Radisson recommendations?

veruka

Mouseketeer
Thinking of staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise because it seems like the most convenient. Is it? Is there a better alternative? We'll be flying in, renting a car and need a place to park it while we're on the cruise.

Thanks for any input y'all can offer!:wave: :wave: :wave:

I stayed there and it is only 1 mile from the port. Get the least expensive package not the 'cruise package' they may try to talk you into. They have a nice bar with an Elvis impersonator and a Jimmy Buffett impersonator. The hotel was clean and the ride to the port and back was fast.
I highly recommend it

We stayed at the Radisson in August 2003 and already have a room reserved for August 2004. We had a 2 bed king suite, it was very nice and very clean. Our room was facing the port and I got to see the Magic sail up the channel early (5:15) Saturday morning. It was neat knowing that the next time the Magic sailed away, my family and I were going to be on it!!!

We are staying there the night before our July 2004 cruise based on recommendations on these boards. Got a rate of $94 (not including tax) on Expedia.

thanks for the recommendations! I'm making my reservations at the Radisson today!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sorry to be a downer but we stayed there in Jan and it was dirty. We had to move rooms because there were ants all over the place in our original room. It is very convenient to the port but I wouldn't pay too much for your room.

Originally posted by veruka
Thinking of staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise because it seems like the most convenient. Is it? Is there a better alternative? We'll be flying in, renting a car and need a place to park it while we're on the cruise.

Thanks for any input y'all can offer!:wave: :wave: :wave:

If you're renting a car then, and looking to save a little money...I just got Doubletree Oceanfront for $39 on Priceline (3* hotel). Regular rate is $103 for our stay. $64 more I can spend on drinks and souvenirs!! :smooth:

We stayed at the Radisson, but won't do it next time. It was a bummer to drive an hour after being in the airplane. By the time we got there, it was too late to do the pool or anything fun. And, we were up so early the next morning, that we just spent a lot of time waiting and getting on each other's nerves. Plus. there were a few trouble makers that set off the fire alarm in our area once or twice. Not that that couldn't happen elsewhere, but turned us off

Next time, we'll stay at the MCO Hyatt and have a car take us to the port the next morning.

Originally posted by QueenTrident
We stayed at the Radisson, but won't do it next time. It was a bummer to drive an hour after being in the airplane. By the time we got there, it was too late to do the pool or anything fun. And, we were up so early the next morning, that we just spent a lot of time waiting and getting on each other's nerves. Plus. there were a few trouble makers that set off the fire alarm in our area once or twice. Not that that couldn't happen elsewhere, but turned us off

Next time, we'll stay at the MCO Hyatt and have a car take us to the port the next morning.

:( Sorry you had a bad experience...but you probably just helped someone make a decision whether to do a port hotel or MCO hotel!

We arrive at MCO late morning, that's the only reason I booked a port hotel. I figured we could spend the afternoon on the beach, have dinner and get to bed early.

We stayed at the Radisson in 2002 for our first Magic cruise and just two weeks ago for our 2/7 cruise. There are five of us and the 2 king suite with a pull out sofa bed is perfect for all of us and saves the hassle of roll away beds, or 3 to a bed which we all know never works :rolleyes:

For the price, the first trip was worth it because we got in early enough to swim, relax and really use the room. This past trip we arrived after 11:00pm and left at 10:00am the next morning. It probably would have been smarter since we had a rental car, to find a cheaper alternative. We have never found the place to be dirty or loud. Luck of the draw I guess and every place can end up that way.

FYI, you mentioned you needed to park a rental car, did you know you can do one way rentals into and out of Port Canaveral? It could save you a lot of money and might be worth checking out. Have a terrific trip :wave2:

Don't forget, if you are using their van to take you to the port, to make reservations. The vans fill up fast!

An hour in the car!!! Try 14 hours in a car. Lucky we have a Suburban!!!!! And we still had enough energy to go to the local pizza hut

My question is why you want to pay to keep a rental car for the week that you are gone. Other alternatives would be a one way rental with drop off near the port. WHen you get back, either get the rental again or use DCL transportation back to MCO...or a towncar service one or both ways.

Yes, we park at the port when we drive (or at an off site place), but when we fly, the one way rental or another form of transportation makes more sense, depending on our plans for the day or few days before we sail.

All of the Cocoa Beach hotels are serviced by a shuttle that costs $3 per person. Yes, the Radisson is closer, but costs quite a bit more than some other places. Using Priceline, you can get a 3* hotel either at the MCO area or the Cocoa Beach area for under $40 per night, frequently in the $32-35 range.

Sorry you had a bad experience

Well, it wasn't a bad experience, per se (except for the fire alarms, because if you know our history, you know that freaked us the heck out). But, I would just try something different. We arrived at MCO in early evening, which was nice since we didn't have to rush, rush first thing in the morning to get to the airport. So, with DD being 3 and already cooped up for the 2 1/2 hour flight, adding another 1 hour car ride was just too much for us.

I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I would have to recommend it also, we stayed there the night before our August 2003 cruise, and we got the internet rate.
-
Our room was clean, everyone we met were very nice,and also
when we arrive the friday night, the man who took our luggage was the bus driver for the ride to the port the next morning,
and he offered to pick us up right at our room door since it was kind a far from the front desk......
-

We will definitely stay there on our next cruise;)

Steff

Jenn - we were there the same time as you and NEVER heard the fire alarms - now that is scary!!!

As for recommendations, it was very worn and in need of major remodeling. Clearly they have tried some paint and new bedspreads, but that doesn't count as remodeling.

If you want a decent place and can get a decent rate, there is nothing wrong with it.

But next time we will be staying elsewhere. Just NOT worth the money when you can get a place right on the beach for cheaper.

Hope you have a great trip.

We usually stay in the 2 King Bed Suites and really enjoyed them. We got a great rate of $99 on two different pre night stays. The suites are lovely!!! There is even a jacuzzi in the bedroom area and a kitchen area and also a living room area with pull out couch. Just beware of the jucuzzi....DO NOT PUT THE JETS ON UNTIL THE WATER LEVEL IS ABOVE THEM - or else you have a geyser like we did!!!

Here are some pics of the Radisson suites.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47985246LQekGc

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61021700/61022151QUlvKK

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61021700/61021753dKijxn

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61021700/61021758wMgCCm

Two weeks ago we stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach that I booked via priceline and got for $39.00 for our pre cruise stay. It was a fine place and for $39.00 it was even better!!! It is much further from the port than the Radisson but it was not that big of a deal as we had a rental car.

Here are pics of the Doubletree rooms...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/118561394EGVZQW

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/118561413kjUWUQ

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/118561425XKWDIo

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/118561441uRLgMv

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach and I thought the rooms at the Doubletree were much nicer and larger.

MJ

We will be staying at the Radisson for our 3rd time this August. We have always had a wonderful experience, nice clean room, great pool, never had a problem leaving our car or returning a rental car to Avis or Budget.

BuzzBoyMom - Even scarier? When I called the front desk to ask if it was a real emergency, no one there even knew the alarm wa going off! They did call back later to say it was a "couple of kids." I didn't even call them the 2nd time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter