Raglan Road - Would you recommend it?

RR was our favorite meal during our trip earlier this month. We had 8:30PM reservations & my kids are 10 and 12. The food & service were fantastic! The Irish dancers do move around the restaurant, so if you sit in an area away from the band/stage, you will still get to see Irish dancing. My girls take Irish dance lessons & the dancers were very kind to them, posed for pictures with them & even let them perform a little routine on stage with the band. I had the bangers & mash, which was fabulous!! DH had a cheeseburger & he said it was great. Didn't seem too loud to us, just a fun atmosphere. It's also a good place for large groups---they easily accommodated our group of 17. :)

Absolutely. Our favourite DTD TS restaurant. The selection is quite impressive for a WDW restaurant.

I am torn on this restaurant.

My family of five enjoyed our meal VERY MUCH. However, we went with another family of five and they hated it ???

The reason I am torn though is that both my nephews have peanut allergies and both got very sick. The restaurant staff was AWFUL at this time and insisted it wasn't their food (they both got the same thing and we hadn't eaten a thing prior to eating there for at least 4 hours!) It was the only place in all of Disney that we had any issues.

Oh wow...I'm so glad you posted this b/c this is HUGE issue for us. DD5 is peanut and tree nut allergic, and I work very hard to try and make sure she is reaction free. She had a horrible full blown anaphylactic reaction that had flares for 3 weeks and the last time she ingested tree nuts she was head to toe in hives in less than 10 min with hours of gastro issues the last time she ate something with peanut cross contamination issues. While her gastro reactions take a little while, anaphylactic reactions are nearly immediate. :sick: i.e. there's no shifting blame.

We enjoy dining at WDW b/c every place is soooooo allergy friendly and works so hard on keeping us safe. As much as I want to eat here, I don't think I can take the risk. I just did a short list online and have found several other instances of nut allergic people having issues at Raglan Road. In one case- after discussing the child's allergies w/the waiter and mgr- the chef still made him a dessert with almonds. Something about trying to claim it was a large oat until the chef confirmed that it was in fact a nut. :mad:

Sad :sad2: but I'd rather skip it that have to go to the ER on night 1. Thanks for posting this! :goodvibes

From what I've seen Disney Restaurants are awesome at dealing with allergies, maybe you should call and specify on the reservation so they can be aware ahead of time.

Last year was our first visit, and here is my video review!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B3ZHESSWyA&feature=plcp

Check it out! I also have lots of other video reviews of Disney Restaurants on my YouTube channel. I LOVED RR, DH HATED it.

I'm physically drooling over the soda bread as we speak. I'm gonna go get a napkin.

We are thinking about adding a day at the beginning of our trip. So, essentially two days to relax after our drive before hitting the parks. We should be arriving mid to late morning on day 1 and DH and I are going to trade off entertaining the girls while the other makes up for lost sleep. We never make it to DTD, so I thought while we have the time, it might be nice and fun to try Raglan Road that first night. The menu looked pretty cool and the entertainment seemed like a great way to start off a trip. Our girls will be 4 and 6 at the time and we work very hard on encouraging them to try new and interesting foods. It also looks like a pretty nice drinks menu and we're sleeping in the next morning and hoping for a pool day (switched to Beach Club) so we can probably have a few :goodvibes

So, if you've eaten here...did you like it? Would you recommend it for kids? Were the various beers/ales/drinks good?

My DS6 actually asked if we were going to go back this trip :goodvibes he LOVED the mac-n-cheese and the dancers....have fun!

From what I've seen Disney Restaurants are awesome at dealing with allergies, maybe you should call and specify on the reservation so they can be aware ahead of time.

Check it out! I also have lots of other video reviews of Disney Restaurants on my YouTube channel. I LOVED RR, DH HATED it.

I'm physically drooling over the soda bread as we speak. I'm gonna go get a napkin.

It's noted on our reservation like usual and I always make it a point to talk to our server and the chef or a floor mgr, but most of the bad situations I've read about started the same way. i.e. noted on the ressie and spoke to all of the right people, but yet somehow the unthinkable happens. I understand they are not Disney owned, and while many non-Disney owned places handle this well, it could be part of the reason. I'm sure it doesn't happen all of the time, but I just don't know if I can take the risk when I know the outcome could be life threatening if we encounter issues.

I'll have to check out your channel! Thanks! :goodvibes

Do any of you know when the dancers start? We're have a reservation around 5pm - I'm hoping that my DD5 will get to see them, she loves watching her older cousins compete.

Raglan Road for us is a new must for us.

You see we always check out and head over to DTD for shopping and lunch. Our usual lunch stop was Earl of Sandwich.. But last year we decided to try RR after the line for EOS was all the way outside. We were really surprised, it was not very busy at all we went straight to a table with out waiting compared to the evenings when things are a bit hurried and your are waiting for a table. We had a nice relaxed lunch... no rush it was a great way to end our trip. I can see us adding that to our trip plans for the future. The food and service was great.

On a note we still love EOS they do have the best sandwiches at the WDW, we will just grab something early on from there.

I think that the dancers and music begin around 8:30ish, as we have eaten at RR around 7:00pm and they were setting up on our way out.

Gosh I can't remember what time we were there. It was January and it was still daylight when we left, so definitely before 7. They were outside in front dancing when we arrived and then moved inside to the stage.

I've been lurking on this thread, trying to decide about a ressie there, but just had to say bunkkinsmom...thanks for the video review! It was awesome.

PS - I believe the dancers start at 5:30 pm, the band later. It's on the RR website. http://www.raglanroad.com/entertainment

We just had an early dinner there today (we were in the area). Raglan Road is on our top five list for restaurants at WDW and we sometimes drive down just to have dinner there. Today wasn't planned, we were in Orlando doing some shopping and went to Raglan Road on the spur of the moment. Today we shared the sausage forest appetizer and each had fish and chips. We've never been disappointed there. I passed on the beer today since I had to drive back up the turnpike, but they do have a good selection. For the most part, the WDW restaurants not run by Disney are significantly better than those Disney has ruined in recent years.

RR is loud, but it's supposed to be loud with the music and such. I can't stand the restaurants (Coral Reef comes to mind) that are loud when they shouldn't be.

We never make a ressie before 7pm--you might miss some of the entertainment. Lots of kids at that hour so no worries there.

I second that they are great with large parties. They didn't rush us, made sure we were never thirsty ;), and the entertainment stopped by the group. Great time.

From my picture of the taps, they have Harp, Guinness, Boddingtons, Smithwicks, Bass, strongbow, Murphys, Newcastle, Tucher, and Stella Artois (obviously this could have changed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter