Rain all next week?

Uh oh, it's worse than that. Now weather is showing low 70s even high 60s in next week's forecast.

I don't mind rain (since it always shows rain in forecast in florida) but was hoping for warm swimming weather. :eek:

Florida forecasts can be very unreliable, especially this far in advance of your trip. I was at WDW last month, the last week of February. Rain in the forecast every day for all seven days. We had a total of one rain shower, for 90 minutes, one day out of seven. Many Florida showers are quite brief. As someone else said, just because there is rain in the forecast doesn't mean that it will rain all day long!

That's not to say you might not get some rain - but don't worry too much. Just prepare ahead of time (either bring ponchos, or plan to buy them if needed after arrival), bring at least three different pairs of shoe for each person (they can get soaked, and it's nice to have an extra dry pair), and extra socks in your park bag (in case your feet get wet). And by the way, Crocs can be very slippery if the ground is wet; I've found sneakers work much better.

One thing I wish I'd brought, though, was a rain hat. I have a nice rain hat from REI called a Seattle Sombrero, completely waterproof and keeps the rain off your face really well. In a pinch, baseball hats work okay, too. Ponchos are great, but they don't keep the rain off your face!

Low 70's, high 60's? :scared1:

If the kids don't get to go swimming...oh my...not going to be a good week for me.

Why oh why can we not have pleasant weather with very little rain? This is our ONE chance to go for a VERY long time...ugh :(

Low 70's, high 60's? :scared1:

If the kids don't get to go swimming...oh my...not going to be a good week for me.

Why oh why can we not have pleasant weather with very little rain? This is our ONE chance to go for a VERY long time...ugh :(

I don't know what kind of weather your kids are used to, but my kids and I have gone swimming when it was a high of 65 degrees and raining. You might be surprised. Kids are pretty determined. :)

I admit, I'm hoping for some sunshine when we go in a couple weeks, but I like morning rain, which tends to encourage people to sleep in, which means smaller crowds in the parks for the first couple hours. Our best ever morning at MK was like that, dashing between Fantasyland indoor rides with no lines.

I don't know what kind of weather your kids are used to, but my kids and I have gone swimming when it was a high of 65 degrees and raining. You might be surprised. Kids are pretty determined. :)

I admit, I'm hoping for some sunshine when we go in a couple weeks, but I like morning rain, which tends to encourage people to sleep in, which means smaller crowds in the parks for the first couple hours. Our best ever morning at MK was like that, dashing between Fantasyland indoor rides with no lines.

LOL...yes they will be determined. They probably wouldn't be concerned with any rain or if it was 50 degrees outside!

I do hope and pray for some sunshine. We had freezing rain here in NC this morning :(

LOL...yes they will be determined. They probably wouldn't be concerned with any rain or if it was 50 degrees outside!

I do hope and pray for some sunshine. We had freezing rain here in NC this morning :(

Kids don't seem to be bothered by the weather to the same extent that we adults are. They think nothing of jumping into a pool in 70 degree weather. I need it to be pushing 90 before I get into water unless it's well heated. You'll probably find that the children are pretty much oblivious to the weather unless it stops them doing something they want to do.

What forecasts are you all looking at ? I am looking at weather channel - isolated rain next Monday then little chance of rain until Thursday - I have been seeing the forecast change several times in one day. Low 70s will be better for touring (maybe not swimming) - I'm okay with that - especially after our unusually cold winter!

Just hope it stays dry for ds' marching band on the 25th - everyone cross your fingers for good weather over MK at 2:30 p.m.!

I refuse to worry about the weather. Worrying doesn't change anything but your enjoyment.

Just pack a poncho, a spare set of shoes, and if you were also planning on going to the beach, have a Plan B.

I understand the forecast can change and certainly hope it does. What concerns me is the forecast shows cloudy and cool with rain vs a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Afternoon thunderstorms are sporadic and short lived. A high of 70 degrees and cloudy with rain seems to indicate more widespread showers. But like I said, I know it can change. Still a ways out. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am going to be there next week and will be prepared if it rains so nothing will stop us. Have raincoats and lightweight umbrellas that will be easy to take along just in case. I think if I am prepared no problem. I would rather deal with the rain than the cold and snow!

Does anyone know if you are allowed to take umbrellas in the parks? I know some places won't let you , and I haven't checked Disneys site yet. If we have umbrellas and ponchos, we will be set. Just no lightening please. :)

I am going to be there next week and will be prepared if it rains so nothing will stop us. Have raincoats and lightweight umbrellas that will be easy to take along just in case. I think if I am prepared no problem. I would rather deal with the rain than the cold and snow!

I am hoping for a lot of pool and water park time. 80's and sunny please!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Here is what my local news station app says for next week. Though still it is not reliable... but likely closer than national weather:

Saturday 81 Low of 60 Precipitation 20% Chance
Sunday 82 61 10
Monday 76 59 70
Tuesday 71 55 60
Wednes 73 58 10
Thursd 76 62 60

That is as far as it goes.

We are planning our beach day on Saturday. Hoping to get some water park days in next week since it is Spring Break.

We've been to Disney a whole lot over the last twenty years and I can honestly only think of 1 or 2 trips where it didn't rain at least once. Most trips there's a rainstorm almost every day.

You might assume it's only summer, when the heat builds and generates the storms every afternoon- but it's year round, doesn't matter what time of year it is (the rain tends to be harder, as in more inches per hour, in the summer, but it rains a lot year round there). For example, we were there the last two NYE weeks and it rained both years, numerous days, and quite a bit of rain. Not quite summer monsoon bad, but enough associated lightning where some rides were shut down for the entire afternoon.

We have been there in literally every single month of the year, except November (for some reason we've never gone in November), and we have always seen rain no matter what. Summer tends to have these huge heat-build up cloudburst downpours, and winter tends to have waves of showers that drizzle and last awhile.

Never go to disney without a raincoat or poncho (or the money to pay them for one when you get caught out in a downpour :) ).

Does anyone know if you are allowed to take umbrellas in the parks? I know some places won't let you , and I haven't checked Disneys site yet. If we have umbrellas and ponchos, we will be set. Just no lightening please. :)

Yes you can. If you don't remember to take your own, both the parks and the resorts sell umbrellas as well (they aren't good quality, I recommend taking one).

Umbrellas are allowed in the parks but NOT in Champion stadium. Just a note in case you decide to take in a game.

Here is what my local news station app says for next week. Though still it is not reliable... but likely closer than national weather:

Saturday 81 Low of 60 Precipitation 20% Chance
Sunday 82 61 10
Monday 76 59 70
Tuesday 71 55 60
Wednes 73 58 10
Thursd 76 62 60

That is as far as it goes.

We are planning our beach day on Saturday. Hoping to get some water park days in next week since it is Spring Break.

I will be okay with this (although would prefer the 71 to be 75 :p). Just no 60s! :headache: :sad: :scared:

I have been looking at the weather too. We live in North FL and it has been chilly here. I hope the forcast changes, we want it to be nice while we are there.

According to weather.com (whom I trust more than many other yahoos) the only mildly wet day will be Monday with 30% chance of rain followed by Wednesday at 10%. Now several days do look cloudy but no rain.

I also believe in the power of positive thinking. I've been pushing the clouds far away with my mind - and it's working! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter