Rain!!!!! Will it ruin our vacation?!?!?

marymalaniak

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone:
We are leaving for Disney on Wednesday. I just checked the weather forcast and scattered/isolated storms are predicted for EVERY day of our vacation!

I am sooooo bummed as this is our FIRST visit with my DS 7 and DD 9!

Someone PLEASE make me feel better!:scared:

Hello everyone:
We are leaving for Disney on Wednesday. I just checked the weather forcast and scattered/isolated storms are predicted for EVERY day of our vacation!

Your trip will be great, the rain will be infrequent and when it does rain, it will only be a damper on your trip if you let it.

A good time will be had by all!

It rains pretty much every day in August in FL.
It won't ruin your vacation if you don;t let it-just use ponchos or an umbrella, or use that afternoon shower as your rest time, it will be fine.:thumbsup2

Don't let the rain dampen your spirits!! I've often found that the rain drives away a lot of people. Just make sure you're prepared. Bring the following and you should be fine:
ponchos (umbrellas are too tough to deal with in the parks.)
extra shoes and socks for everyone (rent a locker to keep them dry)
maybe a change of clothes for the little ones

Even with the rain, you can have a great time. Enjoy your trip!

It won't be so bad - the parks are never crowded when it rains. And since the majority of attractions are inside, you won't know it's raining unti you go back out! I would much rather be at Disney in the rain, then stuck at home in the rain (like I've been for two days). Hopefully the rain will be short (as sometimes it is in FL) and you'll have some sunshine while you are there. If not, eat a Mickey bar and enjoy your trip - it will be over too fast!!

You'll be fine, just keep going through the rain! Get those poncho's on and keep moving :) The crowds sometimes get lighter with a good old rainstorm :thumbsup2

The rain sessions ususally are short, sharp bursts anyway, so within half an hour, it'll all be dry again for you...enjoy you're trip!!

"If you don't like the weather in Florida wait 15 minutes and it will change" As told to me by a native Floridian.

Hiya! :wave2

We leave on Wednesday as well and I also saw the forecast. No worries as any rain tends to 'clear out' a lot of folks and the wait times for rides decrease as well. :) Even when it rains it is still quite warm. I tell people to grab a poncho and head on out! :thumbsup2

typical rain is 4PM-7PM at some point almost everyday. Keep in mind an indoor place--show, restuarant, etc. to dart into during that rian. It usually showers for under 30 minutes.
We will be there in 3 days!!

Hello.
You wont have many problems.
I just got back saturday night from wdw.
There was chances of thunderstorms everyday.
It rained once and only for about an hour.
Have fun.
Alweasel

Hello.
You wont have many problems.
I just got back saturday night from wdw.
There was chances of thunderstorms everyday.
It rained once and only for about an hour.
Have fun.
Alweasel

When we were there last sept. the forecast was rain and thunder storms all week. When actually it only rained for about 30-60 min 2 days. I'm not to worried for our trip next week. But does anyone have any reports on the Love Bugs?

If it wasn't for the rain the wife and I wouldn't have had the chance to ride ToT 13 times with NO wait or talk a CM into letting the wife and I have a elevator to ourselves :banana: :rotfl: :dance3:

This is the forecast for EACH of my last 3 trips to Disney.

It rained exactly 1 time each trip.. and only for a few minutes.

Of course, that doesn't mean it won't be different this time, but the rain usually passes quickly.

Knox

We were there last Aug. and it would briefly rain almost every afternoon but would clear out very quickly. In fact, the showers were so widely scattered that it might be raining at the resort but not at the parks. We only had 1 day where the rain lasted several hours. This year seems to be drier than last so I have a feeling you won't be really impacted by rain. We are leaving tomorrow:banana: and I am usually very worried about the weather but this time I'm OK with it - especially now that Dean avoided FL!

Bring your ponchos and have FUN!:goodvibes

Hello everyone:

Scattered and/or isolated thunderstorms are business as usual for Florida in the summertime. Actually, scattered/isolated is what you WANT to see in your vacation forecast. Basically means you may have an afternoon thundershower to contend with. They generally don't last long and clear out quickly. Bring ponchos and Crocs. And for heaven's sake it's only a little bit of rain (which Florida desperately needs, by the way, as we are actually in a pretty bad drought), please don't let it ruin your vacation.

There, do you feel better now? ;)

I'm packing "pool shoes"(?) not sure if that is their official name:confused3 In case it does rain while we are there. Take off socks and shoes and off we go.

Nothing worse than walking around with wet socks and shoes. They are on sale for $4.99 at Wal-Mart.

:cheer2:

DOn't wory we just got back from our trip 8/12-8/18. I checked the weather forcast before I left and it said scattered t-storms everyday of our trip. It ended up only storming on one evening of our trip. That was the day we were to see Fantasmic but we left and did not see it. It was probably canceled anyway.

I'm the third person to post on this thread who is also leaving for our trip (8/22-8/26 POP) on Wednesday! While the hurricane was a possible threat I was watching the forecast every minute! Now that it's not headed toward FL, I'm not even going to worry about the weather. Like everyone else has said, just be prepared! We always bring the disposable ponchos. I can't deal with dragging around ponchos...especially after they get wet. We also bring two pairs of shoes. When it's 90+ degrees and the sun comes out again, you will be dry in no time at all!
Last trip it rained (POURED) just before Illuminations. Everyone left Epcot!
DH and I watched with one other couple as the show started. It was awesome to see the laser lights through the rain...and very different and wonderful show. The wind was blowing and even though we were holding the ponchos tight around our head, we got soaked. BUT....it was the end of the night and we would have gotten just as wet if we had walked thru the park to the car. That night was a highlight of the trip. There's no need to worry about rain...it will probably happen, just know that in advance and be prepared to deal with it. You won't be alone....I'll be there too!

Have poncho will Travel.

We were there 8/7-8/16 I was HOPING for rain... clears out the parks to some extent. Rained only twice and neither time did it rain in the part of Disney I was... other than when we were forced out of MK at 7:00 pm for the "Pirate Princess Party" The sky's opened up ... and ... lets just say there were most likely some drenched princess and soaked Pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter