Rain in June?

mchristianson

Earning My Ears
What is the chance it will rain anytime in early June at DL?
It has been so long since I was there in the summer months, but I don't recall it ever raining there in the summer or has it? :confused3

Just thought I would ask......

It's rare to see much rain in June.

According to weather.com the average rain in June is .11 inches. I think you are safe.

Usually it doesn't rain during the summer in California. However, June can still have slow to burn off clouds in the morning and some chilly evenings. Last summer this "June Gloom" lasted into Aug when we went. The papers down there and up here were saying it was coldest summer in 40 years. So bring a light sweater that is easy to stuff into the backpack during the day and pull out at night, just in case. I'm hoping this summer will be warmer.

Thank you all for the info! :flower3:
Like I said, it has been 20+ years ....last time I was there I was a "tween'....so I really don't remember the weather...lol!!
I'll take the cooler nights-it has to beat the foot of snow we got this past week!! (and the 10 degs it was this morning!)

Usually it doesn't rain during the summer in California. However, June can still have slow to burn off clouds in the morning and some chilly evenings. Last summer this "June Gloom" lasted into Aug when we went. The papers down there and up here were saying it was coldest summer in 40 years. So bring a light sweater that is easy to stuff into the backpack during the day and pull out at night, just in case. I'm hoping this summer will be warmer.

Wow ...when we went in July last year, it was REALLLLY hot!! Mornings AND night!!! It was miserable with the crowds.

You'll definitely get June Gloom, but that keeps the temperatures down. I'm surprised by the responses...I've been in SoCal for 10 years and I thought it did rain at times...but I may be just remembering the June Gloom.

I wouldn't go by last year's data...we had an unusually cool summer last year. We only put our A/C on a few times where previous summers it was constant.

I've lived in Southern California my entire life (64+ years), and rain in June doesn't happen - or July, or August, or September. What tiny rainfall does occur is in the mountains, well north of Anaheim. That said, the weather this year has been unusual. Definitely be prepared for cool evenings and mornings in June.

Oh, it can rain in June along with June Gloom. My kids have had their field day cancelled the last week of school due to rain. If it does rain, it likely won't be very hard or last all day, but it can happen. I'd just check the forecast before you leave home. June Gloom mornings can be misty as well. Nothing that will ruin your trip though.

We were there the second week of June last year, and loved the weather! June Gloom rocks! Mornings were gloomy, afternoons were warm enough for shorts, but it cooled off enough to put on a sweatshirt in the evenings. :thumbsup2

It has rained before in the summer months, but it is rare. June gloom is almost certain, though, so pack warm.

Tracy

I'm planning my first DLR trip for June and just have to know...what is "June Gloom"? is it dreary but not raining?

I'm planning my first DLR trip for June and just have to know...what is "June Gloom"? is it dreary but not raining?
It is more technically called a "marine layer" and it is high altitude fog/mist that blocks the sun or just makes it very hazy in the morning and more often than not burns off by 10AM-Noon to reveal a bright, beautiful sun shining down. Sometimes it hangs around all day and for multiple days.

It is associated with June but you also see it from May-August.

:goodvibes

def think you are safe. I think we have had some summer rains.. but it really is rare and usually nothing.

have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter