• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain.... Which park? What would you do?

TxDisFans

Mouseketeer
We are right now - hooray!

Sadly, though, mother nature is not totally on our side, and they are predicting thunderstorms for some of Wednesday and for much of the day on Thurs., our last day!

With search disabled on the Dis tonight, I cant look up the relevant threads. Help!

With dd9 and ds7, where would you go in the rain?? Which park? Which rides?

We had planned Epcot for the last day here, but with that weather prediction I'm not sure its the best idea. :confused:

Any advice, oh wise Dis folks???

We never let rain slow us down in fact we welcome it. It tends to cut down on the crowds. If you really want to do Epcot then grab umbrellas or ponchos (and good rain shoes) and go there.

Also remember the weather in FL is fickle to say the least if they're calling for rain it could really mean just some rain at some point not rain all day.

I've been looking at the weather just to get an idea of temps (we'll be down on Saturday for a week). Yesterday it said it would rain on Sunday 60% chance - today it shows 0% chance of rain on Sunday - go figure!

I wouldn't change my plans. We're starting to get into normal FL weather patterns for summer. In all likelihood, the rain won't last long--if it rains at all.

Almost all the rides are indoors at DHS. So I don't mind it there. Plus it s a smaller park and tree are lots of shops.

Based on easywdw recommendations, I'd go with MK on Wed, EP on Thurs. Both are manageable with umbrellas or ponchos, & if it rains quite a bit, lines will be nice & short! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! As you imagined, the rain forecast was exaggerated - brief storms on one afternoon, that was it! Had a great time!

I know that you're done with WDW for now so this won't be helpful to you. But it's a good discussion for others, given the storms that are supposedly happening now.

I have had very good luck touring DHS on rainy days. It's easy enough to go from one building to the next and the outdoor entertainment is not as exciting for me as in other parks so I don't mind if I miss it. MK might not be too bad either. But I would definitely avoid Epcot and likely AK too.

My favorite day in Animal Kingdom was a rainy day. It had started pouring the night before as we got onto the trams. The next day was going to be an all day rain. I let the family sleep in late. We headed from POP to AK by car. We arrived about 5 - 10 minutes before opening. We breezed through bag check. They were not holding anyone by the Tree of Life. We headed straight to Everest and grabbed Fast Passes. They were just opening it up so we rode the first train of the day in the rain.

We saw more animals than we have ever seen on the Safari. They were out playing in the rain.

The best moments were walking the trails. My son was blown away when the tigers started roaring and fighting with each other. The gorillas were all out and moving around. Without a lot of people, there was time to truly enjoy the animals and the scenery of the trails.

We wore our ponchos and Keen's sandals. The park was almost empty. My family had an amazing day there.

this spring break, one night it started raining and then into the entire next day. we went to AK just after lunch and walked onto every ride (did not use one fast pass). we watched the parade from a covered area and had a blast. the only issue was when a CM moved the umbrella we had covering our stroller (while we were on a ride) and everything was soaked.

We spent a rainy day at DHS, and it was fine because almost everything is inside and close together.

I can see how AK would be good in the rain in terms of more animal activity and shorter lines. However, it is a lot of outdoor walking. So, I suppose as long as one was prepared with ponchos, umbrellas, crocs, etc., it would be manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter