• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain in the forecast...Yikes!

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
What do you do when it's raining in DL? Our only full day there, Wednesday, is forecasting showers:sad2:

We LOVE DL in the rain! It's really magical in a different sort of way. The crowds often lessen, as too many people just don't want to deal with it. Ponchos are better in CA, IMO than FL because of the relative lack of humidity - though umbrellas are a fine option. Outdoor entertainment gets cancelled typically, but the park is still very enchanting. Did I mention we love DL in the rain?!? :)

I agree. Rain can be a blessing. It made a tremendous difference in the crowds on one of our visits. The first day had heavier showers in the morning and lighter showers throughout the day. We got to the park after the heavier showers were done, and the place was practically deserted. It was wonderful. We could walk on almost any ride we wanted - a couple of rides my dh and dd were on (like Spash Mountain), the CM just let them stay on the ride for another round since no one else was in line. The next two days of our trip the weather cleared up and the place was packed with long lines for rides. If we hadn't had that first day to get through all the rides we wanted, I think it would have been a miserable trip.

Having said that, on our last trip, we were there on a night with heavier rain and winds and it was awful. We made a bee-line for the ART and our hotel room.

I'm hoping in your case it's lighter showers and just enough to thin the place out.

Be prepared to get ponchos. I used to think that getting the cheapie dollar store ponchos and bring those, but since we got the cute clear ponchos with Mickey on the back, and since I've used mine for 3 trips so far, I'm all in favor of them.

If you like umbrellas, be prepared with those, too.

If it does rain, the parks will be very empty. Which means you get it almost all to yourself, if you stay!

I always love the rain days. We're locals and we love hiking over to there then, as there are less people and less lines!

Don't be too freaked out. Southern California rain is much different than Pacific Northwest rain. When we were there at the end of January, it looked like the forecast was solid rain for 4 days. A forecast like that in Seattle would most certainly be solid rain for 4 days. :laughing: We ended up with a couple heavy downpours, but that was it. Very pleasant the rest of the time. The temperature was fine, and we just wore our jackets or ponchos in the rain. We could have let it get us down, but we can't control the weather. We adjusted our attitude and had fun with it. :confused3

I agree with all the rain lovers! Some of our best memories at DL are when it was raining. In our case it rained briefly and then cleared up. It was fun dashing from one covered place to another! And the crowd was wonderful... since most everyone left the park!

Rainy days are the best! And plaza inn is great to eat indoors if you need to be out of the rain for awhile.

We have had some very magical moments at a very rainy Disneyland. :goodvibes Have a blast, wear a poncho and flip flops (if it's not a cold rain), and have fun!

The forecast is usually wrong when it calls for rain anytime other than February and early March, IME.

My zip code had a 10% chance of precipitation yesterday, and it poured last night.

Bottom line: check the forecast the day that you are going, and if it starts raining, get an umbrella and a poncho. You'll have a great time either way!

Rainy days are not bad at all. We have been many times in the rain this year. The first time we got drenched, the second time not so much but either way we had fun and enjoyed ourselves. So Cal rain isn't that bad really, unless it's January. LOL

very low purcentage. Dont know about the Wed one, but it doesnt seem like its a long one anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter