Rafts at quiet pools

As far as why someone would call member satisfaction on someone throwing a ball etc. You will have to ask the person who has the number on speed dial on their cell. :daisy: I hope to see you on your raft. I promise I wont splash...much. Enjoy your trip

I was wondering about the calling Member's Services as well. Why if you were going to call someone it would be them anyway??...smjj

I have personally seen adults on rafts at the turtle creek pool at OKW, and the looks would've killed you when a family or two with children showed up...it wasn't a pleasant experience watching from the sidelines while doing my laundry. Words were exchanged, splashing increased after that, finally the adults rafters left, after many more words were exchanged. Pool are for everyone HOWEVER, IMHO I believe not for rafts, unless the pool is entirely empty. These pools are small and why should children be expected to play in a small area so as not to disturb adults on rafts. I did take my grandson out of a BCV hot tub one night cause he didnt comply with my no splashing since there were other adults in the tub. I don't want to start another issue about kids in hot tubs.

I have personally seen adults on rafts at the turtle creek pool at OKW, and the looks would've killed you when a family or two with children showed up...it wasn't a pleasant experience watching from the sidelines while doing my laundry. Words were exchanged, splashing increased after that, finally the adults rafters left, after many more words were exchanged. Pool are for everyone HOWEVER, IMHO I believe not for rafts, unless the pool is entirely empty. These pools are small and why should children be expected to play in a small area so as not to disturb adults on rafts. I did take my grandson out of a BCV hot tub one night cause he didnt comply with my no splashing since there were other adults in the tub. I don't want to start another issue about kids in hot tubs.

You just did! <grin>

You write Member Satisfaction to discuss your dissatisfaction about members or guests taking over the pool and being rude.

You write Member Satisfaction to discuss your dissatisfaction about members or guests taking over the pool and being rude.

You can and I am sure they will ignore it like they do most of the time for issues on this scale. I would think if you wanted to complain about this they would tell you you probably needed to talk to the onsite manager at the time. I am not so sure who would have a better case, the folks who expected the be able to hog the pool while floating and not wanting to get wet or the family with kids who just want to play and with that play comes some splashing. These pools are for all and I would think being at Disney people would/should expect every pool to have kids in them...smjj

These pools are smaller. Most people have the good sense to know that if the pool is crowded then the raft comes out or doesn't go in. My son grew up in DVC, 2 now 18, we frequent the "quiet pool" at Turtle Pond and usually w/ his 3 pals, they've had noodles, balls etc, to play with, yes can you imagine, playing in a pool, at Disney no less.. I raised him with enough sense and respect of other people to know when to stop, to watch out for little kids etc. but it's a pool meant for fun, it's not for adults only. If the intent is to lay on the raft without considering the space of others, that's a problem! Under the best of intentions some splashing will occur, it's a pool, for Pete's sake, a bit of tolerance and flexibility is required here! As for today's young/society, well I've done 50+ DVC Trips in the last 16 years and I've never encountered rude, rowdy, nor disrespectful behavior at the pools, quite the contrary! Now, finding an empty chair, that's a challenge! Towels looking for a tan seem to monopolize them!

Last edited:
I knew exactly where this thread would go simply because everyone has different expectation as to what is acceptable. Some think quiet pools should be that, quiet voice and quiet splashes. Others think it should be different. I not sure who is right, somewhere in the middle probably, but I love when someone starts calling others names because they disagree. That tells me lots about that person.

But I will say this, I have taken my child to Disney World for over 30 years and not once in a "quiet pool" did she splash anyone and had a great time. We also believe in quiet voices inside which includes halls, no jumping on beds and no running inside.

I personally would not put a raft in any public pool unless no one else was in there. More than likely you will get more than splashed.

I knew exactly where this thread would go simply because everyone has different expectation as to what is acceptable. Some think quiet pools should be that, quiet voice and quiet splashes. Others think it should be different. I not sure who is right, somewhere in the middle probably, but I love when someone starts calling others names because they disagree. That tells me lots about that person.

But I will say this, I have taken my child to Disney World for over 30 years and not once in a "quiet pool" did she splash anyone and had a great time. We also believe in quiet voices inside which includes halls, no jumping on beds and no running inside.

I personally would not put a raft in any public pool unless no one else was in there. More than likely you will get more than splashed.
As I alluded to, Disney has created this issue to a degree by their choice of labels they've used (at times). My info suggests they never intended to infer a method of usage, rather an expectation of amenities. However, simply by the label, many have assumed the label implied usage style. Even employees and various websites and blogs have taken this stance at time so it's understandable that anyone who knew they were labeled "quiet pools" might also assume that implied proper usage style. However, at the end of the day, any stance that the label indicated usage expectations would be a case of people making up rules as I understand it but sometimes this even includes CM which we've seen with MS at times as well for other issues. But like those on both sides this is just my interpretations in the absence of a specific stated policy from Disney. I don't think anyone would argue that common courtesy should be in place, it just isn't sometimes.

As I recall, the official label of the non-feature pools was changed to "leisure pool" quite some time ago. This is the description of the pools at BWV from the official site:

Luna Park Pool
Go for a dip at this carnival-themed pool, home to a 200-foot-long Keister Coaster waterslide. Recalling a boardwalk amusement park of the 1920s, the 184,217-gallon Luna Park Pool also features grinning elephant statues that spout water from their trunks and vintage-looking show posters that line the pool area.

Adults can feel nostalgic in a whirlpool spa while little ones will surely want to splash it up in the kiddie pool.

Nearby, a lounge and bar offer refreshments and snacks.

2 Leisure Pools
Guests seeking a tranquil swimming experience can choose from 2 leisure pools. One is located in the Rose Garden Courtyard and the other is located next to the Community Hall building. Both

The Congress Park pool at SSR would accommodate a raft. I've never seen one there.

2 Leisure Pools
Guests seeking a tranquil swimming experience can choose from 2 leisure pools. One is located in the Rose Garden Courtyard and the other is located next to the Community Hall building. Both

Definition of Tranquil.....Free from commotion or tumult; peaceful; quiet; calm or free from or unaffected by disturbing emotions; unagitated; serene, placid.

that is all I have on this subject.

instead of a raft there are net seats that you can buy at walmart that go on noodles. It allows a person to sit in this, like a seat and does not take up any more room than the person themself. I love these for BC and the lazy river. Plus they do not take up room in your luggage and we just leave our noodles on our last day so the next person can use them.

here is a link to them
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Wave...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

There's splashes from getting into the pool. There's unintentional splashes. Both are fairly understandable. But I have to say that anyone - kids and adults - should be considerate of other guests and if the play is causing multiple splashes it should be changed and if necessary to wait until such play won't so negatively impact another guest. I'm not certain which was happening with your referred to instance but one is quite different than the other.

How about understanding that no one family owns the pool, and if you wish to float or splash, keep it to one area of the pool? Floating in the middle and refusing to move sounds a bit selfish, imho. If someone wants a pool without other people bothering them, then they need to rent a home with a pool. Otherwise odds are other people will be there too.

How about understanding that no one family owns the pool, and if you wish to float or splash, keep it to one area of the pool? Floating in the middle and refusing to move sounds a bit selfish, imho. If someone wants a pool without other people bothering them, then they need to rent a home with a pool. Otherwise odds are other people will be there too.

That is exactly what I was saying more than once here - it is not anybody's individual pool at home and everyone - kids and adults alike need to be considerate.

If you plan on using a raft in the quiet pools, just be sure to bring along a few bags of Cheetos Mix-Ups.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter