Radisson Cocoa Beach

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at this resort? How was it? Did you stay in a suite? Any first hand reports would be appreciated! Thanks.

There are numerous threads on this board about the Radisson at Cocoa Beach....it is very popular with the people on this board.

But, in the meantime....we have stayed there several times and it is a very nice resort. We have stayed in the suites and they have a living room, kitchen, separate bedroom, marble shower, jacuzzi tub in the bedroom....very nice!!!

They also provide free shuttle transportation to the port which is only about 2 miles from the port.

The pool area is also very nice. Some others have stated that the rooms they had needed improvement, but the 4 times we have stayed there (regular rooms and suites) everything was fine.

You can check out www.radisson.com and for the city put cocoa beach and the rates will come up.

Here are some links to some pics we took in the 2 king bed suit.

http://community.webshots.com/album/61021700mgkcmV

Once at the link site the first 4 pics are of the Radisson, the rest are the cruise.

Here is a pic of the pool area

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47991372ToSZQh

MJ

We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port at Cocoa Beach last April. I enjoyed the resort. It has a wonderful pool with a waterfall. We did not stay in a suite, and our room was just a standard hotel room probably a little bigger than most. It was very convenient to leave the car at the hotel and to be shuttled to and from the terminal. My husband and I are going on a DCL cruise in March with two other families and we have all made reservations at this resort.

DH and I had a 1-bedroom king suite with whirlpool before our January '01 cruise. I think we paid $99 that year and we were pleased with the room. Decorated very nicely, and we loved having so much space. We stayed there again this past January and requested the same room, and got it. Loved it again. The pool area is very nice, although we didn't get to spend time there either trip.

Sorry to zoom in on your post, ttfn3, but has anyone stayed on the Radisson's sister resort the Quality Suites of Cocoa Beach?

The reason I ask is because we switched our plans and now the Radisson only has smoking rooms left (which we can't do because our daughter has asthma) and now we are booked at the Quality Suites.

Dave's DCL Tribute site says pretty good things about it and says that the Passporter also recommends it.

But has anyone actually stayed there?

Thanks!:D

Wow! You all are awesome! Thanks for the reviews and for sharing pictures. I'm actually considering staying at this hotel for Spring break with the family. Is the resort right on the beach? Sorta hard to tell from the internet.

(No problem mickeyfanmom - we all learn from each other's posts!)

No, the resort is not on the beach at all....it is on the main road. The beach would be about 2-3 miles away.

One of our friends stayed there a whole week for spring break and loved it. We have only stayed pre-cruise and wished we had more time to enjoy the resort.

MJ

We stayed at the Radisson last year and it was very nice. 2 adult couples, we had a suite.

There was a master bedroom, with a Jacuzzi tub in it. That room had a king size bed, a small closet and the sink which was outside of the toilet and shower.

The living room had a pull out couch, queen size, a table for 4 kitchen type sink and small refrig. There was also a sitting chair.

The room was very nice. We just stayed one night.

The pool area was very nice and if they had not had a freeze that night, I bet it would have been full, as well as the hot tub.

The lobby was nicely decorated for Christmas. Very festive. The staff was also very nice.

We did not have a vehicle and walked to the ocean. It was much longer than we would have thought. This is the widest part of the cape.

This year we will have a vehcile so we can explore more.

I recommend the Radisson. :D

WE STAYED THERE LAST WEEK. I CALLED MONTHS AHEAD TO RESERVE A REGULAR ROOM, ALONG WITH THE SHUTTLE.

I CALLED 2 DAYS BEFORE, AND THEY HAD US DOWN FOR THE WRONG SHUTTLE DATE. "CALL & "DOUBLE CHECK" BEFORE YOU TRIP" NO PROBLEM THEY CHANGED IT. CHECK IN(PM) WENT SMOOTHLY NO REG ROOMS LEFT. WE WERE UPGRADED TO A SUITE.

MET FELLOW DISNEY BOARD, AT THE POOL, & SHE SAID SHE REQUESTED NON SMOKING (SHE ARRIVED IN THE PM TOO) WHICH THEY HAD NONE LEFT. THEY UPGRADED HER TO A SUITE TOO.

FOR DINNER I HEARD THEY HAVE A WONDERFUL DINNER BUFFET. WENT & TO MY DISMAY "NO BUFFET" IT WAS VERY EXPENSIVE, & NOT PRACTICAL SELECTIONS FOR A FAMILY DINNER.

WE FOUND AN ITALIAN RESTAURANT NEXT DOOR CALLED "KELSEY'S PIZZA" THE FOOD WAS 5 STARS. ALL I CAN SAY IS ~GO THERE~ IT WAS PERFECT. GREAT PRICES ALSO.

NEXT MORN, SAW THE "WONDER" FROM OUR WINDOW IN THE AM. THAT WAS A REAL THRILL.

FOR BREAKFAST WE ATE IN THE RADDISON BUFFET. IT WAS REAL GOOD. I RECOMEND SOMETHING LITE, FOR YOU WILL BE EATING AROUND NOON ON THE SHIP.

THE STAFF DIDN'T TELL ME TO PARK THE RENT A CAR IN THE CRUISE LOT. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS, IF YOU ARE LEAVING YOUR CAR. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A PASS FOR THE CAR.

SHUTTLE WAS EASY & FAST.

HOPE THIS HELPS

PATRICIA

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=679945

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter