Rain...

Is everything on the ship open in the rain?? How bout on CC or Nassau?? Thanks

It depends on how hard it is raining. Sometimes you'll just get a brief shower then the skies clear. Other times it rains so hard that DCL cancels shore excursions.

It was storming pretty badly when we left on our cruise in 2011. The sail away party was held in the main lobby/atrium area. The pool decks were closed for a while.

They don't close down much. If it's not lightening the kids stay in the pools -- they are wet in the water anyway so they won't melt. ;) The dining places around the pool area have overhangs so you can get your food without being rained on.

We had a lot of rain on our 9/14 Fantasy cruise but I guess with my Irish blood it didn't bother us. It's a big ship, with the exception of areas by the pools, most is covered.

As we disembarked in Cozumel, we were handed ponchos to wear.

Again, the severity of the storm would decide if excursions were cancelled. In Cozumel the weather was so bad that they closed the harbor and cancelled all water related excursions. Excursions have been cancelled at CC on relatively nice days due to wind or current. Parasailing and the island boat tour seem to be the two most often affected on our cruises.

Is everything on the ship open in the rain?? How bout on CC or Nassau?? Thanks

The stingray adventure is quite susceptible to cancellation. Ours was cancelled for moderate wind. Frankly, it was not terribly windy from my perspective. The problem was the stingrays' perspective. Once the water gets a little choppy, they hunker down and will not come out to play.

Of course, DCL did not charge us for the cancelled excursion. Frankly, I prefer they cancel it and refund us (which they did) rather than give us a second rate experience and charge us!

I guess I needed to clarify: would they cancel excursions on Nassau due to rain?? But, thanks

Yes, words do make a difference. Had the word excursion been there, it would have made more sense as it read as if you were asking if rain would close a city.

No, I just really do appreciate the actual answers I got!! The info was helpful!! I was looking for info, and got some! Have a great and magical day everyone!! :)

Ditto. :thumbsup2 me too. Thanks for asking the question as were taking our first cruise next year and I was wondering the same thing!
I thought it was obvious you meant excursions :)

Honestly, some ppl just LOVE to nit-pick and start drama. I dont get it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter