Rain ponchos in the park?

last year we took the advice to buy the dollar store versions and use them disposibly. the only benefit is that when un-opened they are tiny and fit even in your jeans pocket.

But man if you need them forget it..

1. They are so thin, you will most likely rip it at some point
2. Short
3. If it's a real downpour and any wind you are screwed!
4. Not so easy to roll up for later use in between downpours. They became one blob of plastic wetness.

this year we are going solo and IF it rains or downpours, we are buying the heavy disney one.. Plus they are cuter and make for a nice sourviner.

We used cheapies last year and they were terrible :laughing: ripped easily, felt like saran wrap, only kept us marginally dry. And it was SO RAINY. The one nice thing was they were bright red, so we could always find each other in the rain :rotfl:

Finding each other is a great point... The sea of yellow ponchos, seemingly millions of them just alike, can make spotting your party challenging. We have found having a different color sure helped :-)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I was going to recommend this strategy. True, they are just cheap pieces of plastic, but they keep you dry the same as the slightly-less-cheap pieces of plastic that you can buy in the parks.

The thinner the poncho, less bulk to carry in your bag. Toss when u r done! I'm a cheer coach and frequently need to poncho 15 girls plus myself for rainy football games. The cheap ones from Walmart can withstand my girls cheerleading in them without ripping (think toe touches & motions, nothing too major in the rain, but still....more than walking around a theme park) and after spending $ week after week, I started reusing them. They are surprisingly durable! I don't recommend stuffing a wet poncho in your bag for the sake of reusing them but the point is, they ARE durable enough for a day in the park and you won't feel guilty tossing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter