Raglan Road Entertainment

Gretchen

Mouseketeer
Anybody been lately? What entertainment do they have and when does it start? I read somewhere that they have irish dancing? That would be cool!
Gretchen

I'm not 100% sure as I have never been but I was told by Disney Dining CM when I made my ressi that there is one dancer and starts around 9:00. Somewhere else on this board, I read that there was a band. Can anyone who has been verify this? Thankyou I made my ressie for 8:45 based on this info.

I will be there in the near future and will report back. :)
Funny when I made my ADR I asked about the dancer and was told it was most any night and all evening. I made a 6:00 ADR and was told I would be able to see the dancer then. :confused3 :rotfl2: Guess I will find out. :rotfl:

We dined at Raglan Road-twice in fact!-during our recent trip in late June. :thumbsup2 The entertainment is an Irish Band as well as a Dancer that came out from time to time during our late dinner. It was great! We had an early ADR (5:30 ish) and a later ADR (8:45, I believe) There was no band and no dancer at our earlier dinner yet the entertainment at our late dinner was great! According to the card we got when we were there, the entertainment usually starts around 9ish. We absolutely loved RR! The food, the atmosphere and the service all got a :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 from us!

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the dancer has Sun pm off and its just a band. I have an 8:15 ADR after we see Cirque. Hopefully it won't be too late for my DD6 to hang in for so we can enjoy the dancing.

The band at Raglan Road "Tuskar Rock" plays Mon - Sat nights usually around 9pm, sometimes earlier. Danielle, the dancer comes out and dances intermittently throughout the evening.

On Sundays, there is a piano player who also sings. (a little more low key.)

Ah ha - so I was sort of right!! I knew there was something different about Sunday evenings!! ;)

The band at Raglan Road "Tuskar Rock" plays Mon - Sat nights usually around 9pm, sometimes earlier. Danielle, the dancer comes out and dances intermittently throughout the evening.

On Sundays, there is a piano player who also sings. (a little more low key.)

Do tell us about the piano player! :upsidedow

To the best of my knowledge, it's an electric piano/keyboard and he sings some Irish folk and drinking songs.

Thanks!
As I am Irish too...there are drinking songs and sorrowful songs to drink to.
We are really looking forward to eating there. My daughter dances Irish and will be thrilled.
Gretchen-who is really embarrassed that she originally posted this in the wrong forum!!::guilty:

Tonight we ordered Kevin Dundan's (Head Chef at RR) cookbook. Since it will be a bit until we can return to RR, I am excited about trying out some of his wonderful recipes in the meantime! :thumbsup2

If you want to get outside the drinking songs, there are a lot of Gaelic chorals that are simply amazing. I can't recommend the group Anuna strongly enough - I'm going to see them in October!

They were the choral group that help launch Riverdance. Their official site is here.

They've added some Latin and English songs to the reportoire, but they are just wonderful to listen to. I've got my in-laws hooked on them now.

Am I the the only one when someone says Irish Drinking song I can only imagine Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, etc singing? I would love that! :lmao:

No entertainment at our meal last night. But I plan on returning. Although I just don't like to eat late in the evening so we still probably won't see the entertainment. Maybe someday. popcorn::

The "piano player" you have mentioned is Paul Duffy. Duffy played with the "Commitments" and is one of the most talented performers in the area. Check out his web site and you'll find out he is no ordinary "piano player" LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter