Radisson Shuttle Reservations - No Early Shuttle Booking

TiggerKing

If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go
Just got off the phone with Radisson. Due to the large number of reservations and cancellations they have been having, they will no longer let you book shuttle reservations more than a couple of weeks ahead of time. This causes me great concern about the ability to get a decent time for a shuttle reservation.

The person at the Radisson even said that they are considering not allowing ANY advance reservations, and you will only be able to sign up when you check in.

Did they tell you if they are cancelling the reservations that they have already taken? :( That is totally rediculous IMO since their shuttle service is one of the reasons that people stay there.

lbgraves said:
Did they tell you if they are cancelling the reservations that they have already taken? :( That is totally rediculous IMO since their shuttle service is one of the reasons that people stay there.
The interesting part of this is that I received an e-mail a few days ago in response to a question about the shuttle. The person who sent the e-mail said that I could sign up anytime after I made the reservation. So, when I call today, I am told the facts I stated above. I don't think they will cancel any, but they are definitely not taking any more than a couple of weeks in advance.

I am trying a work-around and responded to the e-mail I received asking for my shuttle reservation. I will let you know what happens.

Oh heck. I think I am calling to see what is going on. Sorry about that TiggerKing.

Jsme said:
Oh heck. I think I am calling to see what is going on. Sorry about that TiggerKing.
Let me know what you find out! I will definitely be interested to hear it.

TiggerKing said:
The interesting part of this is that I received an e-mail a few days ago in response to a question about the shuttle. The person who sent the e-mail said that I could sign up anytime after I made the reservation. So, when I call today, I am told the facts I stated above. I don't think they will cancel any, but they are definitely not taking any more than a couple of weeks in advance.

I am trying a work-around and responded to the e-mail I received asking for my shuttle reservation. I will let you know what happens.

I sent you a pm TiggerKing.
I just got off the phone with the Radisson. I confirmed my reservation for the shuttle on September 1 at 10:00 am.

I question what TiggerKing said and the guy who helped me said they do normally like to wait to 2 weeks out to make reservations for the shuttle but he said if a guest is adamant about making the shuttle reservation they will go ahead and make it for the guest. I was not adamant when making my reservation. I actually had no questions adked at all when I made my reservation for the hotel and the shuttle. I spoke with a lady named Bridgette who was wonderful. I do not know if we were given special treatment or not. We have stayed there any times and they have all of my information in there system.

When I called last month the person first told me to call a couple weeks before but others had made reservations for our time already. I didn't want to be stuck on the last shuttle so we asked for the 10 am. She put me on hold & then said that she would put my name & the number of people for that date when they bring out the book for that time. They only seem to keep a book for a couple months ahead available. It would make more sense to me if they just used a book that went at least 6 months out. :(

lbgraves said:
When I called last month the person first told me to call a couple weeks before but others had made reservations for our time already. I didn't want to be stuck on the last shuttle so we asked for the 10 am. She put me on hold & then said that she would put my name & the number of people for that date when they bring out the book for that time. They only seem to keep a book for a couple months ahead available. It would make more sense to me if they just used a book that went at least 6 months out. :(

They do have a reservations book they use. I agree a 6 month time frame would be good. I still can't believe the guy I spoke with told me if a guest is adamant they will then make the ressie. Heck, I asked to do is make a reservation for a room and then asked to book the shuttle. Bridgette never asked anything. She just put me on hold and went to get the book and made our shuttle time.

The last time we stayed at the Radisson in May 2003, you could only make your reservations when you checked in. We arrived about 2 PM and were able to get an early shuttle. At that time it was mass chaos waiting to get on the shuttle.

It sounds like we will probably be using our backup plan then. Oh well, We have a van & our friends are renting a car so we can both go to the terminal have the guys drop us off with the luggage, get a porter to take the luggage & go check in while the guys drive over to budget & drop off the rental, drop off our van at the Rad, and then have the guys jump on the next shuttle. With no luggage to worry about that shouldn't be a problem.

The first time I called to schedule our shuttle time I was told to call back closer to departure date. The next week I called back for another question but reached another person she was so sweet she scheduled the shuttle right then so maybe it's just who you get on the phone. :confused3

lbgraves said:
It sounds like we will probably be using our backup plan then. Oh well, We have a van & our friends are renting a car so we can both go to the terminal have the guys drop us off with the luggage, get a porter to take the luggage & go check in while the guys drive over to budget & drop off the rental, drop off our van at the Rad, and then have the guys jump on the next shuttle. With no luggage to worry about that shouldn't be a problem.

You can make the reservation ahead of time. When is your cruised planned for? If it is this year, I would call now and make them put you on there list. I made my reservations about 3 weeks ago for one night (August 31) and had no problem what so ever. I was transferred to Bridgette and told her I wanted to make a reservations for that date and I had AAA and I also mentioned that I wanted to go ahead and make my shuttle appointment. After making my reservation she put me on hold to get the shuttle apointment book. She NEVER once told me I needed to wait closer to my cruise. I was very polite with her the whole time, never adament at all. She made my reservations for my room and the shuttle with no questions asked.

I have no idea why I had no problems in booking. Although, I have stayed there several times and all of my information is in the system. We have the Radisson Rewards Hotel card to earn points for free stays. All I can say I was very nice and never once acted like I did not know what I was doing. I can say each person is different. If you get a run around, I would just call back and see if you get another person. They do want your business.

The person I talked to finally did say that she would put a note in the book to put us on the 12/10 shuttle but I doubt her sincerity. If this creates a problem with boarding like someone noted, we will just get to the port on our own. It's not worth a hassle & I do like to be one of the first at the terminal.

Well, I had e-mailed Bridgett on Friday to see if she would put me on the schedule. In her wonderful, cordial way, she gladly put me on the schedule at the time I requested. Sounds like Bridgett is the Radisson's version of Debbie!

But, if I didn't contact her directly, it would have been quite a pain to have to "make a deal" out of the reservation to get it done prior to 2 weeks out. It is a shame that a customer should have to make a big deal out of something to get a service that a business owner offers.

We used the Radisson in December and were able to make reservations for the shuttle. That being said, when we checked in the night before, I questioned the reservation and he made sure we were on the first shuttle. Then the next morning, the bus pulled up to take us to the port. Not a soul checked names or reservations. Didn't seem to matter who was scheduled to be on it. It was a regular charter bus and not just a shuttle type bus. Maybe because there were so many of us wanting to go early and that's why they had a regular bus. Or, for that matter, maybe that's what they always use. :confused3

stingfancb said:
We used the Radisson in December and were able to make reservations for the shuttle. That being said, when we checked in the night before, I questioned the reservation and he made sure we were on the first shuttle. Then the next morning, the bus pulled up to take us to the port. Not a soul checked names or reservations. Didn't seem to matter who was scheduled to be on it. It was a regular charter bus and not just a shuttle type bus. Maybe because there were so many of us wanting to go early and that's why they had a regular bus. Or, for that matter, maybe that's what they always use. :confused3

Do you think that day was not a busy one?

Everytime we have stayed and taken the shuttle the driver has always checked for names. They hae several type buses they use. Some larger than other ones. Sometime they even have a van they use. It just depends on who is scheduled or how many is schedule to go.

What time do you take the shuttle? I am set up for 10:30 right now, but I will be taking DW and the luggage to the port, coming back and parking and riding the shuttle by myself. Just curious what others might do.

TiggerKing said:
What time do you take the shuttle? I am set up for 10:30 right now, but I will be taking DW and the luggage to the port, coming back and parking and riding the shuttle by myself. Just curious what others might do.

You will Be fine.. why go thru all that hassle just have the shuttle take you all over as a family ..

The ship does not leave until 5 pm with final boarding at 4 pm...

TiggerKing said:

Normally I shot for the first shuttle at 10:00, but if I can not get that one, we leave at 10:30.

I have to agree with Peter, don't go thru with the hassle of taking DW over than coming back. Beleive as long as you beat DCL transportation you are fine. But, if you just want to go ahead and so this. She can check you both in and get a good spot in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter