• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainbow Loom storage

Dancemomof3

Mouseketeer
My nieces son and daughter both got a few Rainbow Looms for their birthdays. They each already had one. She kept a back up one for each and sold me 3 of the others for my kids for Christmas (she used the money to buy more bands for them, this fad is crazy). She only charged me $10 each for them. I am trying to keep Christmas on a tight budget this year. Does anyone have any creative ideas for storage of the looms and the bands? I know they sell cases but all of our local craft stores are out and I wanted to make the cases a part of their gift because I don't want 100's of little rubber bands all over my house 5 minutes after they open them.

Online, Amazon might have them too. Learning Express is another store around here that has that stuff.

Our RLs are stored in very unsophisticated large ziplock bags:rotfl:

Do you have Five Below near you? Everything there is $5 or under and they had bands and cases.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is the exact item we have.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-01402...1384200279&sr=8-5&keywords=hardware+organizer

The yellow inserts slide out easily so you can customize it however you want. I like that you can change it to fit your needs - we have it set up with some of the yellow inserts removed so we have space for 2 rainbow looms. In the rest of the little compartments, my girls have organized the rubber bands by color and even have a compartment for the little plastic clips.

But as another poster mentioned, you can't get much more inexpensive than Ziploc bags ;) We did that but my girls wanted to spend their own money on this organizer and I wasn't about to argue :goodvibes

Walmart - tackle box area... Same item as the craft area but many dollars cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up on the JoAnns 11cent shipping... just ordered a storage case for $3 and change, shipped :)

This is the exact item we have.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-01402...1384200279&sr=8-5&keywords=hardware+organizer

The yellow inserts slide out easily so you can customize it however you want. I like that you can change it to fit your needs - we have it set up with some of the yellow inserts removed so we have space for 2 rainbow looms. In the rest of the little compartments, my girls have organized the rubber bands by color and even have a compartment for the little plastic clips.

But as another poster mentioned, you can't get much more inexpensive than Ziploc bags ;) We did that but my girls wanted to spend their own money on this organizer and I wasn't about to argue :goodvibes

I found these in a two pack at Walmart for $10. They were near the paint/automotive section. DD likes them 'cause they stack together. :)

My friends' daughter is keeping hers and all her stuff in a jewelry travel bag -- it has tons of convenient pockets for all the different bands and things.

We have the cases from learning express and my girls had their names decorated on the front. They love that it won't get confused with a friends and everything fits in one case. We tried bags and other cases and they didn't work for us.

I've seen some great ideas using the new Thirty One jewelry bags. They are very cute used for this and easy to keep track of.

My thought would be to get a large scrapbook paper box like this:
Iris Storage Container (link to Michaels website) and maybe personalize it with the child's name somehow (either using paint markers, stickers, or vinyl letters). Then, a smaller partitioned box like this (link to JoAnn crafts website for example only) to separate the bands can go inside, along with the loom, hooks, and any instructions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter