Rain Pt 3:What a wonderful world!!

DisMomRN

Earning My Ears
5/4-5/5/01:
Once again, the cast:
DisMomRN: Me, the mom
Grumpy:DH, soon to be renamed Prince charming!
Sneezy:DD, age 17
Evil Queen:DD, age 14...less evil these days!
Bashful:DD, age 11

Today is my full conference day, the rest of the family heads to Epcot. At lunchtime, I browse Downtown disney and buy the girls surprise Disney towels (which they love). Family picks me up at 5pm, I'm anxiously awaiting their report on Epcot...turns out Future world was a little disappointing, they had expected much better. Their big hits...Honey I shrunk the audience, Test
Track(clearly their dad's favorite..."0 to 60 in 6 seconds!!!"), Food rocks. They all really like Norway and the viking ship ride. Sneezy likes all the flowers and topiaries!! Her asthma has not bothered her at all here!
We decide to take it easy tonight, eat out at Red Lobster and head back to Vistana village to rest and play at the pool.
5/5/01- Half day conference for me, family sleeps in. I think I'm making them tired:o . Family picks me up at noon, much happier today after resting more. We're off to Animal Kingdom again, followed by Epcot(the back part). We go to see the Lion King show...once again WOW! Get more character autographs (they're up to 16 now); I'm surprised they all really love this more than I thought they would...even the oldest gets really excited
"LOOK...it's MICKEY! HURRY":) After playing at AK and just soaking in the surroundings, we head to WS and Marrakesh for late lunch. YUMMY! I don't think I've taken so many pictures on one trip in my life! Even the girls are
shocked! WS is done so beautifully and flowers everywhere. There is so much to see and do, we can't possibly see everything! Oh well, guess we'll have to come back...again...and again...and again!!! We head over to Mexico and do the river ride (very nice and great rest for the feet which are really starting to protest by now). Skip over to Norway and the older girls are getting whiplash from looking at all the *HOT* cast members there. I have to take pictures of the girls with them, their expressions are priceless. "NO, I'm sorry; they can't be carry ons to take home!!" Long wait for the ride, but it's very good. Means a lot to us having Norwegian ancestry on my side of the family. We stake out a spot on the bridge near France for Illuminations.
Bashful has to go to the bathroom, Sneezy and I take her then decide we might as well also. Come out from the bathroom, yell Bashful's name...no answer...PANIC!!
Run outside and yell....no answer...PANIC! Send Sneezy to where Dad waits on the bridge, sure enough she's there...WHEW!! Everyone wants a snack, tell Bashful not to move and stay with DAD!! Sneezy, evil queen and I walk to Canada for beavertails (strawberry ones are VERY yummy), look all over the world for funnel cake,
of course it's "all the way around the world in AMERICA" and my feet hurt. Beavertails for everyone!! By the time we walk back, it's four people deep on the bridge. We staked out the very front!!:jester: Love the advice we get on these boards!! We sit down to enjoy our dessert when suddenly a five year old jumps up on the railing and proceeds to stand up!! No parent in site and the boats are below us in the water. I quickly grab her and set her down, telling her never to climb up again and her parents hear me and they gather her up. No need for thanks, folks! Illuminations is wonderful, our videotaping turned our perfect, fireworks and the music!! We did see a little of TON on our way to the bathroom...puppets were great!! After the show, we wait for the crowd to get a little lighter and leave very slowly, enjoying the nightime scene. Prince charming holds my hand on the way out, not leaving me in the dust like normal in his escape of the crowds.*Magic*

I'm glad the family could come along for the conference.
Sounds like you had a good time.
Thanks for posting!

I've enjoyed your reports. Thanks for taking the time to post.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter