Rain and more rain

I have a weird love of going on outdoor attractions (if they are open) in the rain. MK is my favorite rainy day park! Splash, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder; all SO MUCH FUN. I admit that a day with lightning where practically everything is closed isn't as much fun. But weirdly enough some of my best WDW memories have happened in the rain!

It was some cheesy music about whether the rain would ever stop (over and over and over), a couple guys carrying a banner and two cars with some characters on them. The cars didn't even really have that many characters. :rolleyes: It was a cross between really hilarious and just pathetic. This was the best photo I got: View attachment 149866
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: That is pathetic! :rotfl::rotfl: I can't stop laughing!!!
Sorry about your rainy situation. :sad2: Seems every park has some "indoor" things. If you have a hopper, maybe hit DHS and MK. For us those are the easiest to enjoy with rain.

It was some cheesy music about whether the rain would ever stop (over and over and over), a couple guys carrying a banner and two cars with some characters on them. The cars didn't even really have that many characters. :rolleyes: It was a cross between really hilarious and just pathetic. This was the best photo I got: View attachment 149866
:rotfl::rotfl: I am still laughing!! Hope you don't mind.... can I save this picture to send my DD!? We had such a great time "singing in the rain" at DHS last July 4th when it RAINED like I've never seen at WDW before! But we had a blast!!! :umbrella:

I think I was there the same week.. We extended our stay and it didn't stop the first week of oct either. Maybe 2 days with nothing but the rest was 6-8 hours of rain at 3 different times over the course of the day..

We were there the last week Sept/first of Oct in 2014 as well. My DH came home and invested in a super-high tech, light weight poncho saying he never, ever wanted to wear a cheap smelly poncho for a week straight again! We had a blast but oh my lord the rain. I thought my little DD was going to wash right away in Epcot!

:rotfl::rotfl: I am still laughing!! Hope you don't mind.... can I save this picture to send my DD!? We had such a great time "singing in the rain" at DHS last July 4th when it RAINED like I've never seen at WDW before! But we had a blast!!! :umbrella:

Absolutely. It's all yours! Glad my misery could provide you some laughs! :rolleyes: :laughing:

What's the name of the high tech poncho? Inquiring minds want to know!!

And, yeah, welcome to FL and El Niño. Sorry guys. :(

Last edited:

We were in Epcot on Saturday with the all day rain. Had rain jackets & umbrella for when it was hitting from the side. Had sprayed rain repellant on shoes before we left home. Really was a very enjoyable day! Any day at Disney World is better than back at home & at work!! :)

What's the name of the high tech poncho? Inquiring minds wasn't to know!!

And, yeah, welcome to FL and El Niño. Sorry guys. :(

I have no clue - but he was super-excited to order it when we got home. Breathable, packable... no clue but he's always into having the "right" gear ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter