• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Radisson or Country Inn & Suites?

UMTerp

DIS Veteran
We need to stay one night before our cruise. We have stayed at the Radisson before but it's been many years ago. I understand that they are charging for the shuttle ride to the port now. We will have a rental car so can skip the shuttle if need be.

I am considering the Country Inn & Suites as it appears to be newer/maybe not so run down?

Does anyone know if either charges for parking? If so, how much?

Anyone stay at either recently who can give me feedback? We will be staying during spring break if that makes a difference.

TIA!

UMTerp

Radisson has a package that includes parking and the shuttle. Not sure about CI&S. Radisson is fine if all you want is a place to rest your head the night before. It is nothing fancy although the pool is popular with the kiddos.

The Radisson was fine for a place to rest your head - we were there in November. We especially enjoyed the locally owned Italian restaurant across the parking lot. We got the Radisson on Priceline for $55. We drove and parked at the port. Loved that we walked off the boat, into a car and were on our way. There's nothing sexy about the Radisson but it was clean and had Sleep Number beds (so maybe a little sexy).

We always stay at the CI when staying near the port. The staff is always friendly and their rooms have always been clean.
They do have a cruise package but I honestly do not know about the price. We always park at the port so no help there.

They both have park and cruise packages. We switched to the CI&S the last couple of times as they have a breakfast buffet and their shuttle service seemed more organized.

We've done CI&S twice with their cruise package that includes their shuttle and parking for 7-days. The shuttle drivers (a married couple that each drive one of the buses) were great. If staying in the the Port Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area before a cruise, we again stay here without question (having built up Carlson Club points for a discounted future stay).

Thank you everyone! It seems like we can't really go wrong with either. We will not keep the rental car the entire time we are gone. We will return it after we check into the hotel or the next morning if we need to keep it to get to the port. I will need to see how much parking for one night at the hotel is vs. paying for a shuttle to the port.

Thanks!

UMTerp

The Radisson was fine for a place to rest your head - we were there in November. We especially enjoyed the locally owned Italian restaurant across the parking lot. We got the Radisson on Priceline for $55. We drove and parked at the port. Loved that we walked off the boat, into a car and were on our way. There's nothing sexy about the Radisson but it was clean and had Sleep Number beds (so maybe a little sexy).

You got radisson at the Port for $55....did you put specifics in to get Radisson? or you didn't care which hotel came up?

i've stayed there a couple times...one dingy room..one OK room. But my kids really like the Pool..and that McD's is easy across the street too

To the best of my memory - I bid 3* in Cape Canaveral at $50 and was declined. So I added Cocoa Beach and bid $55 and got the Radisson. There's a "science" to Priceline and biddingfortravel is a good resource. You will see that historically Radisson is the only 3* resort in Cape Canaveral. So if you start early you can get some re-bids while trying for it. We had a car so where we landed was not important. If you are depending on other services Priceline bidding is not the way to go.

Make sure if you get the Radisson you call the day before and request a renovated room, there is still a block of ones that are not.We got one last month and although the staff was great, the room was disappointing.

Is the McDonalds still across the street from the Radisson?

We have stayed at both Radisson and Country Inn, but it has been several years. So, we are also trying to decide between the 2. Really prefer McDonalds to any hotel breakfast, so maybe we'll pick the Radisson? We always like to check out the Manatee Santuary Park, and it is just behind the Radisson - so maybe another point for the Radisson?

Just want the cheapest for 1 night! Dh is a "senior" and we are AAA/AARP members. Any suggestions?

I do not think we paid for parking while staying at CI&S last year. (as in parking at the hotel for the nights we were staying there, not during the time we were cruising).

We are going to be staying at the Radisson for the night before our cruise - any thoughts on rental car vs shuttle both from the airport and to the port?

We are going to be staying at the Radisson for the night before our cruise - any thoughts on rental car vs shuttle both from the airport and to the port?

The Radisson has a shuttle so no need for rental from hotel to port. How many in your party? That will help determine best way from MCO to port.

I wouldn't suggest parking at the Radisson. Their security cameras in the parking lot are not monitored at all.

The last time we stayed at either they had gone down hill. Radisson was the worst. We now stay in Orlando the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter