• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Rain 4) Mom spaces out!!

DisMomRN

Earning My Ears
Same players, different day, 5/6/01:

Today we go to KSC and Cocoa beach!! About 5 miles from KSC, I tell the girls to start looking in the ditches with water for alligators...and they find some!! Keeps everyone busy for awhile!!. This part of the vacation is clearly for DH, but I'm at least interested...the girls are
basically killing time so they can go to the beach!! We walk into the main area and the girls see an astronaut giving a talk....WHOA! He's even good looking!:rolleyes:
So we stop and listen...but are they hearing anything??
I look at the two oldest and their rapt attention is focused on the astronaut with smiling faces...pitiful. Dad
moves us on to the shuttle bus, Bashful likes the TVs on the ceiling. Sneezy thinks it's "kinda interesting". We pass the big building (vehicle assembly building) where they put together the ?rockets? and everyone is impressed. We stop by the building and look at parts of the actual space station that will be going into space in the next month...COOL! We go through parts of the space shuttle and being girls, are immediately curious about the bathroom situation:rolleyes: . We look at the labels for the equipment in the bathroom...paper...scraper....WHAT?? EEEUUWWW! I guess you would have to do something like that...no gravity...UUUGGGHH. I have to explain this to Bashful with Grumpy cracking up and rolling on the floor in the background...she finally gets it....."EEEUUWW, THAT"S
DISGUSTING!! All the girls decide not to pursue careers as astronauts. After various stops, we head back to the main area and tour the inside of the space shuttle on display...interesting!! The rocket booster and fuel tanks are HUGE!! The girls are all side-tracked by the small pond that holds multiple alligators and very large long-nosed turtles...they decide this is the most interesting part of KSC...SIGH. History is lost on them.
We stop for lunch and drinks and then on to Cocoa beach!! Very easy drive...we see cruise ships lined up at Port Canaveral. We park and march over the dunes to see really big waves and very soft sand...and a fair amount of people. We never had this much people on the beach with us in Oregon, even in summer!! We stake out a patch of beach. The girls and I head down to the ocean and it's WARM!! The girls are all delighted and decide to play in the water. I dig up some small coquina clams in the sand and show them all the different colors. We are amazed at the number of whales in speedos....EEEEUUUWWW. I head back to the towels to people watch, my feet are still sore. It always makes me laugh to watch people get surprised and bowled over...and then get up on their knees WITH THEIR BACK TO THE SURF and get bowled over again the very next wave! I had a great time just watching people when I look over at Grumpy...he's looking very interested down the beach... I look too, and see a girl with a tinfoil thong on and not much else!! Grumpy gets slapped silly, I redirect his attention to helping the girls find clams.:rolleyes: I look out and in the distance see 3
different cruise ships heading out to the East, one of them is Disney's!! Sneezy pulls up a towel and helps me watch the surfers...and the silly people getting bowled over in the waves!! Very fun and relaxing. We head home into the sunset, we have Pizza and Baskin & Robbins on the way home. AAAHHHH... a perfect end!!:)

Sounds like a great family vacation to me :) Don't worry about the girls they will come around ;) They will also appreciate how you cared so much about them to take them on a vacation (WDW even!!!).

as a mom of boys, I have enjoyed vicariously your touring with girls. Thanks! Pamela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter