Rachel and Corey's Wishes Wedding 12/7/15 Update 4/20 HONEYMOON DAY 1

Your signs are so cute!!!

Thank you!

Your (oh my gosh now hubby?!?!) is handsome!
Love everything. Hoping everything has smoothed itself out & especially your gown. Talk about last minute stress.
Can't wait to read your updates!!

Thank you! Hopefully I will be able to do a full trip report.

:bride:HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!
party:

Thank you!!

Just started reading this....and noticed the date. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cannot wait to see photos. Loved everything you've done. :)
Thanks so much! Pictures coming soon.
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you very much!

We are back and I think I am finally ready to start talking about it. I am having some post wedding depression pretty badly so I am hoping this will help to retell some of our stories.

The weekend/following week were absolutely incredible. It was the most magical time of my entire life. I just wish I could keep replaying that entire week over. From someone who couldn't wait to have the wedding be over, I would give anything to go back. I didn't realize these emotions come with a wedding but they do, and I have been pretty sad over the past four weeks. I am trying to sneak in another disney trip to help with the pain of the wedding being over. I know I have heard brides say it goes by in a blur but I really didn't think that would happen to us because of our small group (26 including us) but it did. It is so odd, I feel like I was really drunk most of the time because everything just blurred together. I didn't remember doing certain things and had to really think about the events. I know that sounds weird but everything was pretty fuzzy. For this reason, I can't wait to get our video back!

Before I start our story here are the sneak peek pictures we have got back. I really love them! I guess the 3rd party photographers can't share disney photos anymore, which is weird because I have seen other photographers share photos. Anyways, we really love them! I can't wait for the rest.

Corey looks on drugs on this picture. I really hope there is a better picture of Mickey and us.

My favorite!

And there are the few previews we have!

Taking a cue from Amanda, I am going to do a glad I had/wish I had/wish I didn't game. There are definitely a lot of things I wish I would have done, not a lot that I wish I didn't do, which is a good thing!

Glad I Had
1.) I am glad that I had a rehearsal dinner through Disney catering/fairy tale weddings. In the beginning we were going to book a restaurant or the Big River Grill but it was too much hassle and it was just easy with disney. It was a nice way to get spoiled by disney and we had the most wonderful space (The Attic) to ourselves. Everyone loved the space and it was just a great time. I wish it was a little longer though. We only had it for two hours. It was more expensive to book through Disney but I think it was worth it.

2.) Picked the Boardwalk area for all wedding activities. I originally wanted the Wedding Pavilion and I am so glad I didn't go forward with that. It is just so not us and 24 people would have looked weird there.

3.) Added the Ride Mix in of Soarin. Corey told me not do this but I did what every good wife should and didn't listen to him ;) It ended up being one of the most magical times of the day for us and all the guests.

4.) Booked outside for our chiavari chairs and uplighting. At $4.50 a chair and $25 per light I couldn't beat that price. Disney charges an arm and a leg for uplighting.

5.) Stayed at the Beach Club. The renovated rooms were just so beautiful for wedding photos. Everyone really loved their rooms. I basically made them give me a king room and thankfully I did because our king room was amazing. It was perfect for getting ready and photos.

Wish I Had
1.) I wish I would have thought long and hard about the different photos I wanted. We didn't take any photos with the bridesmaids getting ready and I wish we would have faced the photographers for part of the fireworks instead of watching the fireworks. All of our photos are from the back or side.

2.) This is so stereotypical but so true, I wish I would have ate more. I barely ate my plate at the wedding. I didn't eat any salad with honey lime vinaigrette, I didn't eat any chicken, and I didn't eat a lot of the steak because my piece was more well done. I wish I would have went back up for seconds. At the dessert party I literally could not eat anymore. I didn't get to try any cronuts or oreo bon bons! I am so mad at myself now. One of the things I was most looking forward to was the food and I didn't even take advantage of it. I also wish I would have had a couple more drinks :)

3.) I would have had paid for my photographer to come to our rehearsal dinner and paid for her to come to Soarin with to take photos of us while we were getting ready to take off. I would give anything to have more of those memories in photos. I think we have three from Soarin.

4.) Nothing really concerning the wedding at all but I wish I would have spent more time with all my guests. The first two days I mostly spent with my friends but I probably should have broken up the time. I didn't really get to see my aunts who both flew here. I also didn't spend much time with my dad.

5.) I wish I would have gone tanning ahead of time. It isn't a huge deal but I still had tan lines from September!!! I would have thought they would have went away in three months but I guess not.

6.) I wish I would have invited who I wanted to from the beginning. Ideally, our wedding would have been perfect with 30. We had 24 guests plus us. It wasn't always the most exciting on the dance floor but it was still fun. My aunt said she would have come if I invited her earlier and I feel bad that I waited so long to hear back no's from other people. I should have just invited everyone who I wanted because I didn't realize so many people would say no. Although it was really nice to pay for only 26 people.

7.) I wish we would have spent more times at the parks during our honeymoon. We took advantage of the grand floridian but we barely spent times at the parks! The last night of our honeymoon we fell asleep at like 8:30. How horrible is that!

Wish I Didn't Do
1.) I wish I didn't wear my shoes I chose! They were absolutely gorgeous but snagged on my crinoline in my dress. It was really hard to walk because they kept getting caught in the underneath of my dress.

2.) While I had fun I drank too much at the rehearsal. I woke up with a hangover! Luckily, it went away pretty quickly but I was feeling really crappy until about 9am.

That is all I can think of for things I wish I did not do :) I guess it went pretty perfectly!

Last edited:
Preliminary Vendor Reviews

Also following Amanda's suggestions, I will do preliminary vendor reviews. I may come across as negative but I have high standards, sorry!

Ashley Jane Photography, A+
Ashley is just sooo wonderful to work with. She immediately made us feel comfortable. And that takes a lot with Corey. I have really loved everything I have seen so far. She was amazing the day of the wedding! I had so much fun with her. Her and her 2nd shooter were amazing. Best team around! I also think she is a great value. The only reason I didn't give her an A+ is because I wish she would blog. It would have been nice to share a blog post instead of having to post the photos myself. And Disney's new contract says they can't share any disney photos at all. Edited 1/24 I just got my pictures and it has taken my rating up! I am obsessed with the pictures and think they are as good as the Roots and I believe she is cheaper. There are a couple of "wish I did" with photography but all that it my own fault on not expressing what I wanted.

Beyond Videography, ?
I am not going to give them a rating yet until I see their work. Tyler,'s who is the owner, communication is pretty bad. It takes a long time. But he is super friendly. The day of the wedding I give him an A+. Also, this is my fault but I didn't research enough. At first I wanted the bare bones for video because it was the least of my priorities. But now, I want it all. And that 7 minute video isn't cutting it. I asked for all raw footage so I can hear it and see everything but I haven't heard back yet. I will give him a little slack because of the holidays. I know I have to pay extra for the raw footage and that is okay. The one amazing thing that happened is that I cut our package down at the last week to just one videographer and he brought a second shooter anyways. I feel like I should give him more money but I did clarify that I only wanted one videographer.

Maxine Pollakis, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, A
Maxine was great to work with. Her responses were very quick and she got everything I wanted done. She also did me a huge favor and charged me lunch prices for a late lunch reception. She was able to give me suggestions to cut cost and gave me honest feedback on everything. When our cocktail hour had to be moved she gave us a credit and a complimentary champagne toast. Those things alone were amazing! This is me being really narcissistic but the only thing that made me a tiny bit hurt was that she didn't share any thing of our wedding on instagram. She normally posts pictures on her personal IG from her weddings but not of mine. She was so professional every time we were together. I feel like I wish I would have gotten a bit more guidance closer to the wedding but that may have been my fault. Her and her team the day of the wedding were incredible. I truly can't believe how many people were there for our wedding from Disney!

LeJeune Artistry, Makeup A+ Hair A-
Patricia did an amazing job on my makeup. I can't believe how incredible my makeup looked. The way she made my green eyes pop were amazing. I liked my hair but I didn't love it. Granted, I didn't have a trial. I wanted the bun in the back to poof out a bit more than it did. It also was falling out by the end of the night. This is totally my fault but I only got a partial highlight before. The way she did my hair looked like a drastic change from highlights to natural hair. I wish she would have done something different to fix that. Everyone else's hair looked really great. But once again, just me being really picky.

Orlando Party & Wedding Rentals, Final Product A+ Process B
I felt like they gave me the runaround on pricing throughout the process. I worked with Brittany and she was very friendly although a bit slow in emails. I took away 16 chairs at the end for cocktail hour and she said she didn't know if they could still honor the prices. Also tried charging me more delivery fee just to add chargers. I got chargers, chiavari chairs, and uplights through them and the price was amazing. Chargers were $1, chairs $4.50, and uplights $25 each. Also, when I went with the lower count for uplights the price was going to be more per light all of a sudden. I just didn't like the way she kept changing around prices. Just trying to get the most out of me. However, the end result was fabulous! I still give them an overall good rating.

Bluegrass Chic Floral, A-
The end result wasn't exactly what I gave her for my vision. However, it grew on me. I ended up really loving my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquet. I started getting text messages Thursday night on the way to Orlando with pictures from my bouquet asking me if I like them. Great that she was texting me for feedback because I did change a lot. But putting together my bouquet on a Thursday for a Monday wedding? That seemed a little too soon. She guaranteed me my flowers were going to be fresh for the wedding. They were for the most part but some of them were a little droopy once I started handling the bouquet. One flower I had to rip out because it was drooping. I think my flowers were just really fragile. The pluses were the feedback -- it was so great to be able to see what the bouquet looked like before and make any changes necessary. She had to redo it like four times because I kept having her take away more. The negatives were a little wilty flowers and that it didn't look exactly like my inspiration. But, the end results and pictures are good.

Heather Sparby, A
Heather was very sweet and nice. Her response was delayed at times and I had to get Maxine involved. But I am sure she has a lot of weddings that she does. I wish I would have been a BIT more specific in my vision. I said hot pink in the floral but I think it was a little too hot pink. I also didn't love my cake table and the flowers on the top of the cake. But I loved the centerpieces. I also wish I could have taken flowers with me to my room. It makes me so sad that all of our wedding flowers were thrown away. They were too pretty and expensive to only be used for one day.

Timothy Herring Officiant, A-
My family all loved his spiel during the ceremony. He was a bit too southern preacher for me. He also asked Corey and me to send him reasons why we wanted to spend the rest our lives with each other. We each spent a lot of time typing up an email because I thought he was going to use them in his sermon. He didn't personalize the sermon with anything from what we told him. I also didn't like how he took pictures of us at the end. It took away 5 minutes with our professional photographer. Sure, it is cool that he takes pictures of every one of his couples but it is a little weird. This is me being negative again but I am just being honest.

DJ Charles Miles, A+
I requested this DJ after hearing great things about him and he was simply fabulous. My entire family raved about him being the best DJ ever. He met our needs perfectly, surprised us based on information he just found out about us. He was amazing. He knew what we liked and what we didn't. I simply can't say enough good things about him.

Overall, I was very happy with everyone that helped me. The things I am nitpicking are just minor. Everything came together beautifully!!

Last edited:
Beautiful photos and great update! You both look lovely! Congratulations!

This was wonderful to read! I had been thinking about a Disney wedding for years, and I'm glad you more or less broke it down price wise. Congrats as well! You both looked fantastic! :)

Day 1 December 3rd: Travel Day

This day started bright and early. It was the first time we have ever drove to Disney! I was actually sad about not taking Magical Express because that signifies the start of the Disney trip. But I was glad we could take all of this stuff down ourselves. Our guests wouldn't have gotten welcome bags if I still lived in Minnesota.

The night before we had our last dance lesson. Our instructor apparently is obsessed with disney so we got to see his disney tree. It was unbelievable. I was having major jealousy!

We had a late night because we had to drop our dog off at the dog sitters, which is 30 min away.

We left Ohio at 6:15am. I had stomach issues because of nerves so we had to stop right off the highway. Corey's sister posted on facebook a car selfie of them so I did the same thing and sent it to her. You can see how much we have in the car.

For lunch Corey packed us ham sandwiches. It is what his family used to always eat on the drives down to Florida.

We were making really good time -- before we knew it we were in Atlanta!

Originally we were going to stop in Gainesville and eat Shanes Rib Shack in Valdosta, GA but spur of the moment we decided to drive straight to Orlando. Corey found out there was a Shack Shack in Orlando so we had a YOLO moment and decided to get Shake Shack for dinner.

About 5pm my florist started texting me my bouquet.

This is the inspiration I gave her minus the peonies.

This is what my bouquet looked like. I didn't like it!

I hated it and started freaking out. Then I told her to remove the leaves and she sent me this.

I still thought there was too much green so she sent me this.

Then I asked her to remove more of the hydrangea.

And finally I liked it!

Looking back at these pictures makes me feel silly because I did end up liking it but I was worried about hating my floral at the time. We also thought she was making it too early but she said she wasn't.

Anyways, a little while after we got a call from our room coordinator that they found a room for my aunt and uncle at the Beach Club! Yaya! I called her and let her know she was staying there now and she was so excited.

We ended up getting to Orlando at 7:45 and we made a beeline to Shake Shack which is right by the Orlando Eye, which we have never seen before.

At Shake Shack we had to park across the street in a huge garage. I was terrified to leave our car with all of our stuff in it. But we went anyways. And ate our food in about 10 minutes. I literally devoured my burger and french fries so we could get back. OMG it was heaven. Those cheese fries though!

After our delicious meal we headed to our hotel. I booked the Best Western across from Downtown Disney for pretty cheap. Definitely no disney service there. Our room was fine but it was right by the elevator. This hotel was huge and there was only one person working with bell services so we had to wait about 30 min to get a cart.

I knew we needed to put our welcome bags together so I thought we could put our bags together tonight and then drop them off in the morning and them come back here and check out. But then I forgot we had to get our cookies from Cookie cousins which doesn't open until 10am. Checkout was at 11am and they refused to give me a late checkout. So we were going to have to assemble them in our car in the parking lot at the Beach Club.

I realized all this after I brought up 75% of our belongings out of our car. Grrr.

Anyways, the best moment of this night was the Packers game. Corey is a HUGE HUGE packers fan and this was the night they won on a hail mary. When the receiver caught that pass Corey freaked out! It was so funny. He jumped out of his bed and started screaming. It definitely was the best start to our wedding week. The only thing he could have asked for.

Oh, my, goodness. I want some of that burger! Lol.

Can't wait to read the next installment!

My family all loved his spiel during the ceremony. He was a bit too southern preacher for me. He also asked Corey and me to send him reasons why we wanted to spend the rest our lives with each other. We each spent a lot of time typing up an email because I thought he was going to use them in his sermon. He didn't personalize the sermon with anything from what we told him. I also didn't like how he took pictures of us at the end. It took away 5 minutes with our professional photographer. Sure, it is cool that he takes pictures of every one of his couples but it is a little weird. This is me being negative again but I am just being honest.

Overall, I was very happy with everyone that helped me. The things I am nitpicking are just minor. Everything came together beautifully!!
Do you think you could tell him...No...I don't want any photos and if you did would you say that after the ceremony?
I don't want to cause a stir or issues. I don't mind him being in a few official photos...but in terms of his personal photos which I see him share on his FB page....

Re the email thing he's told me about that to personalise it but I was thinking I wouldn't overthink it...after everything my fiancé and I have been through ....we're are so needing to get married it's going to be a relief...long story....

You look stunning btw! I think I tried on that dress :-) Lovely!

WOOHOOOO! CONGRATSSSS!!!!! You're dress looked perfect! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
I just realized your wedding date was a day before mine! Legally we were married on the 7th before the boat left dock, but our ceremony was on the 8th. Yay for Dec weddings!

I'm so glad you posted this on him. He is doing our vow renewal and we are just doing something simple. My husband is very Southern, and just knowing this makes me more excited. This is very "us". (I know it's not your thing). Randy Chapman is our photographer, he's worked with him tons of times. So I don't think at all it will take away from our photo time. But every person is very different. Don't sweat the little things now. You had a beautiful day.

Love your photos!! OMG your favorite one is awesome! I hope you get the rest soon! And your video!
I have opted out on any fireworks photos. I have read so many where the couple never really got to enjoy the fireworks or enjoy their guests because they were too busy posing. To me, it's not a big thing or a must have for me. We are doing the pontoon Wishes cruise, so all of us on that little boat. I'm sure my BFF will be taking photos.

And OMG on your dance instructors tree!! How cool!!

Your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!!
You and your husband look fantastic!
I'm so in aw of your dress!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your wedding and trip!

Beautiful photos and great update! You both look lovely! Congratulations!
Thank you so much!
This was wonderful to read! I had been thinking about a Disney wedding for years, and I'm glad you more or less broke it down price wise. Congrats as well! You both looked fantastic! :)
Thanks so much, I am so sad it is over.
Oh, my, goodness. I want some of that burger! Lol.

Can't wait to read the next installment!
It was sooo yummy!
Do you think you could tell him...No...I don't want any photos and if you did would you say that after the ceremony?
I don't want to cause a stir or issues. I don't mind him being in a few official photos...but in terms of his personal photos which I see him share on his FB page....

Re the email thing he's told me about that to personalise it but I was thinking I wouldn't overthink it...after everything my fiancé and I have been through ....we're are so needing to get married it's going to be a relief...long story....

You look stunning btw! I think I tried on that dress :-) Lovely!
You probably could tell him that. I had no idea he posted the pictures. Yes, don't overthink it!

WOOHOOOO! CONGRATSSSS!!!!! You're dress looked perfect! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
I just realized your wedding date was a day before mine! Legally we were married on the 7th before the boat left dock, but our ceremony was on the 8th. Yay for Dec weddings!
Thank you so much!! It was fun to have a december wedding. We both love Christmas so it was a good decision.
I'm so glad you posted this on him. He is doing our vow renewal and we are just doing something simple. My husband is very Southern, and just knowing this makes me more excited. This is very "us". (I know it's not your thing). Randy Chapman is our photographer, he's worked with him tons of times. So I don't think at all it will take away from our photo time. But every person is very different. Don't sweat the little things now. You had a beautiful day.

Love your photos!! OMG your favorite one is awesome! I hope you get the rest soon! And your video!
I have opted out on any fireworks photos. I have read so many where the couple never really got to enjoy the fireworks or enjoy their guests because they were too busy posing. To me, it's not a big thing or a must have for me. We are doing the pontoon Wishes cruise, so all of us on that little boat. I'm sure my BFF will be taking photos.

And OMG on your dance instructors tree!! How cool!!
Oh good, I am so glad I posted it! You will really like him. I am so excited to have the pictures. We actually watched the fireworks but I wish we would have posed for at least one picture.
Your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!!
You and your husband look fantastic!
I'm so in aw of your dress!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your wedding and trip!

Thank you! I can't wait to relive it.

After falling asleep all giddy because of the Packers win, we woke up pretty early!

I showered and then we loaded up the car with all of the junk I brought up to the room.

Our first stop was Publix. We had to buy fruit for our welcome bags! I bought some apples and bananas. I also bought a Mtn Dew Kickstart. I asked for some cash back from the cash register, I think $30. She handed me $40 and I didn't say anything! That makes me a bad person, I know. But then she realized she gave me too much so she took it back.

Our next step was Cookie Cousins to pick up my cookies I ordered for the welcome bags. I ordered three designs, a monogram M, a mickey head, and a green bay packers helmet. It was our first time every driving through downtown orlando. It took about 35 minutes to get to the cookie places, the traffic was a little bad. The cookie place didn't open until 10am so we waited in the car a bit.

I picked up the cookies and the presentation was perfect! They were in a white box wrapped in a pink box.

And here were the cookies. OMG we LOVED them! They were perfect. Better than I imagined.

We headed back to Disney and finally passed through the gates!

We headed to the Beach Club and dropped off our luggage at Bell services. I didn't give them my wedding dress or our bag with the rings in them.

I checked in and they were going to give us a room with two queen beds. Ummm no thank you. This is our wedding and our honeymoon. I told them we needed a king size bed so I was there for about 20 minutes waiting. Thankfully they figured it out! We got a king room, but it wasn't ready yet.

So, off we went to put together our welcome bags in the parking lot!

It was actually pretty fun to assemble them in the parking lot. We parked where there were a couple spaces on either sides of the car and off we went with the teamwork! We only had 10 bags to put together but each room had two bags.

We had a brown kraft bag with
two bottles of water
two bags of pretzels
trailmix
first aid bag with bandaids, advil, hand sanitizer

chips
granola bars
His and Her bag with our favorite chocolates
guidemaps

a cookie per person

We had a pink bag for liquids
mini wine per person over +21
izze sparkling water
starbucks iced coffee

Our guests really got spoiled!

My aunt actually posted this picture on Facebook thanking us for all the goodies! I really hope they were able to enjoy some of the goodies.

So off it was to drop them off. We had four rooms at the Beach Club so we put them all in the blue bin. They were giving me a hard time telling me they wouldn't drop them off until tomorrow so I had to call Maxine and get her involved. All was well after that.

Next we went to Bonnet Creek. FYI, they were able to hold it too! I just kept it will bell services, then they had to call to get it.

Then we went to POFQ, I spoke with a manager and he was so helpful! No issues here.

Then we went to Saratoga Springs and they were clueless. I got stuck with a lady who must have been new.

Next was Pop, that went pretty well but I found out they put the bag in a box which I wasn't pleased about because our bags were decorated (me being picky!). I know a lot of people complain about these bags but I am really glad we did it. Everyone enjoyed the bags, especially the cookies. We spent way more than I wanted to, but with a car it was easy to drop them off.

The last stop was the Grand Floridian wedding pavilion to drop off our stuff at Francks.

So nice to be back. The front desk CM said she was going to be there the day of our wedding and we got so excited!

When we got back to our hotel our room still wasn't ready and my friends were at Epcot having a good time. Karyn, my friend from college, Emily (my BM and best friend since gradeschool), and her boyfriend Chris got in pretty early and they went to Epcot to have fun. All I wanted to was have fun with them but we didn't want to leave everything in our car. We had about 8 extra cookies that I wanted for pictures wedding day. I didn't want the frosting to melt.

Corey and I were starving at this point so we made the decision to head to Epcot through the IG and get something at the France bakery then head back.

It was a gorgeous day and we felt so lucky to be staying at the Beach Club.

I had to exchange my annual pass voucher and he promised me that I would get photopass so I was really excited about that! Otherwise I would have had to buy it. I am so glad they added photopass.

We took some photopass pictures to test it out. I looked absolutely horrible in that white shirt! Even though it is cute.

At the France pavilion we both had ham and cheese croissants. Oh wow those things are our favorite.

After France we looked at the ice cream but decided to pass and headed back to the resort. Still no text message.

On the way out we saw Tom and Sarah Bricker! Disney celebrities. I stopped and said hi and totally embarassed myself. I have seen them in the parks before but never said hi.

We went to the car to make sure my dress and cookies were okay and they were. Corey's parents were almost at the resort so we waited at the resort. Then we saw PrincessJess, another disney celebrity. So weird we saw both of them.

Corey's parents arrived and we were so excited to see them! Our first wedding guests we saw.

Our room STILL wasn't ready so I went up and checked on it and it was ready two hours ago but I never got a text message! I was so annoyed. Anyways, we headed up to our room with Corey's parents to check it out. The only thing bad about our room was that it was really really far away. I felt like it was the never ending hallway.

Our view (not the best but it was fine). Our balcony was really small though. We couldn't sit on it.

I WANT THIS!

Anyways, we absolutely loved our room and it was HUGE! Perfect to get ready in wedding morning. We called to get our stuff and Corey's dad and him brought the rest of our stuff up.

Next, time for some friend time.

Last edited:
Those cookies are ADORABLE! What lucky guests! Also love the room! Looks perfect for getting ready in like you said! Is that an updated room? It is beautiful!

Haha....yes the Beach Club never ending corridors. That's my pet hate. We've stayed there on DVC and it really pissed me off after a while. I don't mind walking. I do loads of walking around my city. But Hotel corridors are the pits....even Disney ones...and somehow Beach club is the worst on property I've had...

Thank you for the comment on the white shirt btw...I've been umming and ahhhing about the custom bride or just married shirts and I'm just not feeling I'll look good in it! You look fab btw...I just lost 12kgs recently and am still trying to work out sizing and it's a nightmare....so I think I'll stick with more fitted tops!

We must have been in wedding parallel universes. We got married on the same day, and I think we had the same attitude about our weddings. I also couldn't wait for it to be over, and I was also afraid that I would hate my bouquet. Meanwhile, almost a month later, I wish I could relive the whole thing over again, and my bouquet is still in my refrigerator because I don't want to throw it away!

We got a king bed room at the Beach Club also! It was awesome for getting ready purposes, for sure. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

Those cookies are ADORABLE! What lucky guests! Also love the room! Looks perfect for getting ready in like you said! Is that an updated room? It is beautiful!
I love my cookies too :) Yes, it is an updated room. They did an amazing job renovating those rooms.

Haha....yes the Beach Club never ending corridors. That's my pet hate. We've stayed there on DVC and it really pissed me off after a while. I don't mind walking. I do loads of walking around my city. But Hotel corridors are the pits....even Disney ones...and somehow Beach club is the worst on property I've had...

Thank you for the comment on the white shirt btw...I've been umming and ahhhing about the custom bride or just married shirts and I'm just not feeling I'll look good in it! You look fab btw...I just lost 12kgs recently and am still trying to work out sizing and it's a nightmare....so I think I'll stick with more fitted tops!
Yes, it was totally was neverending. I thought AKL Was bad until these. Congrats on your weight loss!

We must have been in wedding parallel universes. We got married on the same day, and I think we had the same attitude about our weddings. I also couldn't wait for it to be over, and I was also afraid that I would hate my bouquet. Meanwhile, almost a month later, I wish I could relive the whole thing over again, and my bouquet is still in my refrigerator because I don't want to throw it away!

We got a king bed room at the Beach Club also! It was awesome for getting ready purposes, for sure. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)
I wish I could have kept my bouquet :( Instead I threw it away at the Beach Club Villas. SO SAD! I really liked how your room had that sink in there!

We had fastpasses at Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Mania coming up very quickly and Emily and group were in line for Test Track! I got a little worried we were going to miss our time. I told them to head over here as soon as possible.

Corey and I waited outside before they got there. There was a CM Cleaning up in front of me. Then I got a phone call (i think my mom?) and I said "Hi!" really loud. He thought I was talking to him and he yelled back hi. Then he realized I was on my phone. It was kind of funny but I hope I didn't embarass him.

Then I saw my friends coming and I was so excited! The last time I saw Karyn was at our friend Cortney's wedding two years ago!

We headed to wait for the boat and there was a lot of people waiting. Luckily, we were literally the last people they let on. Otherwise we would miss our fastpass.

When we got to the park we beelined to TSM and we made it!

I rode with Karyn and Corey rode alone. And Karyn ended up beating me!! Grrr!

Next, we went on our fastpass on Tower of Terror but first we stopped for photopass pics.

This photographer had some wrong settings.

Of course we got the most obnoxious group of Pop Warner boys on our ride. They were so awful. Shrill shrieking the entire time. I half was tempted to ask to ride it again. Karyn was so scared and it was hilarious.

Next we went on Star Tours. I loved the new additions! I loved seeing BB8. How cool!

Since we were on the Star Wars track we headed into the new building to get photos with Chewie.

Once again, bad photopass setting. Chewbacca blends into the wall. I really liked this meet and greet. And the wait wasn't too bad at all.

After the meet and greet we went to go eat at Backlot Express. Corey wanted his beloved buffalo nuggets. When we got there they were NOWHERE to be found. He was seriously upset. He was looking forward to them for a long time.

Instead he got chicken nuggets. I got the chicken and waffles. This was actually good. The waffles were good and I like the chicken with BBQ.

For my dessert I got the BB8 cupcake. It was surprisingly light and not too sweet. I really enjoyed the chocolate rocks too. This was a lemon cupcake.

After we ate we headed to fight the crowds at the Osborne Lights. First I had to have my picture taken with Santa Goofy. This was a long line! We waited in line at least 30 minutes.

Giving the guys high fives!

Giving the girls hugs

Such a fun meet and greet. I love Santa Goofy.

After this we headed into the Osborne Lights. I really love the Osborne lights. So sad to see them go as is everyone. While walking around thankfully we heard the Christmas Sarajevo? I think that is what it is called. That song is my FAV!

While my friends were walking around my aunt and uncle and cousins showed up! They just came over from Magic Kingdom after eating at Kona. Brandon (my ring bearer) lost his magic band so they were a little delayed. His also lost his sweatshirt. Haha.

We had fun walking around with them. I was so excited to see my second wedding guests.

When we left the park we said bye to emily and friends.

We walked back with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. We were going to take the boat but the line was insane. So we walked and had a lot of fun! So nice that you can walk to Epcot and HS from the beach Club.

When we got to the hotel they had to get their room number so we went up to their room with them to check it out. We were so excited to hear they were going to be in the same hallway! We also wanted to see them open up their welcome basket, which they loved! We wanted to give the kids their gifts also, which was two $25 disney gift cards to buy something on vacation. The kids suddenly got soo hyper. They were jumping on the beds! I feel bad for the neighbors.

Back at our room we ate our first bite of cookie-- the GB helmet. Wow was that cookie good. My dad was currently en route set to land about 10pm. I still don't know why he chose such a late flight. They didn't get to the resort until midnight and never had dinner so they were starving and cranky. Their dinner was my cookies from the bags.

While we were putting together welcome bags and off at Hollywood Studios, the rest of my family was having a great time! Most arrived today even though my dad was later.

My dad and stepmom were boarding their plane and were so excited!

My mom, three aunts, sister, and brother were eating at House of Blues.

My in laws were getting on the Mears bus. My new last name is Mears so it is a running joke that we are millionaires and very well known in Orlando. Wonder if I can get away with pretending we own the company?

Kari, Chris, and our nephew Austin were having pool time at POFQ.

My aunt, uncle, and two cousins had a full day at MK.

Emily, Chris, and Karyn met Aurora at Epcot.

Everyone had a really great day! I wish we could have spent more time with everyone!!

Last edited:
Congratulations Rachel! Your dress is stunning and all your photos are beautiful :lovestruc Thanks for sharing your TR with us, loving it so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter