Raglan Road question

king4aday

Earning My Ears
Hello:

I am currently in the planning stages for a trip in March (yeah it's coming soon). I am traveling with my brother, sister in law, and 11 year old niece. We arrive in Orlando at 5:30pm so we figured we would go to DS and eat and then do some shopping before settling into the hotel.

With that being said I was able to get ADR for Raglan Rd for around 7:30pm. My question is at this time of night is the restaurant suitable for an 11 year old? If I remember right Raglan is where Pleasure Island used to be and I wasn't sure if it was more of an adult or family atmosphere.

Thanks for the advice!

Hello:

I am currently in the planning stages for a trip in March (yeah it's coming soon). I am traveling with my brother, sister in law, and 11 year old niece. We arrive in Orlando at 5:30pm so we figured we would go to DS and eat and then do some shopping before settling into the hotel.

With that being said I was able to get ADR for Raglan Rd for around 7:30pm. My question is at this time of night is the restaurant suitable for an 11 year old? If I remember right Raglan is where Pleasure Island used to be and I wasn't sure if it was more of an adult or family atmosphere.

Thanks for the advice!
Very much so. There is a band and dancing going on so it can be loud, but it 100% a family atmosphere. Even with there being a bar in there. I would have no issues taking a kid (especially an 11 year old).

Totally agree with Lily. We had our four year old there well past 8 with no issues at all

I agree it is totally family friendly. An 11 yo girl will probably love the Irish Step Dancers.

But I think you ADR is WAY to early.
Are you flying ? Are you taking DME or renting a car? Where are you staying?
Without any flight delays -which are actually pretty common - you may land at 5:30. Then it averages about 30 minutes to DME bus area. The conventional wisdom is to allow about 90 minutes to reach your resort from MCO. Then you need to check in, go to your room and drop your carry ons off freshen up a bit and then go to DS transportation area and wait for either bus or boat to get to DS. If you will be driving take a bit of time off these estimates, but not a lot.
I would cancel ADR with Disney and book at least an hour later through Open Table. They don't have the $10/person no show fee.
Actually if it was me I would not head to Raglan Road on travel day at all. It is a tiring day. I would check out my resort and settle in get agoodnights sleep for a long week ahead
Good Luck

I agree with Hopefully. While RR is definitely family friendly, I wouldn't make any ADR if I was arriving by plane that late in the day. If you arrive on time and if you are renting a car, you might make it to DS in time if you drive there directly, instead of checking into your resort. But I think that rushing to a restaurant without having a chance to freshen up after a day of travelling is a stressful way to start a vacation.

I'd recommend going on the MDE app when you arrive at your resort and book a dinner reservation then. You'll have plenty of options to choose from, and you won't get dinged for missing a reservation if you are running late.

Just this morning we made a 6pm reservation for Raglan Road for this summer...will the place be hopping at that time or will it be too early? We love all things Irish and were really hoping that the music and dancing will have started by that point without it getting too late and "crazy" for our 6, 9, and 11 year old.

We love both the food and atmosphere at Raglan Road. Pleasure Island is long gone and the only place at WDW not suitable for kids is Victoria and Albert's.

Just this morning we made a 6pm reservation for Raglan Road for this summer...will the place be hopping at that time or will it be too early? We love all things Irish and were really hoping that the music and dancing will have started by that point without it getting too late and "crazy" for our 6, 9, and 11 year old.

If you have a late morning early afternoon free on a Saturday or Sunday, they have a great Weekend Brunch. (Brunch menu AND the full regular menu) entertainment starts at noon. It's a great way to experience RR.

The music is throughout the day as well as the dancing. 6PM should be perfect!

Hello:

Thanks for the advice!

Raglan Road is a family place, no worries with niece 11, There is a outside area with tables, and normally some type entertainment, 2 weekends ago it was a single female entertainer, she was quite good, and the step dancers come out about every 45 minutes or so and do a little performance. If it is a nice night I would go this route as its not a loud as inside. Don't get me wrong inside is very nice it does get loud, with the band and dancing going on. I personally would not request to sit up front near the band, not unless you plan on not talking to each other the whole time. As another suggestion, The Forest of Scallops is wonderful and a must try in our opinion.

On the timing I would switch times to maybe 8:00 to 8:15, especially if you are taking ME, there is a chance that you might have more than one resort stop, plus check in when others are checking in can cause a back up. With adding in check in, finding your room, a quick freshen up, walk to bus stop, bus wait, and ride. You might feel better with a bit more wiggle room.

Enjoy your trip. pixiedust:

Thank you all for your suggestions...I also got to thinking about the timing and pushed the reservation back to 8:30 to give us more time. This is the first time I have ever eaten here and I am very excited about it :D. I decided keep the reservation there because we were planning on going to DS the first night anyways. Its turned into kind of a tradition that we go there the first day and then hit the theme parks strong the following day. Who knows..I might even head over to boardwalk and hit Jellyrolls after the brother's family goes back to their hotel :D

Thank you all for your suggestions...I also got to thinking about the timing and pushed the reservation back to 8:30 to give us more time. This is the first time I have ever eaten here and I am very excited about it :D. I decided keep the reservation there because we were planning on going to DS the first night anyways. Its turned into kind of a tradition that we go there the first day and then hit the theme parks strong the following day. Who knows..I might even head over to boardwalk and hit Jellyrolls after the brother's family goes back to their hotel :D

That is our tradition as well.

I had no idea you could use Open Table for Raglan Road. I just cancelled my own ADR for our arrival night and went through OT. Thanks all. Even though I was giving us 4 1/2 between landing and our reservation, I was still worried about having some airport horror story and getting dinged $30 for not showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter