though!

fun atmosphere...average food...ok service....didn't love but didn't hate..our 3 & 5 yr old like it here....typical kids menues.....we shared the volcano salid and the sample appitizer and it was good. ps set up stinks....when you have a ps you stand in line to give it.....then get sent with a piece of paper to stand in another line till they call you...

The atmosphere is nice, and the service was great. We enjoyed our lunch. We had priority seating and the there was no wait at all. It's a bit pricey, but aren't all the restaurants at WDW.

I thought the food was very good, and although expensive, comparable to other Disney restaurants, plus the portions were huge. We went for lunch at 11:30 and had no wait at all.

We always go there for breakfast before doing the AK park. It is always good. The service is good and the portions are huge (at least for me). We do lunch there usually too. We have never had a long wait and the food was good. Sometimes the sevice at lunch is a little slow but the place is usually alot busier than breakfast.

We had mediocre food and lousy service here - *usually* Rainforest is pretty good, we were disappointed in this one - the one at DTD was good.

Ate at the one in Downtown Disney when it first opened. Didn't like it. Went to Animal Kingdom and thought I would try it again. It was worse. It's glorified fast food at outrageous prices.

If you want to spend that kind of money there are plenty of other places that you can get quality food on property.

If fake rain impresses you then have fun.

We had much better service at the AK one (over the DD one). We have alwasy enjoyed the food. It certainly isn't glorified fast food. The menu is comparabe to Chilli's. The prices are right along with the rest of the prices in WDW. I do think the way they are set up to wait for a table is strange. I don't uderstand why they won't call out your name instead of making you stand in line. The one at DTD gives out pagers.
The ribs, chicken, pasta and chicken sandwiches are all good. The desert is the best however ... try Volcano.

We love Rainforest Cafe at both locations.It's a really FUN place to eat, and most of the food we've had has been pretty good.The kids like the flatbread pizza,and I like the Rumble in the Jungle.My favorite though has got to be the Chocolate Diablo Cake with Raspberry Sauce...YUM!!!!!

Rainforest. hmmm.....did not like it the food is no different than a Denny's and the place is expensive the only reason we ate there is that you get a 10% discount on food if you have a DisneyClub Card. Service was good, but we now prefer to go to AK late morning and snack and then that evening go to a better restaurant for a nice dinner. if you have kids they will like the place cuz the fish tanks are cool.:D

We ate at the RC/AK one early morning when we were feeling very tired and rundown. The food was lovely and the service was friendly and efficient. It was just what we needed to get refueled for a wonderful day at AK.

It was expensive, but what sit-down dining at WDW isn't expensive? It was different-- the mixed juices were absolutely delicious.

The service is POOR but the food is average. The portions are large btu the food didn't seem to be as tasty as usual Rainforest Cafe chains.

As this is the only table service retaurant in AK anybody would think it gets busy.

However, we visited there in Holiday Season (Easter - April) at about 1pm and we 'walked right on in' with no PS'.

We ate breakfast at Rainforest a two years ago (maybe it has changed). The service was horrible, and the food was overpriced - we did have Discovery Magic (which I think is now Gold Package - so the meal was covered.

The fruit was fresh though - that was quite good... otherwise service - :mad:

I've been to the one at DTD and AK. THe food was ok, nothing special. The atmosphere was neat for kids. the service at DTD was OK. The service at AK was so poor I would not go back. The restaurant was half empty, yet people had to wait 15 minutes in line. WHY? I don't know. Once seated they rushed you to order then were never seen again til the food was ready and the bill was dropped off. Definitely made you feel like it was a major inconvienence to serve you.

INTERESTING! DH and I had a WONDERFUL experience when we visited in May of 2001. We both enjoyed our meals very much. DH had the vegetable frittata and I had the tonga toast! Our server was Letti and I'll NEVER forget her....just beautiful and very personable! :jester:

We had an 8:30 PS for breakfast and maybe had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. I just love the atmosphere. I enjoyed this RFC better than the one at DD. DH and I would definitely visit this one again. :D

We have eaten at both RCs at WDW, and regretted both times. Very, very crowded table setup. Constant stream of people walking (actually squeezing) by our table. So loud we honestly had to almost shout to hear each other. Ordinary food, standard fare such as Chilis or other mass restaurants like that. Very high prices, even for WDW. Portions huge, to be point of unreasonably so (I can't think that it's good to bring us so much food). Service was OK, but somehow I'm not the kind who likes the server to pull up a chair and sit at the table with us.

Why does it do well? My guess is the children/teens like it. It is nicely themed, and kids tend not to have a discriminating palate, a cheesburger with a mound of fries sounds good to them. Both are located where there is not a lot of competition for sit down meals. They have a gift shop with RC souvenirs. You can join their "club" and get 10% off your meal the next day.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We did go there twice, and should have learned from our first visit.

I enjoyed the AK one better than the DTD one. Everyone in our party liked the food and the portions were huge. Consider sharing if you have a light eater. I really enjoyed breakfast too. I had the Tonga Toast. It has the same name as the Poly version, but it is prepared differently. It was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter