Racers Retreat at WDW Marathon

engle

DIS Veteran
Anyone done this? Can you tell me about it? Did you think it was worth it??

I liked the race retreat when I did the marathon this year for before the race. It was very cold at 3:30 in the morning so having the shelter to hang out in prior to the race was a huge convenience. I also liked it because I was able to just get out of bed, into my running clothes and out the door knowing my bagel and fruit were waiting for me at the retreat.

I didn't use it too much after the race. I was ready to just go home and shower so didn't spend a whole lot of time taking advantage of what it had to offer.

Have friends that like it and always have used it and have friends who think the opposite.

I have not used the retreat since I didn't think coming in at the very end that there would be anything left for me to enjoy. Now, pre-race perhaps. I just don't eat that much before an event and usually take my own.

I liked it since it was a central place to meet up w/my DH & DD. Also I could sit down & eat after the marathon & ice my knee.
Plus like PP, it was SUPER nice in the wee hours of the morning. We could eat, change, relax, have private bathrooms, etc.

It's pricey, but for my first time it was worth it...not sure about this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter