rain next week!

eddieras

DIS Veteran
i've been checking the weather everyday and it looks like the forecast is getting worse for next week - we arrive sat 5/12 for a week.

i'm dying over here-- tell me it'll be ok! :headache:

i've been checking the weather everyday and it looks like the forecast is getting worse for next week - we arrive sat 5/12 for a week.

i'm dying over here-- tell me it'll be ok! :headache:

Its the weather.

Unless you've got a better connection to the controller of the clouds than the rest of us mere mortals, it will do likely what it will do, regardless of the forecast.

That said, Central Florida has been in a severe drought (and having wild fires) and it could certainly USE the rain.

Many times, the rain (if it DOES come) will only be a short duration and then dry out for the rest of the day.

We are in our summer pattern where there will be some rain, somewhere in central Florida, every day. It's because of the collision of the east and west coast seabreezes. It just depends which coast has the stronger breeze where the showers will break out. It will vary from day to day. So even if they are showing a 30% chance of rain every day, one day it may rain at Disney, the next day 100 miles west, the next day 50 miles east, etc. The seabreeze showers usually come in the late afternoon/early evening and they don't last long.

We will be there on the 13th, please rain go away.

Normally there are isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms in the mid-afternoon to early evening. However, it is very unsual to have more than 15 minutes rain at any one location at one time.

Rain is actually a good thing at WDW, people tend to leave the parks when it rains, it gets cooler too. Florida needs the rain so bad to help with those fires and get rid of all that smoke down there. Usually just rains for a while in the afternoon and then stops so plan a break in the afternoon.
If it rains just put on your poncho and have a good time, we have been there during Hurricanes and it pored rain we went to Epcot had a great time! Remember when you were a kid how much it was to play in the rain....

Bev

We really need rain bad:sad1:, Honestly if we don't get some rain soon, you wouldn't want to come. The fires in georgia, and n. florida are making enough smoke that all the way to central florida, and over here in Clearwater, we had to drive with our lights on, it was like a foggy day, except it smelled like smoke. They wouldn't let little kids go outside at school, cancelled little league games. My clothes even smelled like smoke at the end of the day. If it doesn't rain more fires could be a problem. We want rain.

I wish I could do a raindance and help out down there!

We arrive sunday and I hope for the resident's sake that it rains. It rained our whole honeymoon in WDW so I have some poncho wearing practice under my belt!

Really--rain is ok! It cools the park off, gets rid of some people, while you stay and enjoy the indoor rides and or have a snack, then when the rain stops, you have short lines!

I agree-we leave today and I'm getting quite concerned about the smoke!! It's pretty bad this morning down here in South FL. I'd much rather go to WDW with rain in the forecast than walk around with smoke in the air all day.:sad2: Our water restrictions are putting us down to 1 day a week watering, that's seriously bad. Pretty soon WDW won't be able to shoot off their fireworks...so you better hope it rains. It won't be all day rain-but no rain is much worse!

I hope we get some good rains and put out all the fires burning. It is smokey again today. It makes it hard to breathe.

You will be ok.

You will not melt, you will still have a good time regardless of rain. You can't control the weather, so there is no need to worry about it. Have a great time.

The weather channel website says scattered thunderstorms. This happens every day in Florida in the warm months. It will rain for a little while around 3-4pm. It is a blessing.

Look at the local tv station for accurate weather predictions. WESH is the local NBC affiliate. Keep in mind that it is that time of year. Showers will always be in the forecast. Not likely you will come into a full day of rain.

we're leaving on Sunday for a split Vero Beach/Saratoga Springs week. 10 years ago if I'd seen the 10 day forecast I'd be pretty sad too-but since my parents moved to Florida I now understand the true meaning of scattered/isolated storms. It can be raining in EPCOT and MK can be dry as a bone. It's also pretty rare to have an all day soaker, all over the area at that time of year. Rain showers usually don't last that long, and they do chase the casual or less experienced guests back to the rooms. If you don't mind getting a little damp, you will probably find shorter lines. We tend to try and hit Splash mountian or Kali river during rainstorms-we're gonna get wet anyway, so why not? They only shut the rides down if there is a danger, whether from lightening or if the track getting wet could cause a problem.

I'd like to thank everyone for these posts. It saves me time from watching the local weather forecasts. I can just assume it's going to be sunny until I start seeing posts saying "it's going to rain on XXXX"

It's a time saver!

(come on rain, we need you, badly!)

If you are planning a trip to WDW soon, and you like the shows involving fireworks, you'd be well advised to pray for rain. If we don't have some serious rain very soon, I'd be very surprised if all shows involving fireworks are banned all over Florida until it does rain.

Besides, I'd much rather get a little wet than have to breath smoke all day and night.

Enjoy.

I took my niece in mid June last year, the first time I had ever been there in the summer. I was worried about the daily rain you hear about. We only had 2 quick showers.

thanks guys - you all put my mind at ease! plus i hope the rain helps out with the fires as that is what's most important

Normally, I'd want the rain to stay away but with the hazy, smoky unhealthy conditions that people in FL are dealing with- I am praying for rain. A rainy day at WDW is better than any at home as far as I am concerned.

So rain away-I have ponchos! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter