Rainforest 1 day pass & Senses spa recommendations

HappilyEverAfter80

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 day Rainforest pass on the Magic once on board the ship?
I know we can buy a single day ahead of time. I believe I read somewhere that once onboard you have to buy passes for the length of your cruise. Can anyone confirm?
I'm also looking for Senses spa recommendations.. did you have something done that you felt was great value? We sailed with Disney before but have not tried the spa. I want to this December but I don't want to spend $500 on a treatment.

Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 day Rainforest pass on the Magic once on board the ship?
I know we can buy a single day ahead of time. I believe I read somewhere that once onboard you have to buy passes for the length of your cruise. Can anyone confirm?
I'm also looking for Senses spa recommendations.. did you have something done that you felt was great value? We sailed with Disney before but have not tried the spa. I want to this December but I don't want to spend $500 on a treatment.
As far as spa deals go, I got a massage, mini facial and scalp treatment for about $90. It was one of the daily specials included in the daily Navigator. It was very good and well worth it. The deal was offered the 2nd day of the cruise but I used it on the 5th day. I just took the day 2 navigator with me when I made the appointment and they gave me the deal.

The prices seem to be comparable to a nice hotel spa. Just a hint to save yourself from the sales pitch, when filling out the pre-service questionnaire answer everything that you're feeling great with no aches, pains etc.

Enjoy your cruise and spa treatment.

During my last cruise, I had the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't $500 but was still pricey enough ($190 I think)
Next cruise I plan on getting the Bamboo Massage - just to try something different.
I really enjoyed going to the spa. Such a nice treat.

In a previous thread someone recommended the Frangipani Scalp Treatment as a spa treatment that does not break the bank. I wanted to try to do it on my last cruise, but went for the Fire and Ice manicure instead. The manicure was nice, but overpriced for what I go. I thought I should have tried that scalp treatment instead...

I just realised that there are not really any answers as to the 1-Day passes.

From recent reports this seems a bit hit and miss. Sometimes people repot that they were able to buy them, other times not. Also, it seems that the day passes you buy once on the cruise ship always include scrubs and that makes them pricier than the ones you can pre-order. Sorry, I don't remember the exact price difference, but it was more than a couple of dollars. That's why we have always pre-ordered the 1-day passes.

I just realised that there are not really any answers as to the 1-Day passes.

From recent reports this seems a bit hit and miss. Sometimes people repot that they were able to buy them, other times not. Also, it seems that the day passes you buy once on the cruise ship always include scrubs and that makes them pricier than the ones you can pre-order. Sorry, I don't remember the exact price difference, but it was more than a couple of dollars. That's why we have always pre-ordered the 1-day passes.
Thank you! I think I will order the pass now just to be safe. That way I don't have to worry about it once we board :)

+1 for the stone massage. And if you have a treatment use of the rainforest room is included that day so you might be able to save on the pass.

I bought my one-day pass prior to boarding last time. I haven't tried it on the ship, but I think we asked them and they told us if we wanted another day as well, that wouldn't be a problem. However, it may depend on how busy they are - and that was 2 years ago as well.

When we were on the Dream in Nov. 2014, we were able to buy 1-day passes on the ship and they were not marked up. The price for 1-day is $16 + 18% tip, so whatever that comes out to. They also told us that we could come back any day and buy another 1-day pass...which we meant to...but then got too distracted by important things like the beach :)

+1 for the stone massage. And if you have a treatment use of the rainforest room is included that day so you might be able to save on the pass.
I was on the wonder recently and they told me the rainforest room was not included with the treatment. I don't know if it's different on the magic. :/

I don't think the Rainforest room has ever been included with a spa treatment, at least not on the Wonder or Fantasy. There is a sauna, several larger showers and some skin/hair products in the locker room and that is free for anyone to use regardless of booking a spa service, using the gym or whatever. The showers in there are much larger than the one in your room and usually use them once or twice during a cruise just because.

We are recently off the Dream. DH and I both had massages, the rainforest room was definitely not included with that. There were both single day and length of cruise passes available, with and without the scrubs.
I had the hot stone massage and DH had the bamboo massage, pretty sure each was 75 minutes. We both enjoyed them but they are much pricier than where we go locally. He got a heavy sales pressure at the end of his massage, I did not.

I'll tell my husband not to shave starting now and then book this :)

Do beware the sales pitch after--they tried to tell me I needed skin/face cream that they sell for $100 a small jar!!

MY dermatologist already told me what to use and the guy who shaved me was trying to tell me how much "better" Elamis was.

Do what I will now do--just say no sales pitch BEFORE you get any treatments. And ask the price first if you do buy anything!!!

Perhaps my DW bought the Rainforest pass for the day when she booked the massage and I didn't realize it. My apologies for the incorrect info.

Do beware the sales pitch after--they tried to tell me I needed skin/face cream that they sell for $100 a small jar!!

MY dermatologist already told me what to use and the guy who shaved me was trying to tell me how much "better" Elamis was.

Do what I will now do--just say no sales pitch BEFORE you get any treatments. And ask the price first if you do buy anything!!!

This is why I stopped using senses. It's too salesy. It's like a 30 minute infomercial with a massage to keep you pinned down. They didn't just try to sell us something - they practically shoved it down our collective throats. We ended up buying 3 bottles of something that was like $300 and then returned it before we got off the ship. I complained to Disney about it. I am there for a massage, not a sales pitch.

This is why I stopped using senses. It's too salesy. It's like a 30 minute infomercial with a massage to keep you pinned down. They didn't just try to sell us something - they practically shoved it down our collective throats. We ended up buying 3 bottles of something that was like $300 and then returned it before we got off the ship. I complained to Disney about it. I am there for a massage, not a sales pitch.

Agree--they make good money just off the treatments--PLUS a tip added on. The folks who give the treatments must get some sort of commission for the products they can sell(?)

I finally found a good response to these sales pitches. I just say "we still have plenty from our last cruise".

Also, when filling out their questionnaire before the treatment never indicate any problem with skin or tension, or any medical issue for that matter. If you do check off any of those boxes you'll hear how this product/treatment/acupuncture/etc is especially designed to cure it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter