Raglan Road - Gluten Free

imboardgamedawn

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Raglan Road offers Fish and Chips Gluten free? I know that Rose and Crown offers a baked fish and chips that is gluten free, but I am interested in finding some authentic fried (gluten free) fish and chips. ***authentic is clearly meaning just fried. :)

I haven't been to Raglan, but did visit Cooke's of Dublin next door. The BEST gluten free fried fish I have ever had. I skipped the chips and went for the onion rings, definitely worth it. It is definitely top of the list for my return trip.

Yes they do. I was told they could make almost anything from their menu gluten free.

Yes! They have the best fish & chips I've ever had- even my gluten eating hubby agreed it was the best battered fish he's ever tried! Make sure you order the parmesian skinny fries, they might charge you a buck or two more to swap them in but they are gold, pure gold!
They also have the most incredible onion rings! Seriously a must get!

To be honest, we've tried both Cooke's and Raglan and we noticed a significant increase in quality sitting down at the restaurant. Not sure if this is because it was busy at Cooke's when we went but what we got at Raglan was light years ahead of Cooke's. Cooke's was still good, but Raglan is incredible. :)

Yes also they will make any of the fried dishes with their gluten free batter, we got the Dalkey Duo made gluten free last time we were there and everyone (even those who aren't gluten free) thought it was really good and ate it without any problems.

I'm gluten free but my mom isn't, though she will eat gluten free with me a lot of times and she had tried both the original fish and chips (her meal) and the GF fish and chips (my meal) and said she preferred the GF batter over the original.

I agree Raglan Road's fish and onion rings are amazing! My gluten-eating family raved about the onion rings.
That's it... this thread has influenced me... we are going to try this place for sure on our next trip!:cheer2:

Here's a tip our server gave us....if you email Raglan Road and ask, they will send you the recipe for their gf fish and chips. :-)

Here's a tip our server gave us....if you email Raglan Road and ask, they will send you the recipe for their gf fish and chips. :-)

Any chance you emailed for the recipe? I am just wondering if there is any egg or corn involved (as we have those issues as well as Celiac.)

My DH who isn't gluten free prefers the GF stuff over the regular. My kids and I who are all GF (among many other things including egg but not corn) will split orders of breaded fried fish, shrimp, and scallops with onion rings. SOOOOOOO good!!!!!! We go to DTD specifically for this and Erin McKenna's bakery.

Any chance you emailed for the recipe? I am just wondering if there is any egg or corn involved (as we have those issues as well as Celiac.)
Yes, I have the recipe. There's no egg or corn in the recipe. The batter is very simple and uses Bob's Red Mill GF flour. I looked at the ingredients online and didn't see corn listed in their flour blend. ???

You can email them to clarify if they're still using the same recipe. hello@raglanroad.com

HTH!

I hope Raglan Road is more careful with allergies than they were a few years ago. We dined there with my son who is anaphylactic to peanut and likely also to shellfish and tree nuts. The thing about tree nuts is they don't (at his age anyway) test for each individual nut so we just avoid all tree nuts. It was marked on the reservation, we told the server and the guy who seemed to be handling the allergies. When my son was served a dessert with almonds in it the man overseeing the servers first of all tried to pretend it was giant oats (in a crumble dessert) and then finally agreed it was almonds and they had messed up. They were VERY ungracious about the whole thing and never ever ever ever would I trust them - EVER. This restaurant has been the ONLY place we've ever been (in or outside of Disney) that has served him nuts when being told not to - and then the guy tried to lie about it.

I now how serious it is for those who avoid gluten (such as for celiac) so I hope they have changed and are indeed more careful - back when this happened and I posted to this board about it, others also noted their problems at RR dining with allergies.

Last edited:
I now how serious it is for those who avoid gluten (such as for celiac) so I hope they have changed and are indeed more careful - back when this happened and I posted to this board about it, others also noted their problems at RR dining with allergies.

I am sorry this happened and more sorry about how it was handled. I have to say that this can and unfortunately does happen at any restaurant. We have had issues at Disney but they are better than most. I know they try very hard to make it safe and sometimes that doesn't happen. I do think they try and learn from theses things though and hope that when these things do happen, they can learn form them to make it safer for the next customer.

I am sorry this happened and more sorry about how it was handled. I have to say that this can and unfortunately does happen at any restaurant. We have had issues at Disney but they are better than most. I know they try very hard to make it safe and sometimes that doesn't happen. I do think they try and learn from theses things though and hope that when these things do happen, they can learn form them to make it safer for the next customer.

Certainly it can happen anywhere but how they handled it was really unprofessional. Considering the dish with the almonds went by three people who knew about his allergies before it got to us and then they tried denying that was a nut! Some restaurants at Disney (owned by Disney or not) are better than others with allergies and intolerances and I'd never heard much about RR having issues until we had this happen and I posted about it here. I do hope they have changed but considering how difficult it can be to avoid cross-contamination with gluten I would suggest an especially steely eyed be on guard approach with the wait staff and management there for anyone with serious allergies and intolerances.

We just ate there Sunday. Fish, shrimp, and scallops along with onion rings were still amazing. They also now how a flourless chocolate cake made with almond flour that gluten, milk, and egg free and the only soy is in the oil they use on the pan. Delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter