• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Railroad refurb in October

Space Mountain is closed for several days throughout September as well.

Thank you - I saw that too but since it seems to be in spurts (a few days at a time) I didn't think that was too bad...in our case anyway - we're down there for 10 days (maybe 11 depending on what time we arrive on the 1st day). Also only DH likes Space Mt - DD thinks it's too scary in the dark so we don't ride it.

Anything else down?

I am heartbroken that pp will be closed. This is my first trip and that was the ride I was most looking forward to.

What is this going to mean for October Rope Drop shows?

I didn't even think of that :( This trip will be first time doing rope drop and I'm really looking forward to the park opening show..hopefully they still do a variation of it without the train :worried:

WDWMagic is reporting that the WDW Railroad will be closed from September 30 through October 20 in order to repair bridges #13 and #16.

NO WAY. NO WAY. NO WAY. I am going to live in denial. This is probably the thing my DS has been looking forward to the most. We have been talking for months about riding on a REAL train and how special it will be. He is sooooo excited, we talk about it and he says "All Aboard!". It never even crossed my mind that the train would close down especially for such a long rehab.

My best hope is that they don't park a train out where people can see it on the track. Maybe if he doesn't see it he will forget about it...but it is sort of hard to miss the train station when you enter the park. If we hadn't already booked our trip I would move it.

What is this going to mean for October Rope Drop shows?

Aww, geez. Now I feel extra terrible, I also told him Mickey and his friends will ride in on a train to welcome us into the park and he can't wait. Here's to hoping he forgets. I should have known better than to promise anything... kicking myself.

NO WAY. NO WAY. NO WAY. I am going to live in denial. This is probably the thing my DS has been looking forward to the most. We have been talking for months about riding on a REAL train and how special it will be. He is sooooo excited, we talk about it and he says "All Aboard!". It never even crossed my mind that the train would close down especially for such a long rehab.

My best hope is that they don't park a train out where people can see it on the track. Maybe if he doesn't see it he will forget about it...but it is sort of hard to miss the train station when you enter the park. If we hadn't already booked our trip I would move it.

Aww, poor kid! Maybe start talking up the monorail as a special futuristic train? And pray to the Disney gods it doesn't go into refurb...

Aww, poor kid! Maybe start talking up the monorail as a special futuristic train? And pray to the Disney gods it doesn't go into refurb...

I think that is exactly what we will do. I might start calling it the monorail "train". I just told DH and he said we can look into moving the trip by one day and if it's not too much to move it forward one day to see the train we can :rotfl: We are all crazy!

I was really bummed about the railroad, too. We are going in October and had purchased a Disney Steam Train tour for my train fanatic son's 10th birthday. We planned to tell him on his birthday in August, knowing he'd be thrilled. About six weeks ago I got a phone call from Disney saying the tour was canceled. Initially I thought they meant that they were no longer doing the tour. But then they told me it was temporary due to railroad track replacement and the tracks would be down about a month from the end of September through October. We've been wanting to do this tour with him but he needs to be 10. Guess we get to wait another year! Oh, well. I know we will still have a great time. Just haven't broken the news to him that there won't be ANY train rides on this upcoming trip!

Runmommyrun - that is a big bummer! That would have been very special.

And a big thank you to the original poster of this thread. We are adding a day to the beginning of our trip and we actually saved $270 on our flights which will make up for the extra hotel night, and DS will get to ride the train! :cool1:

We might ride it 10 times that day so that he gets it out of his system before they close it the next day :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter