Rain Ponchos... How many do you think???

Dollar Store ponchos are pretty worthless, IMO. They are sleeveless, short, and if you have hair they will not stay on your head. IMO, your better off spending a few more bucks and just buying a WDW poncho when and if you need one. Saves you from carrying it around too.

We forgot ponchos when we went and bought the Disney ones for our whole family. We grabbed 2 extras to cover the stroller so the kids could have a dry spot as well. My logic was if we have to buy a bunch of the single use ones then we aren't really saving that much over the reusable ones.

I bring two Dollar Tree ponchos for each person in our party per trip. I have never run out.

I bought good quality ponchos for my two girls, because the cheap ones just dont work well with their size. I will still be buying the disposable ones for DH and I, because we can deal with the rain better, and will also be bringing some to cover the stroller.

I've had my Disney poncho for about 20 years and we used to go in the summer - so it has been through many rain storms! Very sturdy! I think you need a serious poncho for serious rain, but as others have said - the $ store ones are fine for a quick unexpected shower.

I use walmart cheap ones
Reused them without issue by simply folding it up and putting if in a ziplock bag

This is what we do also. Have gotten several uses out of the cheap ones, and they fold up very small to carry around.

Another fan of the Dollar Store ones. I usually pack 3 or 4 per person in summer, in April I'd take 2 per person. They are small and light and don't take up much space in your luggage or your in the park bag. We use them once or twice and toss them. A few years ago in early April we had rain...all day rain...morning until 8:55, right before Wishes. Then the next day was nice, the third day was all day rain. We wore those ponchos all the time. An umbrella is handy to have also.

The kids have good reusable ponchos or rain jackets. I also have a good stroller cover. All of these stay in the bottom of the stroller. DH and I use cheap disposable ones. We take 2-3 each. That is usually good enough. If it is a day where it rains all day,the kids stay pretty dry and we just get wet and deal with it. Those are the best days because the parks are empty.

Dollar Store ponchos are pretty worthless, IMO. They are sleeveless, short, and if you have hair they will not stay on your head. IMO, your better off spending a few more bucks and just buying a WDW poncho when and if you need one. Saves you from carrying it around too.

Disney ones don't either. Solution? Medium sized binder clips to attach right under your chin. Keeps the hood on with no problems.

Disney ones don't either. Solution? Medium sized binder clips to attach right under your chin. Keeps the hood on with no problems.

Binder clips are a good idea, although the Disney ones stayed on much better than the Dollar Store ones. The Disney ones were more of a vinyl whereas the Dollar Store ones felt more like plastic wrap and were much more slippery. Plus the Disney hoods were longer and I could pull them out over my head a little better.

Another thing we did one time was buy $4 Coleman brand ponchos from Big Lots. Really good quality with drawstring hoods, but still cheap enough where we didn't feel guilty about leaving them behind at the end of the trip.

Try looking in the camping section or the umbrella stand at Walmart you will find better quality one rather than spending lots on a Disney one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter