• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Radisson or Hampton Inn at the Port

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Any recent reviews on either of these hotels? We are looking to arrive Thurs. before our 7/29 Western cruise...probably do Downtown Disney before driving to the port on Thurs. and then Friday Kennedy Space Center.

Looking for feedback on:

Clean rooms
Friendly staff
Pool/amenities
Food choices/breakfast?
Location near to the port
Location near to Budget (we are renting from them)

Thanks.........

KyMattDisney said:
Any recent reviews on either of these hotels? We are looking to arrive Thurs. before our 7/29 Western cruise...probably do Downtown Disney before driving to the port on Thurs. and then Friday Kennedy Space Center.

Looking for feedback on:

Clean rooms
Friendly staff
Pool/amenities
Food choices/breakfast?

Thanks.........

We stayed at the Radisson in November and really enjoyed it. The hotel rooms were clean, but a little on the older side. The pool was great, my kids spent a lot of time in it. They had a very nice breakfast buffet, but you might want to eat early, as it seemed pretty crowed by around 9:00am. We took the shuttle from the hotel, so I am unable to help with Budget rent a car, but the shuttle ride seemed to be about 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

Ive got a room at the Hampton reserved for next Friday.

We are using points, so it was not a cost factor.

I did weigh the hot breakfast into the decision of where to stay though. Its enough to keep the kids happy until we get onboard and go to Parrot Cay......

We used the Radisson in December & while our room was ok, our friend's room was NOT. When they got into bed there was food inbetween the sheets. :( They had to wait for housekeeping to come & change everything. I also didn't care for the shuttle system because it was extremely unorganized. We were the first group out in front with our luggage for the 10 am shuttle at 9:30 but by the time an employee came out to start checking people in we were not the first to be helped. I had to leave our group & go to the other side of the area to get us on the first shuttle, which we had been scheduled for.

KyMattDisney said:
Looking for feedback on:
Clean rooms
Friendly staff
Pool/amenities
Food choices/breakfast?

We stayed at the Radisson on January 14, 2006. Here are my responses to your questions:

Clean rooms: no complaints, a slight odor that Renuzit took care of.
Friendly staff: no complaints here. Restaurant staff seemed excellent.
Pool/amenities: pool looked nice but weather didn't allow us to use them.
Food choices/breakfast?: seafood buffet on Sat. pricey, average quality, but convenient. Plenty of other food choices around. Bfast buffet was very good but like someone said, get there early.
Location near to the port: it's billed as the closest at this time but there are plenty to choose from that are probably only 5-15 minutes further.
Location near to Budget (we are renting from them): didn't use them.

To sum it up, I was neither disappointed nor overly impressed. I think we'd stay somewhere less expensive next time considering we only had time to settle in, eat dinner, shop for a bathing suit and go to bed. A lot depends on what time you expect to get in, what time of the year you're going, and what your expectations are. :confused3

we stayed at the Radisson on Jan. 6th. Thought the rooms were a bit run down, but looked clean. The pool area was nice, but as it was in the 30's that day, we didn't use the pool!! My Dh ate at the breakfast buffet and said it was good. My big problem was with the shower!! the water pressure was almost non-existant! We took the shuttle to the port and that worked out well, next time though, I'd stay somewhere else.

We stayed there in Dec. Our room was nice and clean, but a little dated. We are a family of four with a 12 and 8 year old and they put us in a room right smack by the Tiki Bar. So yes we had noise problems for a little while. The temp was in the low 60's and rainy so we didn't get to use the pool. The shuttle service was packed. We cancelled our shuttle reservations and parked at the port. This saves time when going home after the trip and you don't have to load at the port, unload at the hotel and load your car up to go home only to unload it again when you get home. We figure this saved us some valuable time.

Overall, we have decided when we go on our next cruise that we would prefer to just go 4 or 5 miles on down the road and stay at Cocoa Beach and save a little money. Besides, that's where all the good restuarants are. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter