rainforest buy single day passes before we go or length of cruise on board

I'd like to know the answer to this also. I bought three passes on our 5nt cruise last year. I prepurchased them because I was told that they might sell out while onboard. I don't think that was the case though. The ship was full and yet they still offered the passes at the spa. I'm not sure what the Delux pass would include. The access was for everything in the rainforest room, the steam rooms, showers, tile loungers, hot tubs.

I plan on purchasing in advance again for our 7 nt coming up in April. I don't need the length of stay pass. With our time with the kids and three port days, I'll be lucky if I can get away for four visits to the spa. I think this should be a good amount to plan on and if I can get more in, I'll book onboard.

we went on a 10 day cruise in 2011 and it was $200 for a couples lenght of cruise pass, thats why I am questioning this price and if deluxe is just the reg pass, or is this more and does it nclude more?

Im told that they dont sell the single day pass onboard anymore. You have to pre-purchase it. I bought mine by calling dcl. was a pretty easy process.

I want a lengh of cruise pass but not if it cost more to buy it, I want to know if I am better off buying 5 x one days before I go

The 'deluxe' may include scrubs and sugars. When I went on a 7 day at Christmas, the price was $144 for a single and $192 for a couple, but came with 5 mini jars of the scrubs. Nothing else was offered (except an even more expensive package with more scrubbing and a couple's room), and when I asked about individual days, I got the song and dance about maybe selling out.

When we won a $100 credit, I decided to do the one week pass, but I think I only went 4 times. We had more port days at the end, and it was a time crunch to get back from the port and to the show and dinner.

I'd either buy 2 days or wait till you get on board to see if you even like it or if you'll have time. Even if you buy the entire week, you only save a a little over individual tickets.

Nancy

I use the Rainforest a lot.

1. The length of cruise pass entitles you to go use the Rainforest whenever it is open.
2. The deluxe length of cruise pass entitles you to use the Rainforest whenever it is open, and they give you a small sponge and some scented scrubs to rub on your body, so you can do your own exfoliation in the sauna area. Not worth the upcharge for me.
3. The day pass is a day pass. I had not heard they no longer sell them on ship, but that may be true. What I have been told by the spa staff on previous cruises is that if they sell all the length of cruise passes, then they don't sell any day passes.
4. It is hard to use the Rainforest on a port day. You get up, you go off to the port, you return, change for dinner, go to a show. If you aren't getting off the ship, a length of cruise pass may be worth it. It is cheaper than individual day passes for every day of the cruise, but if you don't go on a couple days, it would have been better to buy individual day passes.
5. My wife loves the Rainforest on a cold or rainy day, like Alaska or Vancouver to LA cruise. In the Bahamas, she is just as content by the adult pool.

The above gives a good outline.

I've never done a 5 night cruise. On a 7 night, the length of cruise is $99. As noted, the deluxe is more because it includes the "scrubs." Not worth it IMHO.

Personal experience--if you buy a length of cruise and miss 1 day, you just wasted money. On most 7 night cruises, on the second day they will start to offer stuff like 3 and 5 day passes--generally a better deal because then I can choose which 3 days I want.

While they claim that they don't sell single day passes on the ship, I've never been denied one. If I go to the desk and say that I want a one day use of rainforest, they write it up--for $16.

Another point--the rainforest is A LOT better on the new ships. It is just wrong that the charge is the same when you get so much less on the classic ships.

The above gives a good outline.

Another point--the rainforest is A LOT better on the new ships. It is just wrong that the charge is the same when you get so much less on the classic ships.

I love the hot tubs and the view of the ocean in the new ships' rainforest. However, I prefer the tile loungers on the classic ships, and the classic ships' dry sauna with the green tile bench. I suspect those just happen to fit my body better than the loungers and benches on the new ships.

I love the hot tubs and the view of the ocean in the new ships' rainforest. However, I prefer the tile loungers on the classic ships, and the classic ships' dry sauna with the green tile bench. I suspect those just happen to fit my body better than the loungers and benches on the new ships.

I love the loungers on the classic ships...and I do enjoy all the steam rooms. However, the hot tubs on the new ship add to the experience and are more work to clean and maintain. And the showers on the new ships actually WORK--I have a bad track record with that on the Magic. It seems that if I book a cruise, the showers will be out of order that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter