Race's make the park how much crowded

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
I am not sure i should move our dates again because of the new race or not?
How much of a crowd in-cress can we expect the three days of the race?
I also see the races may only be at 5:30 am so what time is it expected over? Do they race's normally end before opening the park? Or do the racers get in the way of the Disney goes?:crowded:

I am half way considering joining the 5k race if i do keep these dates. Only reason is, because this year i have started working out at the gym. My legs still hurt alot of times and standing still hurts but if i could jog or walk or even make it to the end of a 5k race. Maybe i should try. I don't know how much the 5 k race would be compared to the 13.1 mile race.

I don't even know how many miles the 5k race would be.:faint:

I am concerned about crowd levels, about the F, Fireworks, and world of color shows, and about the holiday decorations and shows running. Any advice about the race's you have seen or been to or heard about would be appreciated.:cheer2:

By the way since jan 12th when i started school and started working out at the gym 2 days a week 2 hours a day. I have lost 9 lbs. pixiedust:

I am not sure i should move our dates again because of the new race or not?
How much of a crowd in-cress can we expect the three days of the race?
I also see the races may only be at 5:30 am so what time is it expected over? Do they race's normally end before opening the park? Or do the racers get in the way of the Disney goes?:crowded:

I am half way considering joining the 5k race if i do keep these dates. Only reason is, because this year i have started working out at the gym. My legs still hurt alot of times and standing still hurts but if i could jog or walk or even make it to the end of a 5k race. Maybe i should try. I don't know how much the 5 k race would be compared to the 13.1 mile race.

I don't even know how many miles the 5k race would be.:faint:

I am concerned about crowd levels, about the F, Fireworks, and world of color shows, and about the holiday decorations and shows running. Any advice about the race's you have seen or been to or heard about would be appreciated.:cheer2:

By the way since jan 12th when i started school and started working out at the gym 2 days a week 2 hours a day. I have lost 9 lbs. pixiedust:

A 5k is a little more than 3 miles.

A marathon weekend will definitely impact crowds. Usually the registration sells out...I can't imagine this marathon will be any different.
The races take place before the park opens, but the Esplanade and DTD will be very busy the mornings of the races.
It shouldn't effect entertainment...just that there may be more people in the parks to compete with for seats/spots.

thanks. The more i look at it the more i may try to do it. I did find a price of $70- for the 5 k that id sign up for so that isn't to bad.

I wonder if they allow family's to be at the finish line. i wonder if the course would be the same as other 5k race's there, and if they are, what the course is and where it starts and ends.

You can Google Disneyland 5k route and images will come up of the route they usually use. I doubt it will differ much from the other races.
I think spectators have to purchase a special package in order to get seating by the finish line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter